Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Buildable modular homes

Strike_Maximus
Strike_Maximus
✭✭✭
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of this (or posted about this for that matter) but It would be really cool to be able to purchase (or earn) a plot of land or an empty gutted out home (maybe even make a small quest out of it, make it a reward maybe?) and be able to pick and choose the buildings on it and maybe even the racial style. These add-on buildings or rooms could cost mats and gold to make and there would be a few options to pick from as far as room layouts and racial style. These buildable or modular homes don't have to be very big or complex but it would be a nice option and make someone feel more involved in the home decoration process. We all love our homes and spend a lot of time making them perfect, why not have buildable modular ones?
PC/NA/DC

CP 810
Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • Poms
    Poms
    ✭✭✭
    OMG

i love this idea! :D

It would be great to see this added for future updates of the game....
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed.
    I like to build my own homes and to give the housing team credit where it is due, the range of structural items has improved hugely in the last year. But I appreciate that not everyone wants to custom build a home from scratch. Modular homes, as you described, would allow people a degree of customization without having to do a complete construction.
    ** but most significantly, it could potentially alleviate demand on items counts if we didn't have to build certain structures from scratch**
    great idea OP
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this is partially what a lot of us wanted housing to be in this game. Something that we could create and style ourselves and take our time with and be made into a game itsself, rather than the pre-built microtransaction system we currently have.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    I think this is partially what a lot of us wanted housing to be in this game. Something that we could create and style ourselves and take our time with and be made into a game itsself, rather than the pre-built microtransaction system we currently have.

I personally don't have a problem with the current housing, it would just be nice to have a little variety but I do understand where you're coming from. I believe flexibility and options would be good for everyone's experience.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea.

Hallway, stairway (with landing), small room, medium room and large room, all in the same racial style and which all fit together neatly, with (in most cases) doorways separating them.

All have an appropriately sized roof you can fit onto them, assuming they are to be used on the top floor.

Otherwise, they come with a ceiling and the floorboards of the room above, as standard.

All of them one slot each.