Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

tank choice...Necro or NB?

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Simple question, for all around pve guild runs/trials (no speed stuffs) which would you all make? I know Necro has a pretty strong tank line but word is NB's got some love and are doing pretty good as well?
I have Necro in stam and mag so maybe a tad burned out on the class but if it truly is a "better" tank...well....maybe. Cheers! ;)
Edited by Joxer61 on June 30, 2019 4:15PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    play nb if you want to. i have seen good tanks as every class.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB def got some love and now is a decent tank choice, necro is solid as well though messing with the corpse mechanic on something already as micro intensive as tanking could prove to be a pain.

as long as your not going try heard sweats end game everything can tank, so play the one you want.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragon Knight probably has the best tanking tool set. But I have seen plenty of NB tanks and Necro has a good toolkit minus damage shields.

DK and Wardens tend to be seen as the better tanking classes for end game stuff.
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a things i'Ve seen two days ago. Good to see my friend with tank from many classes, well his favorites are Warden, Necro and DK, but i was amazed to see his Tank 2 days ago in vMA, standing there still, pulling itself alone all mobs to him, specialy on Stage 2, standing right in the middle of the moving blades, with 25 bleeding DoT stacked, all 3 bosses robots stacked to togehter and seing his life merely droping a hair. Was hilarious, though the build eh made relies on dmg, so when he moves and deosn't get much damage he can get in trouble, but still i was surprised. But again, each clases has their speciaty and situations, some mroe serious, some a bit more dps, some for dungeons, some more for trials, some better for longer fight, some better for fast pace fights... if only i was good at tanking, seems on my side is a healer from many classes and dps :)
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insandros wrote: »
    Just a things i'Ve seen two days ago. Good to see my friend with tank from many classes, well his favorites are Warden, Necro and DK, but i was amazed to see his Tank 2 days ago in vMA, standing there still, pulling itself alone all mobs to him, specialy on Stage 2, standing right in the middle of the moving blades, with 25 bleeding DoT stacked, all 3 bosses robots stacked to togehter and seing his life merely droping a hair. Was hilarious, though the build eh made relies on dmg, so when he moves and deosn't get much damage he can get in trouble, but still i was surprised. But again, each clases has their speciaty and situations, some mroe serious, some a bit more dps, some for dungeons, some more for trials, some better for longer fight, some better for fast pace fights... if only i was good at tanking, seems on my side is a healer from many classes and dps :)

was it a NB and can he share his build? ;)