Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

45 motives to Zenimax let us have Tel Galen again!!!!!!!!!

Downtown
Downtown
✭✭
Hello guys, I'm really anxious, cause I see an opportunity.
Since the Grand Psijic Villa is available again, I hope that Tel Galen will be available too and with more luck Divayth Fyr costume too.
To make my appeal more special I will say 45 motives so Zenimax can listen to my appeal and give us the opportunity to purchase Tel Galen once again!
So here it is, 45 motives to be a Telvanni Mage in Tel Galen.
  1. To be a Telvanni Dunner living in the most awesome mushroom house ever made!
  2. Live in a mushroom and make it look normal.
  3. Live longer than other dunner and races to enjoy your awesome home.
  4. Magic flowing around your home.
  5. Use of magic without caring with results and forcing adventurers to clean up the mess and staying at your home waiting.
  6. Being a rude wizard and looking cool anyways cause your tower is the best ever.
  7. Use of apprentices to obscure magic without knowing the results and making it look reasonable, cause they live in your awesome home.
  8. Use of stylish clothes to match with the furnish of your tower.
  9. Have people doing things for you just so you are the center of attention, you have a tower, they don't.
  10. Deadric Magic inside home is allowed.
  11. Glowing mushrooms.
  12. Having an island as home.
  13. Growing a huge mushroom as home.
  14. Power to look for more knowledge and study it at my mushroom tower.
  15. Being a really good master of the arcane, cause your tower have all you need for it.
  16. If not you just teleport and go back to your awesome tower.
  17. Saving people without really intending to save them, and inviting them to drink tea at your tower to check if they have contracted anomalies.
  18. Talking with Soltha Sil like a friend and inviting him to your tower.
  19. To be a Powerful Wizard living in the most awesome mushroom house ever made.
  20. Alchemy knowledge at my lab on my beloved Tel Galen.
  21. Drink tea with Neloth at my living room in Tel Galen.
  22. Caring very little about possible catastrophic spell results but making sure Tel Galen is intact.
  23. Dark Magic inside home is allowed.
  24. Trying to clone yourself or others like Divayth Fyr in your secret lab inside Tel Galen.
  25. Being away of the mundane problems to just acquire more power and then come back home for a nice rest.
  26. Don't have mold allergies... Be sure of it!
  27. Make sure to find people to work for you at Tel Galen.
  28. Cleaning is hard work, find a Maid for it *wink, put aside a book*
  29. Do not care with neighbors, you have a small island.
  30. Look for all the awesome flora to make it look pristine!
  31. Make your home a wizard dream.
  32. I didn't imagined that would be so hard to come up with motives to make Zenimax give me the Tel Galen.
  33. Todd help me!
  34. I wanted to be a telvanni wizard living in a huge mushroom since 2002.
  35. Joining house Halal in my first play thru was a mistake... Cause I wanted for real a mushroom tower as home. (No hard feeling Halal lovers, "make a halal hand signature".)
  36. So I and others can stop looking for mods in sky rim to make this dream reality.
  37. I will buy it furnished so it will be worth Zenimax effort *wink*.
  38. Being a Telvanni Wizard living in the most awesome mushroom house ever made and making sure to show my home too everyone in forums and how happy I will be thanking Zenimax for it!
  39. The Ideas are running low... So I will have a shrine to Zenimax/ Bethesda at my Tel Galen.
  40. I will represent the Telvanni at housing furnish events. (That one I dont believe that much)
  41. I love the dunmeri culture and all lovers want it too.
  42. It torn me apart when I remember I dont have Fyr costume and Tel Galen.
  43. Being any race whatsoever being any class whatsoever just be someone that like mushroom houses.
  44. Having the best house for a Telvanni dunner and knowing that you will represent it!
  45. Give me my keys, so I can live in it!

ef9cx8d4jxw6.png
Edited by Downtown on June 27, 2019 6:52PM
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's Tel Galen but i cant argue with any of the above reasons,hope Zos makes it available again :)
    bought it the moment it became available 2 years ago-best buy ever -its my base even i own many houses, Tel Galen is unique
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Downtown
    Downtown
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the support. I already edited. I was in a hurry to post :D
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen just came back up for sale in February, so your chances of seeing it again before Black Friday are very slim, unfortunately.

