The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This game needs incentives for people to play tanks and healers.

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Sansoul wrote: »
    Dungeon queues are beyond tolerable. Then you factor in the toxic groups that fall apart, the number of groups where someone is AFK right from the jump and you spend 15min waiting and wondering and then vote kicking to remove him. Or those groups like the one I just had, after a 40min queue, I get into a group where 2 people are AFK right from the jump. We sat there waiting for 15 minutes, unable to vote kick them. Then the other person leaves and here I am back in the queue hoping my next group isn't similar.

I try so hard to like this game but stuff like that sends me packing within weeks of coming back every single time. I'm in 4 large guilds, full of people who don't ever talk. Even in guild I can never find people wanting to roll tank or healer. Soon as a log in, I advertise to my guilds "DPS for random dungeon spam" and I'll repeat this once every 30 minutes or so. Ditto for the /zone I'm in at any given time.

Other games have come up with viable solutions for this by offering bonus packs, extra exp, etc... to entice people to play tanks and/or healers.... They use mechanisms like this to account for lopsided class balances. I'm not quite sure why this game can't embrace that.

Never tried so hard to like a game in my life. Come back after every new content push, enjoy the leveling experience or the new scenery for a few weeks, try to get back into end game grind and quickly burn out to another game.

Yeah, this game has a severe lack of tanks and healers. This is present in all MMORPGs. But it's a worse than average on this one - and has gotten steadily worse over the years. The reasons for this is a lot of very stupid nerfs that has made playing these roles a lot less enjoyable than they once were.

What wow does is give extra rewards to those who queue on roles that are in demand. ESO should probably considering doing this.

I would suggest your comments are merely opinion as you have no idea how many tanks are in this game. Most that have any skill avoid the GF because of the low level of skilled players often found in the GF.

So the real issue is not the number of tanks that are in the game but the dearth of skill found in so many random GF groups. Fix that issue and more tanks will be willing to queue up in the GF.

I state this as fact because I am one that no longer queues as a tank because of such very low dps and players who lack a clue about mechanics and are so pig headed they do not want to know the mechanics and blame everyone else. It is just not worth is since myself, like any half decent tank, has access to players via our guilds so we have no reason to deal with the mess.

Also, why are you not forming groups via your guilds or tanking yourself? If you are in a bad build then find a better one. Be the solution.

That is not merely suggesting that people tank themselves if they don't like the queue time.

Thx again for demonstrating that my comments are accurate. That I said nothing of your build.

Now, if you are trying to argue that a faster queue time for tanks is not a great incentive to have an alt build for tanking in a thread complaining about queue times dps then your point is lost due to very sound logic. Be the solution.

I demonstrated that I did to you exactly what you did to me actually.

You did not take it so well either. Which I think speaks for itself. ^^

Your comparison is not even close to being comparable.

I literally typed exactly the same thing you did to me. There not just close to being comparable. They were basically the same thing.

All anyone has to do is go back and read the part I bolded in your quote to see that. I don't who you think you're fooling here - but it's not me. Here is what you said to me because I was not making my own groups:

Also, why are you not forming groups via your guilds or tanking yourself? If you are in a bad build then find a better one. Be the solution.

Sadly you are so wrong that it is not really funny and unfortunately you ar.

Sadly I'm not wrong. I just posted the comment you made to me and the comment I made to you. They were nearly IDENTICAL. lol

And without the context I just pointed out. Did you even read it? LOL

You keep believing those words meant the same thing and ignore the context. Clearly I just pointed out it was not the case, but I can understand one wanting to believe they are right in the face of factual proof they are not.

The context does not change what you said. The comment you made to me was nearly identical to the comment I made to you.

In any case: my point was whether or not someone uses the group finder or forms their own groups - that does not reflect poorly on a person's build one way or the other.

Context has everything to do with what a statement said and have taken my comment out of context in a feeble attempt to say you are speaking the same thing. This is a very basic fundamental language and communication that you are choosing to ignore which is why you are factually very wrong.

I will not be responding to you on this matter any further as it is clear you will continue to ignore the facts even when spelled out and merely reply that you are right and I am wrong. You merely reply with empty reasoning. lol. Cheerio.

Not in this case it doesn't - because I did not take your comment "out of context". I quoted it directly word for word. There is no "feeble attempt" here to do anything other than to show you how similar your comment was to the one I made to you. And I'm content to let those two quotes speak for themselves. Because that is literally all I did in that post was take your comment and point it back at you - which I did intentionally just to see how you would react.

Because as I just told you - I honestly have no clue what your build is nor do I care one way or the other if you use the group finder. That's your business not mine. I thought it was bizarre in the first place for you to question a person's build as it relates to someone using the group finder or forming their own groups - as I would imagine a bad build would be handicap in either circumstance.

I said I wasn’t going to reply but now your just plain lying about what I said.

