Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Get rid of Inevitable Detonation's cast time

Neoauspex
Neoauspex
✭✭✭✭✭
Skill hits like a noodle even when it hits an entire server. Doesn't need a cast time. Hopefully the combat team reviews guild/alliance war skill lines when they do the pass on weapon skills.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Skill hits like a noodle even when it hits an entire server. Doesn't need a cast time. Hopefully the combat team reviews guild/alliance war skill lines when they do the pass on weapon skills.

I support this. Its cast time belongs to a game that no longer exists (1.6)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Neoauspex wrote: »

I support this. Its cast time belongs to a game that no longer exists (1.6)

somehow this skill lost in the audit they performed too lol.
    should be 1.1 cast time and dmg buff to compensate for the major evasion changes.

Same for prox det; buff its dmg too ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would definitely make it more viable. But they would have to tone down the damage if they did. Or make it only apply to one target at a time similar to Crippling Grasp, or else it would be far too powerful to drop this on 3 or 4 players in a group.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    It would definitely make it more viable. But they would have to tone down the damage if they did. Or make it only apply to one target at a time similar to Crippling Grasp, or else it would be far too powerful to drop this on 3 or 4 players in a group.

Tone it down? It was designed to kill zergs... it should do more dmg

Imho they could keep the cast time, but increasing its dmg a 20-30%
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have to be careful not to make a like a sorc curse range again. That way sorc could cast curse + det and have them explode at the same time again
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm fine with toning it way down single target but then making it scale why higher for zerg busting, since that is its intended purpose. But right now if 10 people cast this simultaneously on 10 different enemies in a ball group, nobody in that ball group would be harmed in any way other than to perhaps proc Earthgore/Troll King. I bet 5/10 casters would die during the cast time.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point was if it had no cast time, you could drop a bunch of these on multiple players and pretty much guarantee no counterplay with the skill and it would hit way to hard for 5 or 6 of these to go off consecutively. So if you remove the cast time it would need to either do less damage or have some other condition.

Now, yes, in keeping the cast time, I do think it could use more damage.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have to be careful not to make a like a sorc curse range again. That way sorc could cast curse + det and have them explode at the same time again

It's already toned down on single target and scales up on multiple.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point was if it had no cast time, you could drop a bunch of these on multiple players and pretty much guarantee no counterplay with the skill and it would hit way to hard for 5 or 6 of these to go off consecutively. So if you remove the cast time it would need to either do less damage or have some other condition.

Now, yes, in keeping the cast time, I do think it could use more damage.

But what does it matter to a ball group getting 3k vigor ticks if a 3k aoe goes off on one member at 1 second gcd intervals? It'd be better to cast a dot on each one. But ya at the very least it should scale way higher... it is currently not effective at it's intended mechanic, and it's a mechanic we need.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just about to mention this (for the last year LOL). This change is long overdue.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE