The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Prediction

The_Conjurer
The_Conjurer
✭✭✭
I'm not sure how much canon this prediction could be, but I'm posting it.
tiber septim was the first dragonborn. it hit me when I remembered he came about in the second era. ESO is taking place in E2... Elsweyr just got released and it had dragons. will tiber septim be in ESO?... If this be the case, there will be a huge change (in cyrodiil particularly). tiber septim was known for uniting tamriel. introducing him would mean pvp in cyrodiil would change: perhaps a new type of pvp would form. the map from TES IV would also begin to form and we might see those major cities start to prosper, making them questing grounds for new content. how would you feel if this became the future situation? any refutations regarding lore are welcome.
"Jyggalag's forces are gathering in the Fringe...And I HATE IT when people gather forces in my Fringes!" - Sheogorath
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Three Banners War began in year 580 of the Second Era.

Tiber Septim will be born in year 828 of the Second Era.

So..... no.
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tiber septim was the first dragonborn. it hit me when I remembered he came about in the second era. ESO is taking place in E2... Elsweyr just got released and it had dragons. will tiber septim be in ESO?... If this be the case, there will be a huge change (in cyrodiil particularly). tiber septim was known for uniting tamriel. introducing him would mean pvp in cyrodiil would change: perhaps a new type of pvp would form. the map from TES IV would also begin to form and we might see those major cities start to prosper, making them questing grounds for new content. how would you feel if this became the future situation? any refutations regarding lore are welcome.

I am absolutely no expert on lore, but I thought Miraak was the first dragonborn? Also, Tiber Septim wont be born for another 300 years or so?
    I think this is why we are at the time period that we are right now, because history/lore is a bit unclear during this period, so not really sure what to predict. And then theres the dragon breaks...
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200-300 year gap between the events of ESO (582-583) and Septim (somewhere between the 800-900 area)
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    My lore is a bit rusty these days, but I remember that Tiber Septim united tamriel somewhere around 2E 800. The events of ESO take place around 2E 582, and I believe Septim was (hu)man so I doubt he was born yet.
    Edited by Vermethys on June 30, 2019 2:37PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »

I am absolutely no expert on lore, but I thought Miraak was the first dragonborn? Also, Tiber Septim wont be born for another 300 years or so?
    I think this is why we are at the time period that we are right now, because history/lore is a bit unclear during this period, so not really sure what to predict. And then theres the dragon breaks...

Yes miraak is the first Dragonborn, miraak being from the Merethic era a good 3500 years before the events of eso and Septim...
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lore in ESO?

They'll fix the lag first, I'm sure of it.
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • The_Conjurer
    The_Conjurer
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the comments! excellent info from them!
    "Jyggalag's forces are gathering in the Fringe...And I HATE IT when people gather forces in my Fringes!" - Sheogorath
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will tiber septim be in ESO?
    As has been answered, nope.
    How-ever...
    ...it might be entirely possible that someday there will be a questline to save an ancestor of Talos somewhere in falkreath hold... Just as a nod towards the lore. And an "evil worm cultist assassins are trying to murder a last scion of alessias bloodline hidden by imperial loyalists until the time is right" would make for an nice DLC plot, would it not?
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How-ever...
    ...it might be entirely possible that someday there will be a questline to save an ancestor of Talos somewhere in falkreath hold... Just as a nod towards the lore. And an "evil worm cultist assassins are trying to murder a last scion of alessias bloodline hidden by imperial loyalists until the time is right" would make for an nice DLC plot, would it not?

Falkreath hold is already in game as a dlc dungeon...
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How-ever...

Come on, you DO realize that "Falkreath Hold" is a -region- and not a -dungeon-???
    I mean, look on this old, OLD map:
    ESO_Pre-Launch_Map.png
    ...and see what I am talking about?

Doesn't really matter that we already visited a dungeon in falkreath hold... there is a while -region- they could do. Someday.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How-ever...

Come on, you DO realize that "Falkreath Hold" is a -region- and not a -dungeon-???
    ESO_Pre-Launch_Map.png

Doesn't really matter that we already visited a dungeon in falkreath hold... there is a while -region- they could do. Someday.

Well it kinda does matter that we have the dungeon as the region likely won’t be called as such due to the name of the dungeon.