You are only taking part of what I said in the post, You are ignoring the statement in its entirety which is factually taking my comment out of context. That is the extreme you need to go to in order to be correct, but ok false pretenses.

Now you are accusing me of lying? Interesting. Especially coming from someone who has said they weren't going to reply to me multiple times now.

I'm also not ignoring anything. I am taking the relevant comment you made and comparing it the relevant comment I made. That's how debate works.

In any case: you should really just forget the comment I made to you as it was made purely out of jest to mirror your own comment. It was not even meant to be taken seriously...nor was it suppose to make any sense. That was the point all along.

I said it once, but that’s ok. Find a second time for me as I might be wrong about that.

And yes, suggesting you kept the context of my statement or the context is not important as you did is lying about what I said. Plain and simple but such extremes is what is required for your argument t have a chance to be correct. You are just challenged with the truth.

No the plain and simple truth is I merely redirected your own comment back at you. And just look at what it has wrought. That should probably give you some food for thought. ^^

And you said you weren't going to reply to my comments twice. You just went back and deleted your edit that you added to one of your previous posts to make it seem like you only said it once.

All you did was demonstrate how fake news is created. Edit out part of a statement to spin a false meaning and continue to sell false narrative as though it is the truth..

If you say so....

At least I'm not going back and deleting edits and then pretending I never made them.

I never said I did not say it twice You really need to stop putting words into my mouth. Oh, go edit that comment so you can take it out of context. Again, that would be the only way you would be right. Then again, context is not important to fake news.

You said you only said it once - then invited me to go try and find where you said it twice after you went back and deleted where you said it twice...

I'm not putting anything in your mouth. I'm not taking anything out of context either.

Again, you really need to go back and read the post you are referring to because your memory of that post is incorrect of you are purposely leaving out critical words which would be required for your comment here to be the truth.

You are really good at leaving out important parts to create a false narrative.

Yeah. Ok...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon queues are beyond tolerable. Then you factor in the toxic groups that fall apart, the number of groups where someone is AFK right from the jump and you spend 15min waiting and wondering and then vote kicking to remove him. Or those groups like the one I just had, after a 40min queue, I get into a group where 2 people are AFK right from the jump. We sat there waiting for 15 minutes, unable to vote kick them. Then the other person leaves and here I am back in the queue hoping my next group isn't similar.

I try so hard to like this game but stuff like that sends me packing within weeks of coming back every single time. I'm in 4 large guilds, full of people who don't ever talk. Even in guild I can never find people wanting to roll tank or healer. Soon as a log in, I advertise to my guilds "DPS for random dungeon spam" and I'll repeat this once every 30 minutes or so. Ditto for the /zone I'm in at any given time.

Other games have come up with viable solutions for this by offering bonus packs, extra exp, etc... to entice people to play tanks and/or healers.... They use mechanisms like this to account for lopsided class balances. I'm not quite sure why this game can't embrace that.

Never tried so hard to like a game in my life. Come back after every new content push, enjoy the leveling experience or the new scenery for a few weeks, try to get back into end game grind and quickly burn out to another game.

Yeah, this game has a severe lack of tanks and healers. This is present in all MMORPGs. But it's a worse than average on this one - and has gotten steadily worse over the years. The reasons for this is a lot of very stupid nerfs that has made playing these roles a lot less enjoyable than they once were.

What wow does is give extra rewards to those who queue on roles that are in demand. ESO should probably considering doing this.

I would suggest your comments are merely opinion as you have no idea how many tanks are in this game. Most that have any skill avoid the GF because of the low level of skilled players often found in the GF.

So the real issue is not the number of tanks that are in the game but the dearth of skill found in so many random GF groups. Fix that issue and more tanks will be willing to queue up in the GF.

I state this as fact because I am one that no longer queues as a tank because of such very low dps and players who lack a clue about mechanics and are so pig headed they do not want to know the mechanics and blame everyone else. It is just not worth is since myself, like any half decent tank, has access to players via our guilds so we have no reason to deal with the mess.

That is not merely suggesting that people tank themselves if they don't like the queue time.

Thx again for demonstrating that my comments are accurate. That I said nothing of your build.

Now, if you are trying to argue that a faster queue time for tanks is not a great incentive to have an alt build for tanking in a thread complaining about queue times dps then your point is lost due to very sound logic. Be the solution.

I literally typed exactly the same thing you did to me. There not just close to being comparable. They were basically the same thing.

All anyone has to do is go back and read the part I bolded in your quote to see that. I don't who you think you're fooling here - but it's not me. Here is what you said to me because I was not making my own groups:

Sadly I'm not wrong. I just posted the comment you made to me and the comment I made to you. They were nearly IDENTICAL. lol

You keep believing those words meant the same thing and ignore the context. Clearly I just pointed out it was not the case, but I can understand one wanting to believe they are right in the face of factual proof they are not.

