The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grand Psijic Villa Letdown

Dreamyblues
Dreamyblues
Soul Shriven
Imagine my surprise when I log in to look at the crown store only to see the Grand Psijic Villa that many of us "earned" last year. Not only is there an option to purchase with crowns, it also can be bought furnished! Yet, there are no options for those of us who had previously gotten it for free to pay the difference for the furnishings or even to buy it furnished since we already "own" it. I'm feeling a bit regretful for doing those dailies and such that I HATE just to be rewarded with something less than. I would have loved to have the option of getting it furnished in some way, shape, or form.
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wat
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever heard of that well-know phrase concerning gift horses and mouths?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complaining about not spending $150. People are very odd indeed.

If you contact customer support and ask them very nicely, they might remove the free house from your account and let you buy the furnished one. It's worth a shot if that's what you want.
  • Synnastix
    Synnastix
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can spend 15k crowns on furnishings if it makes you happy
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats what your let down by?

Im for insulted that they price a home people got for free simply by being luckly to be there at the time for that much, it should have come back a free event during the aniversary.
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it is not a troll post ( I hope it is),then the main problem is placing the furnishes? I mean for 15k crown you will get much more furnishes, and if you sell those crowns for gold (in EU easy fast sell for 300/c = 4,5 million on average a purple Alinor Furnish is about 8-9k on market so you can buy easely 500 purple furnish that way).
  • Dreamyblues
    Dreamyblues
    Soul Shriven
    I have a sub that renews. I get crowns. I also buy crowns when they are on sale sometimes. This is not a troll post in any way shape or form. I just wish there were options to get the furnishings for those of us that have the house already. I have other homes that I did buy furnished because that is what I prefer to do. I've been playing the game since release so I have many crown store items already so I don't mind saving for the more expensive things as they come up.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I somewhat agree with this. I love the Grand Psijic Villa but have no patience for decorating houses. I guess we could gift someone a Crown Store item and instead of them paying us gold for Crowns, they could furnish our Grand Psijic Villa. :-)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    Thats what your let down by?

Im for insulted that they price a home people got for free simply by being luckly to be there at the time for that much, it should have come back a free event during the aniversary.

The Summerfall Event wasn't an event like the anniversary events we have. It was just - buy Summerset by x date and then take one of your characters to each of the striking locales in Summerset for the associated achievement. Players were offering free ports and tours to all the locales. It was a great community event, but one that was designed to promote Summerset and sell the chapter.

No dailies or whatever were required - just get the achievement for visiting all the striking locales. I cannot see this as an event they would even be able to repeat. Well...they'd just raise the bar on the number of players needed to unlock the rewards, with all of us who did it last year already counting. So, just new players would be participating. Not really a community-building event. Not to mention that it was designed to promote sales of Summerset - it's a DLC now, so no reason to hold the event again.

I get that players want the house/mount/pet and it's really a bummer that they can't get them for free now. I really think the house should have been, say, 5k crowns and not 15k crowns (though I have no doubt that is the price it would have sold for if it had just been put on sale and not given away during that event).

I do think it would have been nice for ZOS to offer a furnishing pack that contained all the furnishings from the furnished version, for 4-5k crowns. But, as others have mentioned, the OP can get more furnishings for 15K+ than buying the furnished home for 15k+.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 1, 2019 5:39PM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone just gift this person some furnishings and someone place them for them. Problem solved.