The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

TEXT IS STILL BORKED

Coatmagic
Coatmagic
✭✭✭✭✭
Sub-sampling is NOT working properly.
Being forced to choose between graphics or text is UNACCEPTABLE.
WTAF, ZoS?
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use windowed full screen instead of regular full screen. That worked for me.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't work for me.

I had a to fight for my fps as it was.

Now, unless I play in max resolution, I can't read the f^c%!ng text?

If I go below max resolution to get my fps back, I have to turn sub-sampling to Low to read text and the game looks like absolute $h!t.

This is unaccaptable, but I already know they don't care because I am not the only one having this issue and no one is bothering trying to help or even commenting on it.
  • Agaos
    Agaos
    Soul Shriven
    Coatmagic, you are not alone. Here is another thread regarding the same problem.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/482698/text-illegible-since-todays-patch-help-pics#latest

For myself, I am running ESO in Bootcamp on a Macbook Pro 2015. I usually keep around 30 FPS in open world. I cannot use windows fullscreen as it sets my FPS to around 5.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agaos wrote: »
    Coatmagic, you are not alone. Here is another thread regarding the same problem.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/482698/text-illegible-since-todays-patch-help-pics#latest

For myself, I am running ESO in Bootcamp on a Macbook Pro 2015. I usually keep around 30 FPS in open world. I cannot use windows fullscreen as it sets my FPS to around 5.

Yes, I know, have posted there as well as in PC tech support.
    No one is responding...
    the only thing I can think of is that some idjit decided they could 'fix' the Elsweyr furniture problem by forcing everyone into max resolution. LOL
    Shouldn't laugh. I am not amused. Also don't like it that my characters are all stretched out.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very very unhappy with this. I have to run in 4k because 1920 x 1080 with high subsampling is broken. On ZOS-side. Not mine. That BG I wanted to run smooth? NOPE. That dungeon I wanna run? NOPE. The busy city I gotta go to do stuff? HAHA NOPE. 4k runs like 20 fps for me.....I hate it....I haven't subbed since February, and this gives me one more reason to keep not subbing.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that Billie in tech basically told us to turn down our sub-sampling so we can read our text pretty much says it all about how much this company cares about it's customers.

Here's some Spell Gell, go sit on a crown crate...

when you can tell me the temperature of the floor, let me know, k?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As posted in the thread below, a fix for this issue is being tested and will be published in a future patch. Since there is already an ongoing thread we will be closing this one.

Text Illegible since todays patch HELP (pics)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.