Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 200 when trying to log on..

• RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P
    A
    T
    H
    E
    T
    I
    C
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No offense, ZOS, but you really need to work on such matters. It is 5 years and you still cannot push patch properly...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nvKN_H4e-I
  • Mwha
    Mwha
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,

Some informations about ETA ? In some minutes, hours ?

Thanks,
  • Travestynox
    Travestynox
    ✭✭✭
    ETA Fix?
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    9f3ntxwbbtc2.png
  • Aurian
    Aurian
    Soul Shriven
    Was happily playing after the maintenance. Now cannot login - also receiving 'Error 201' - PC EU megaserver.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JesC Here you go. If you want people to, 'stay on topic of the thread' you should try to address the serious issues. Since you were having issues finding threads with the serious topic they were discussing in the other thread - I will not bring up the thread as that would not be 'on topic' to this thread and hence get censored out, here's one. I suggest that if you know nothing, ping one of the people who does or the CM who should know something as that's their job.

Anything would be good right about now. An ETA would be nice - fix of course would be best but I'll refrain from asking for miracles, but even a 'we continue to investigate as we have yet to locate the issue, we apologize for the inconvenience' would at least be communication instead of the utter radio silence we're currently facing.
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    This is so, so, so, so frustrating. I give up for tonight.
  • rstas
    rstas
    ✭✭
    1st step, say sorry to customers, for yours incompetence
    2nd step update every 30min on situation till fixed
    3rd step change pr/comunication manager

Edited by rstas on July 1, 2019 8:31PM
    Clodth, Stamina Dragon Knight, Werewolf
  • csumpakabra
    csumpakabra
    Soul Shriven
    I was trying to spam click login, thinking maybe it's working like dungeon finder... It did not work out. Any ETA for the fix?
    3b3yx4l9vcsm.jpg
  • kristof_michielsb16_ESO
    nw75oz3mjgar.jpg

TLS problem. Server is online but return traffic cannot be decrypted by ESO client.
    nw75oz3mjgar.jpg

TLS problem. Server is online but return traffic cannot be decrypted by ESO client.

By the by, did you guys renew your certificates in time? :D
  • Mwha
    Mwha
    Soul Shriven
    nw75oz3mjgar.jpg

Hum ... not agree ;)

In your capture you show the US login server IP. But problem is with EU login server (for both login and announce). US server work well.
    $ curl -v https://live-eu-services.elderscrollsonline.com/
    *   Trying 159.100.230.9...

$ curl -v https://live-services.elderscrollsonline.com/
    *   Trying 198.20.198.110...

In my case, my client sent data but get TCP reset. Need to wait until they find the problem ...
  • baggio27
    baggio27
    ✭✭
    nw75oz3mjgar.jpg

By the by, did you guys renew your certificates in time? :D

That's very creative way to use Wireshark, good sir. Keep up good work! (and teach ZOS about that tool)
  • helena21
    helena21
    Still nothing ...
  • KittyGotSpells
    KittyGotSpells
    ✭✭✭
    nw75oz3mjgar.jpg

Surely if it was a TLS problem, the server would still respond to a ICMP ping? It would also not explain why some people who patched the client, managed to login. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE any chance of an update here? coz if we are left to diagnose what's wrong with your EU Server ourselves, this forum post will fill up fast! xD
  • BraveBaldrick
    I was soooo looking forward to seeing what "superb" rewards are in-store for this month … :p

Now i'm already going to lose out on one as ESO can't get their act together and get ruddy patches working and getting Error 201…. :'(
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    As posted above, We are investigating login issues happening on the PC-EU megaservers.

Always the same, EU players can't log in due to some problem somewhere (usually right after a maintenance), ZOS eventually announces they're "investigating" and a few hours later ZOS announces emergency maintenance to "fix" whatever the problem is. Meanwhile thousands of EU players still cannot log in and eventually miss out on a daily log in reward and ZOS says, "You should have logged in on the day to claim the reward, not our problem you failed to log in".

But hey, it's all about the players isn't it because we're what makes your games!