I missed the sale as well, but I put in a ticket politely requesting the chance to buy it again, and a GM was able to hook me up, though only with an unfurnished version. I was fine with that, though, and I've spent the last few weeks making it beautiful. I definitely recommend putting a (VERY polite and kind) ticket in and trying your luck, but again, ONLY if you're fine with an unfurnished version.

Tel Galen is easily my favorite house of all, though. It's not too big and not to small, with some stellar views, some great land to build on, even a dock! I also love that the rooms in the tower are actual rooms with doors you have to pass through, unlike the open floor plan of most houses.

If anyone of you guys are on PS4 and want to see what I've done with my Tel tower, hit me up! PSN: Alarialas

OP, good luck with your tower hunt!!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    May I suggest you build ON the house not IN the house. (also, it'll likely be available for black friday)
    snc3pdfzw8tc.png
    lr2rqo6vl5xj.png
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Downtown
    Downtown
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the support guys!
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen is nice enough... but I'll never buy it. The tower has startlingly limited space inside, and NO BALCONY! That was one of the best things about my Mushroom in Morrowind (Tel Uvirith) was that I could wander my balcony and admire the view. Tel Galen would have a fantastic view, but there's no balcony to admire it from.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried doing an exterior access balcony on Tell Galen before, it's totally doable (and NOT with those hideous murkmire or plank walkways, with mushrooms and trees and such)
    But I estimated it would take at least 50 item slots, which I simply didn't have spare.

But yeah, the fleshy color of the tower and lack of balcony are big downsides, yet it's been my primary residence and favorite house since it came out.
  • Downtown
    Downtown
    ✭✭
    Speaking about building outside, my wife found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBSI28hZjlo

Alot of effort XD
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about two new vision of Tel Galen's in a different location of Morrowind with a bigger like to it.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    I've tried doing an exterior access balcony on Tell Galen before, it's totally doable (and NOT with those hideous murkmire or plank walkways, with mushrooms and trees and such).

Wow, thanks for the shade.

PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually think the inside of the house can be made to look just as nice as the outside! I may be an Argonian, but I find it to be quite cozy.
    j107qdemyldq.png
    45wfzh6gk4yh.png
    fdkpitkxu5z3.png
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on June 28, 2019 7:18PM
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they do release it again for those who want it. I’d want it if it didn’t have that weird fleshy look to it. It reminds me of the Blight growths in Dragon Age: Origins :#
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There aren’t stairways in Tel Galen, are there? I want a genuine Telvanni wizard tower with rooms accessible by levitate magic only! Speaking of which, I need to start a thread requesting non-combat RP/flavor magic such as levitation! It could be PvP only to not worry about balance or accessible to all via the Mages’ Guild!
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    There aren’t stairways in Tel Galen, are there? I want a genuine Telvanni wizard tower with rooms accessible by levitate magic only! Speaking of which, I need to start a thread requesting non-combat RP/flavor magic such as levitation! It could be PvP only to not worry about balance or accessible to all via the Mages’ Guild!

No, there aren't stairs, but you can def build a ramp to the very top of the Tower, it has a huge invisible ceiling for building. I made an Observatory up there, and the views are absolutely out of this world.

Sunset over Red Mountain and Sadrith Mora
    2k15y8e0ygd0.jpg
    Edited by chuck-18_ESO on July 23, 2019 1:44PM

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As others have said, it's already been re-released once, during this year's Morrowind Anniversary. It wasn't part of last year's Black Fredas sale, but it could be this year - if they put houses up for sale again.

I bought Tel Galen the first time it came out and have been very happy with it, though I still haven't quite got it decorated to my liking. The price point was pretty good - 10k furnished - and while it's smaller than other notables, it's still a notable, so it has 700 slots with ESO plus.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Downtown wrote: »
    [*]To be a Telvanni Dunner living in the most awesome mushroom house ever made!

Did not read beyond this.

It's one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. It looks like giant tumorous ***.

Both the Morrowind single player and Skyrim mushrooms are vastly superior in appearance.

In the absence of anything better I bought it and have managed to make the interior look great but ignore outside completely.