The context does not change what you said. The comment you made to me was nearly identical to the comment I made to you.

In any case: my point was whether or not someone uses the group finder or forms their own groups - that does not reflect poorly on a person's build one way or the other.

Context has everything to do with what a statement said and have taken my comment out of context in a feeble attempt to say you are speaking the same thing. This is a very basic fundamental language and communication that you are choosing to ignore which is why you are factually very wrong.

I will not be responding to you on this matter any further as it is clear you will continue to ignore the facts even when spelled out and merely reply that you are right and I am wrong. You merely reply with empty reasoning. lol. Cheerio.

Not in this case it doesn't - because I did not take your comment "out of context". I quoted it directly word for word. There is no "feeble attempt" here to do anything other than to show you how similar your comment was to the one I made to you. And I'm content to let those two quotes speak for themselves. Because that is literally all I did in that post was take your comment and point it back at you - which I did intentionally just to see how you would react.

Because as I just told you - I honestly have no clue what your build is nor do I care one way or the other if you use the group finder. That's your business not mine. I thought it was bizarre in the first place for you to question a person's build as it relates to someone using the group finder or forming their own groups - as I would imagine a bad build would be handicap in either circumstance.

You are only taking part of what I said in the post, You are ignoring the statement in its entirety which is factually taking my comment out of context. That is the extreme you need to go to in order to be correct, but ok false pretenses.

Now you are accusing me of lying? Interesting. Especially coming from someone who has said they weren't going to reply to me multiple times now.

I'm also not ignoring anything. I am taking the relevant comment you made and comparing it the relevant comment I made. That's how debate works.

In any case: you should really just forget the comment I made to you as it was made purely out of jest to mirror your own comment. It was not even meant to be taken seriously...nor was it suppose to make any sense. That was the point all along.

I said it once, but that’s ok. Find a second time for me as I might be wrong about that.

And yes, suggesting you kept the context of my statement or the context is not important as you did is lying about what I said. Plain and simple but such extremes is what is required for your argument t have a chance to be correct. You are just challenged with the truth.

No the plain and simple truth is I merely redirected your own comment back at you. And just look at what it has wrought. That should probably give you some food for thought. ^^

And you said you weren't going to reply to my comments twice. You just went back and deleted your edit that you added to one of your previous posts to make it seem like you only said it once.

All you did was demonstrate how fake news is created. Edit out part of a statement to spin a false meaning and continue to sell false narrative as though it is the truth..

If you say so....

At least I'm not going back and deleting edits and then pretending I never made them.

I never said I did not say it twice You really need to stop putting words into my mouth. Oh, go edit that comment so you can take it out of context. Again, that would be the only way you would be right. Then again, context is not important to fake news.

You said you only said it once - then invited me to go try and find where you said it twice after you went back and deleted where you said it twice...

I'm not putting anything in your mouth. I'm not taking anything out of context either.

Again, you really need to go back and read the post you are referring to because your memory of that post is incorrect of you are purposely leaving out critical words which would be required for your comment here to be the truth.

Yeah. Ok...

I know. That would be difficult to actually keep comments in context. Easier to edit out part of it and change it's meaning to fit your agenda.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you say so....

Yeah. Ok...

I know. That would be difficult to actually keep comments in context. Easier to edit out part of it and change it's meaning to fit your agenda.

You are the one who literally went back and deleted part of your previous post so you could then claim you only said something once - and then challenged me to go find where you said it twice knowing full well you had deleted it. So don't lecture me about changing things to fit an agenda.
    Edited by Jeremy on July 2, 2019 5:28AM
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jsus.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't tjink people need incentive to play heal or tank.
    It's a choice that all. We're not so many but that the case for all game I've played.

As healer it's still easy to solo quest, world boss or public DG.
    As Tank is harder, but since PvP and PvE use the same skills and value, it's hard to buff them..
    I agree that Tank are not the most friendly one for solo content.

In other Side Tank are strong in PvP and healer is boring since all the heal and shield nerf.
    Edited by Aznarb on July 2, 2019 5:31PM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is kinda fun to pug as tank on a dd, just add inner fire:
    https://www.esologs.com/reports/b4rFWCVZwchT1RHA#fight=last

It works in most vets really. Just think of it as soloing with some occasional backup. And if you lose taunt for a while and the boss turns around and oneshots someone, well, it doesn't really matter.

Hmm esologs seems to think I was a dd. I don't know why, I definitely queued as tank... oh Anon 4 there had puncture on his bar, apparently that makes him more tank than me. He also had flurry, wrecking blow and snipe on the same bar... I'll be charitable and assume he's levelling skills. And HOLY *** ICE FURNACE! Am i reading this right, it's even golded? Only other guy I've ever seen using that set, this guy is going places.
    Edited by Cage_Lizardman on July 2, 2019 5:49PM