Well I guess I'll just go play something else and check back on ESO in an hour or so.
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • Kront
    Kront
    Soul Shriven
    Ошибка 201 . не работает игра .
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can it be that this problem doesn't affect all the players on the EU server ? If it's just "some players" it kinda sounds like the problem is on the user side, I'm confused.
    Edited by Saltisol on July 1, 2019 9:04PM
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    More 201
  • Mooncat_1992
    Mooncat_1992
    ✭✭✭
    Just adding to the list ...

Came home from a long day at work, dinner, shower, etc ... finally behind my computer, dld patch for ESO .... aaaaand got a nice message popping up in my screen saying hello :(

Will go to bed now, I don't have the energy to wait for a fix, nor to get angry.
    I just hope you guys @ZOS_GinaBruno (and collegues) can fix this. It's damn annoying ... Prime time here in EU !!!

Also sad because I have to miss out on a daily login reward ... Hope we get a little extra for the downtime

zrzspvwycbxm.jpg
    Mooncat_1992 - EU server - PC

Characters:
    Zino-jo (MAIN - Khajiit NB & Crafter/furnisher)

Guilds:
    Clan Claws - Aetherius Art - De Stamtafel - Dragonia - Imperial Trading Company
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    Saltisol wrote: »
    How can it be that this problem doesn't affect all the players on the EU server ? If it's just "some players" it kinda sounds like the problem is on the user side, I'm confused.

Usual Bethesda/ZOS excuse... "Not our fault" schtick.

Some of us are actual paying customers as well, probably quite a few of us.
    Mwha wrote: »
    nw75oz3mjgar.jpg

Hum ... not agree ;)

In your capture you show the US login server IP. But problem is with EU login server (for both login and announce). US server work well.
    $ curl -v https://live-eu-services.elderscrollsonline.com/
    *   Trying 159.100.230.9...

$ curl -v https://live-services.elderscrollsonline.com/
    *   Trying 198.20.198.110...

In my case, my client sent data but get TCP reset. Need to wait until they find the problem ...

You are correct sir! :wink:
  • Sprotch_16_ESO
    Sprotch_16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same here.

PC/EU Error 201
  • Mooncat_1992
    Mooncat_1992
    ✭✭✭
    Grizzly_UK wrote: »
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    As posted above, We are investigating login issues happening on the PC-EU megaservers.

Always the same, EU players can't log in due to some problem somewhere (usually right after a maintenance), ZOS eventually announces they're "investigating" and a few hours later ZOS announces emergency maintenance to "fix" whatever the problem is. Meanwhile thousands of EU players still cannot log in and eventually miss out on a daily log in reward and ZOS says, "You should have logged in on the day to claim the reward, not our problem you failed to log in".

But hey, it's all about the players isn't it because we're what makes your games!

Well I guess I'll just go play something else and check back on ESO in an hour or so.

"login during the day" :D well that's really funny ... quite a lot of the ESO players in EU go to work during the day, and half of the day is taken by the maintance ... sooo yeah let's login during the day :D
    Mooncat_1992 - EU server - PC

Characters:
    Zino-jo (MAIN - Khajiit NB & Crafter/furnisher)

Guilds:
    Clan Claws - Aetherius Art - De Stamtafel - Dragonia - Imperial Trading Company
  • axess2016
    axess2016
    Same here. Error 201! Ugh!

Oh well, I'll play with my NA characters then!
  • agen.fi
    agen.fi
    ✭✭✭
    All to login in NA servers and see how it handles population...
  • Drachdhar
    Drachdhar
    ✭✭✭
    Just adding to the list ...

Came home from a long day at work, dinner, shower, etc ... finally behind my computer, dld patch for ESO .... aaaaand got a nice message popping up in my screen saying hello :(

Will go to bed now, I don't have the energy to wait for a fix, nor to get angry.
    I just hope you guys @ZOS_GinaBruno (and collegues) can fix this. It's damn annoying ... Prime time here in EU !!!

Also sad because I have to miss out on a daily login reward ... Hope we get a little extra for the downtime

zrzspvwycbxm.jpg

Yeh... They could give us a few thousand Crowns... as a bandaid for repeatedly having extended maintenance at prime time.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    An update on the current PC-EU login issues has been posted here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post