Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5 Years, and Nightblade STILL gets Penalized for Sneak Speed

• satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    The description is super easy to understand. There is no claim about NBS being fast in stealth. Holy mother of Jesus.

Next, It doesnt even make any sense. How fast are you when you are sneaking? I know we have flame spitting characters but cmon.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How does NB get penalized, exactly?
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB does have speed boost options. You can get expedition from a couple sources. And one morph of a skill takes away sneak penalty in stealth.

Just because you want everything doesn't mean it should be that way.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wear Night's Silence or be a Vampire.
    Slot Concealed Weapon (NB only skill).
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone else has to choose between power and mobility. You want speed? Sac a 5piece for it or give up a skill slot or become a vampire or use swift trait or steed stone.

You can have the speedy sneak you’re looking for, you just need to make sacrifices to your build to make it happen.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone else has to choose between power and mobility. You want speed? Sac a 5piece for it or give up a skill slot or become a vampire or use swift trait or steed stone.

You can have the speedy sneak you’re looking for, you just need to make sacrifices to your build to make it happen.

It makes sense to make sacrifices on my other classes if I want sneak speed. But on a Nightblade, that's poor design.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't ask for NB buffs or you'll attract all the people who have never played the NB class in their lives and they'll start telling you how OP the class is even though they would get clapped if they decided to play the class themselves :)
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    I wouldn't ask for NB buffs or you'll attract all the people who have never played the NB class in their lives and they'll start telling you how OP the class is even though they would get clapped if they decided to play the class themselves :)

I play all 6 classes because it's fun and adds flavor. It annoys me when players look at classes with an us vs. them mentality.

The overall design of the Nightblade class encourages me to make it the class that I prefer to sneak on. But it's stupid that it gets the same sneak penalty that all of my other classes have.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a Great idea, i hope we do get faster sneak speeds, it will help.
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    My lead Nightblade operates with the Night's Silence set and thus suffers with no move penalties.

I know that this reduces the set options, but I find it is pretty usesful nonethe less.
    I will admit this is in PvE.
    Malborn
    PC-EU
  • Xarko
    Xarko
    ✭✭✭
    Improved sneak speed should either go to the base skill (Veiled Strike) and be kept for both stamina and magicka morphs or just be added to Shadow passive skills. Add it to Dark Veil perhaps.

It never made much sense to keep this away from stamina builds.
    Edited by Xarko on July 1, 2019 10:39AM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think OP failed to see that stealth and speed in nightblade discrition are not put together but saperated by a comma and a diffirent word.

Nightblade is best class in stealth as they have cloak and they get passive crit dmg for being in stealth, and they have major expedtion in 1 or 2 skills in they toolkit, so I don't see how that is a problem. If you fail to see that, then it's on you.

Class discription does not specify how fast they can go into stealth, or how fast they move in stealth.

Like all classes, they move the same speed in cloak as every other class, but, while in stealth they gain 10 more crit dmg than any other class(you don't have to waste a whole race, or set to get that bonus). Also, if they get spotted, they can immediatly claok and go back in sleath, no other class can do that without potions. They also have 25% movement speed while in claok if they want to, as well as major expedition.

How is that a bad nightblade? If you want to play stealthy as RP or pvp effectively, your only option in the game is to be a nightblade.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think OP failed to see that stealth and speed in nightblade discrition are not put together but saperated by a comma and a diffirent word.

Nightblade is best class in stealth as they have cloak and they get passive crit dmg for being in stealth, and they have major expedtion in 1 or 2 skills in they toolkit, so I don't see how that is a problem. If you fail to see that, then it's on you.

Class discription does not specify how fast they can go into stealth, or how fast they move in stealth.

Like all classes, they move the same speed in cloak as every other class, but, while in stealth they gain 10 more crit dmg than any other class(you don't have to waste a whole race, or set to get that bonus). Also, if they get spotted, they can immediatly claok and go back in sleath, no other class can do that without potions. They also have 25% movement speed while in claok if they want to, as well as major expedition.

How is that a bad nightblade? If you want to play stealthy as RP or pvp effectively, your only option in the game is to be a nightblade.

This right here.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    In lore Nightblades are thieves that use magicka for invisibility, stealth etc.