Let’s also not forget that borders change, yes even between holds. It’s the 2nd era, for all we know what you think is falkreath could be whiterun hold or part of the reach, could be an area in dispute. All we really know is falkreath was founded in the 1st era (no indication as to when in the 1st era, so 3000 years to take a guess with), and that at this time one area known as falkreath hold is under attack from Minotaurs. Borders change.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How-ever...

ESO_Pre-Launch_Map.png

Well it kinda does matter that we have the dungeon as the region likely won’t be called as such due to the name of the dungeon.

Let’s also not forget that borders change, yes even between holds. It’s the 2nd era, for all we know what you think is falkreath could be whiterun hold or part of the reach, could be an area in dispute. All we really know is falkreath was founded in the 1st era (no indication as to when in the 1st era, so 3000 years to take a guess with), and that at this time one area known as falkreath hold is under attack from Minotaurs. Borders change.
    There are two "Falkreath" in skyrim - the region (falkreath hold) and the capital city of that region (falkreath). I always presumed latter to be the dungeon...
    Note however that the map I posted -is- a pre-release map of ESO, not a skyrim map. And yes, borders change, and the reghion had been in trouble in recent decades from an ESO timeline - orcs and reachmen have at one time or another threatened and conquered parts of it... it -could- come under a different name, perhaps even in different parts as falkreath might only in the coming decades establish its supermacy (and name) over it. Nonetheless... this region is where Talos will emerge in three centuries from ESO time or so, so... it -would- make for an interesting idea to have a quest to save his ancestory, secure alessias bloodline for the future, yes? No matter what the region might end up being called...
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How-ever...

ESO_Pre-Launch_Map.png

There are two "Falkreath" in skyrim - the region (falkreath hold) and the capital city of that region (falkreath). I always presumed latter to be the dungeon...
    Note however that the map I posted -is- a pre-release map of ESO, not a skyrim map. And yes, borders change, and the reghion had been in trouble in recent decades from an ESO timeline - orcs and reachmen have at one time or another threatened and conquered parts of it... it -could- come under a different name, perhaps even in different parts as falkreath might only in the coming decades establish its supermacy (and name) over it. Nonetheless... this region is where Talos will emerge in three centuries from ESO time or so, so... it -would- make for an interesting idea to have a quest to save his ancestory, secure alessias bloodline for the future, yes? No matter what the region might end up being called...

Dunno why I waste my time talking to walls... 🙄
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped reading at "tiber septim was the first dragonborn"
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The popular theory overall is that ESO takes place during a dragon break so...the chances of timber septim even being remotely involved is slim....that said dragon breaks tend to mess up realities and time itself so we could see him through this method of story telling but...

Its still unlikely, there are still plenty of things to explore and plenty of regions on the map and the other continents that we haven't had a chance to go to yet. Hell we might even end up on lyg (reverse Tamriel basically and also the birth location of mehrunes dagon and Stonefire, Molag Bal) without traveling in cardinal directions :D

Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Eraldus
    Eraldus
    ✭✭✭✭
    tiber septim was the first dragonborn.

Lmao
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno why I waste my time talking to walls... 🙄
    Well, you started it by talking foolishness!

I was talking about the -region- while using the name refered to it; you got hung up on the name which was used for a dungeon... which does NOT mean the -region- is already in the game "as a dungeon" as your statement indicated, so I had to correct that. Dungeons are a LOT smaller then whole regions in case you hadn't noticed yet...

And as I also showed, they DID use the name to refer to the region at one time, then reused it to refer to the dungeon which only covers the minotaur attack on the regions capital city... NONE of which has any point to the notion I discussed for the -region-.
    So, how should I refer to it when talking about ideas of stories that might be set there, hmmm?
    "Region formerly known as falkreath hold before they nabbed that name for the dungeon that only covers the city within the region"?
    I mean, sure, if they ever do a DLC there, they might change region borders (as they did with Elsweyr from that old, old map), and use different names... but until they do, how should we refer to any region and still be understood?

And that, my poor confused shadow shark, is why I used the name. So people would know what general region I was talking about. Same readon I used the map, to make it more clear.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore in ESO?

They'll fix the lag first, I'm sure of it.

You, sir (or madam) win my Internets for today.