Meanwhile that got me thinking about returning to playing Skyrim and modding myself a proper mushroom tower. I've checked that out and it's even easier to do than I had imagined.

There goes ESO's single advantage over Skyrim....
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Downtown wrote: »
    [*]To be a Telvanni Dunner living in the most awesome mushroom house ever made!

Did not read beyond this.

It's one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. It looks like giant tumorous ***.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think it looks awesome! It's not supposed to be beautiful; the Telvanni aren't looking to host people for tea, they're looking to be left the heck alone. Besides, add a couple of giant mushrooms to the outside for texture and the Tower looks amazing!

Besides, if you're only using the inside, you're really wasting Tel Galen's greatest feature, which is the insanely high invisible ceiling.

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Rubbish.
    It's not supposed to be beautiful; the Telvanni aren't looking to host people for tea, they're looking to be left the heck alone.

And then there's reality.

Like the other cultured Dunmer - i.e. exluding the likes of the Ashlander tribes - the Telvanni are super into style.

Everything else about them - both in ESO and the single player games - is sexy as hell.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/telvanni-wizard-lord-robe/

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/miscellaneous/sets/styles/telvanni-styles/

Except their mushroom towers in ESO. They are a bizarre aberration.

They sure as *** don't need to make ugly arse towers to be left alone, if that's what they want.

They have a horde of slaves, their own army and mastery of dire magics.
    Besides, if you're only using the inside, you're really wasting Tel Galen's greatest feature, which is the insanely high invisible ceiling.

Wrong again. Or only right if you don't care at all about immersion.

The house is absolutely the worst for that.

Most house exteriors are hidden by walls. You can safely decorate outside without ever interfering with immersion because it will be never visible from outside.

Not only is the tower highly visible but they built the entrance up a hill. You can't even change the lanterns or braziers outside without kicking immersion in the nads.

And it doesn't stop there.

Some bright spark said, hey, lets cut holes in the walls so you can see nearly all of the garden from outside.

There's almost nothing you can change in Tel Galen's exterior which isn't visible from outside.
    Edited by Nerouyn on July 28, 2019 4:53AM
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rubbish.

Stopped reading after that. Felt far more like the into to a diatribe than a discussion.

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopped reading after that. Felt far more like the into to a diatribe than a discussion.

I want to use the R word again.

Maybe you did read it and knowing that everything I said was true, decided to go with that line instead.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer if they made a Dunmer Stronghold house. I was disappointed with how they made Telvanni tower's look in ESO. Too much of stone parts, I prefered the wooden look of the towers in TESIII instead of this pink mushroom stuff.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would love to see this return, however would prefer the Grand Linchel Manor
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Rubbish.

No, to a certain extent, that is true.

Hence the famous quote.

There are things most people can agree on, but you will almost never get a complete consensus.

Like the other cultured Dunmer - i.e. exluding the likes of the Ashlander tribes - the Telvanni are super into style.

Everything else about them - both in ESO and the single player games - is sexy as hell.

If we're doing honest, I don't get sexy from Dunmer anything, in ESO (can't speak for the other games).

I do get bilious-looking, conjunctivitous-infected, overly long-limbed and gangly (like Theresa May) and slave drivery, though.

Their furniture is pleasantly organic looking, to me; not sexy.

The only thing sexy about them is their dancing (unlike Theresa May).

Of course, this is all just my subjective opinion. :smile:
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 29, 2019 5:13PM
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen is one of the best houses in the game, imo

a35d6095c55a6f754c5e3c5d91efb9f2.jpg

17880cfb201ddde13fb9eb53b2fb3f02.jpg

50a7488982a3c88e3e08e17de19d781c.jpg

fd953fa2d577198c27074899610c3634.jpg

2534768eb79d93fd075b2d8131c74c31.jpg

004e129598e1d9ee3453800c605a12db.jpg

41d75ee56b144e8399abb5a7eda87825.jpg

A perfect home for any wizard (mostly Telvanni wizards)
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Megatto wrote: »
    Tel Galen is one of the best houses in the game, imo

Beautiful use of colour.

• sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the inside and the water front but I have to agree with @Nerouyn the outside looks like a flesh atronach. It's vulgar and hideous. Telvanni is my favorite style but ugh.... Why?!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.