Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• sabina175
    sabina175
    ✭✭
    aaah ep (eu) has emp, had a few fun hours doing 2vx or xvx when other reds where nearby. I try to get a better feeling for my magsorc as I often play heal in bigger groups when in pvp 😊. some1 tried to do emp bashing which I always find annoying, and more so if some1 doing it whom u rarely see fight but mostly write in zone chat.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the under 50, taking resources is very important in weakening the keep so you can take it. Riding to anywhere is painful unless you make a few well placed crown store purchases.

It’s a mixed bag of players here. Some have their character setup right, to which you will have no chance against if you’re a normal under 50 wreck of hodge podge gears.

And WereWolf in under 50...just lay down. You ain’t got nothing for them.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow - was able to take one of my characters from level 11 to level 15 in one random battlegrounds match (had the 150% XP scroll active)...

looks like this will be the answer for leveling my two new necromancers...

they preformed okay, I still have a ways to go before figuring out their rotations...

I've been collecting some reward gear, and will probably open and use what i have when they reach 20...may even craft them some sets...

i don't know - unless it's a Deathmatch mode, good gear doesn't seem to really matter all that much...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    holy cow - was able to take one of my characters from level 11 to level 15 in one random battlegrounds match (had the 150% XP scroll active)...

looks like this will be the answer for leveling my two new necromancers...

they preformed okay, I still have a ways to go before figuring out their rotations...

I've been collecting some reward gear, and will probably open and use what i have when they reach 20...may even craft them some sets...

i don't know - unless it's a Deathmatch mode, good gear doesn't seem to really matter all that much...

Just run cancer proc sets or tanky sets plus a sustain set. That’s all you really have to do in bgs tbh

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still leveling up by doing those daily random battleground matches...

leveling has slowed down a bunch now that I'm at level 25 with both...

battlegrounds have been interesting though...my necros are only performing so so...I almost always have a positive kill/death ratio, but, still need to do a better job of figuring out my executes and how to better sustain by using my light and heavy attacks...

I'm starting to put together gear sets for them both, but, probably won't have them in (2) five piece sets til they hit level 30...

ny rotations and skill choices still need a lot of work...I haven't really figured out yet how to play them...

regardless of whatever build you might be playing, you still need to figure out your: buffs, debuffs, shields, heals, ranged and melee attacks, ults, execute(s) and sustain...

I'm still a ways away from knowing what I'm doing...

jumped on my NA red magdk who I have parked in imperial city doing quests there...was finally able to solo that one quest in the temple district: Defeat Molag Bal's Temple forces...

man, only took me a few years to finally be able to solo it...to be honest, being able to use wings to mitigate the cold fire blast from the titan made it fairly easy...

I'm not really that in to fighting NPCs normally, but, looking forward to trying that fight again on some other characters whom have yet to complete that particular quest...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 19, 2019 7:48PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Geon, I think I saw you over on EU tonight. Level 40 blue at Aleswell farm? Have been lurking on this thread and wondered if I'd see your name come up. It's been a good day so far, pretty equal between the alliances and plenty going on so hope you have a good spell.
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peacatcher wrote: »
    Hey Geon, I think I saw you over on EU tonight. Level 40 blue at Aleswell farm? Have been lurking on this thread and wondered if I'd see your name come up. It's been a good day so far, pretty equal between the alliances and plenty going on so hope you have a good spell.

right on peacatcher :)

yeah, I've been leveling my two necros by doing random battlegrounds, and, the main and mages/fighters guild quest...

as much fun as battlegrounds can be (chaosball kind of sucks though - a pain in the butt to pickup it up most of the time), just needed a break today...

will play a few different blues on the 30 day cp EU map (wish it was stilled called vivec/scourge/azura's star :))...

just hit 30 on my necros - looks like I won't have them in 2 full sets until they hit level 35...

starting to figure out my stam necro, still have a ways to go to work out my mag necro...
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    You've got further than me... My necros are level 3 and 10!
    Ps4 EU
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @geonsocal
    You got the same username in ps4 EU?
    I've been pvping the whole day today and i think i saw someone with a similar name.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    @geonsocal
    You got the same username in ps4 EU?
    I've been pvping the whole day today and i think i saw someone with a similar name.

I play blue on the "main" map in EU...being sub 50 with no cp puts me in a situation where it's a lot healthier for my toons to hang around other players...

I can still support my allies and zerg down enemies - the chances of me winning any 1v1's is pretty slim though...hmmmmmm, unless I run in to some cp 100 player - ironically, I could potentially have the better stats...

I've actually started thinking today I may let all 7 EU characters linger around level 45...they'll have most of their skill lines unlocked, decent gear and be in a pretty good competitive spot even with no cp in their build...

once I do hit level 50 though - it'll be a mad dash to cp160 so I can start gearing them up correctly, and using better potions/food or drinks...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 24, 2019 1:12AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was nice to pvp today without "grinding" for XP...

battlegrounds can definitly be fun, but, pugging is pugging, so, in order to get either first or second place and earn the daily XP reward - you have to get a bit lucky...

there are some games like deathmatch and domination where a single player can have a big impact on which team wins...

usually it's whichever team stays together, or, at least moves in pairs...

out in cyro today it was fun to roll around and engage in large alliance versus alliance melees...

was doing one keep capture today and actually had a chance to fight both AD and EP for us to finally get both flags...

was on my magsorc (cheat code for pvp success :) ) and magplar (even without cp, breath of life is an OP skill) earlier and had some fun...

probably give my stamdk or stam warden a try later...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 24, 2019 1:24AM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My low levels Necro suck pretty bad in PvP. No clue what I’m doing with them. Throw a skull, spam the scythe. It looks cool anyways. It’s completely random if I can get a second place or a win. Just takes a few goes at it before the game is nice enough to pair me up right.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ran all 5 of my EU DC toons through cyrodiil over the weekend, had a blast with them...

ran in to a really interesting AP low pop buff on sunday...I was getting almost 4k AP per resource and about 10k per keep...

it was funny, was at ash by myself defending against one cp810 player sieging the front door...

initially went outside to burn their siege equipment, wasn't on a nightblade so they caught and killed me...

was a bit aggravated and the front door was close to coming down, went inside the inner keep and up to the second floor to set up my cold fire ballista...took a few random shots over the front gate...

somehow ended up killing that player with a lucky shot - got a 24k d-tick for the defense...

reminded me of the good ol' days :)
    Edited by geonsocal on June 25, 2019 9:41PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noticed a new change in cyrodiil - you can no longer interact with some items (like doors, siege equipment, chests) when crouched and in stealth...

you have to stand and unstealth if you want to enter/exit a door...

wasn't too happy about that...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saw something pretty cool tonight...

wanted to play my blue stam dk on NA...it's been a while...more so then anything - I just wanted to fight with a werewolf...

I have 3 active right now, my stam dk, stamplar, and stam sorc...

had a blast wolfing out...when I got in cyrodiil red was pushing really hard...we had warden, but they took glademist than rayles...

it was funny - at one point was fighting outside of rayles rolling over lone players and small groups with about eight to ten allies in the area...

feeling pretty good, nothing like
    ganging up on some isolated players - suddenly I saw about 40 to 50 red player markers...

I have wings and corrosive armor - still not enough to prevent getting swallowed up by a sea of angry red ants (that's what the dragon looks like from an DC/AD perspective :) )...

even though there were maybe 20 to 30 blue in the area defending - still no chance to keep continually defending the scroll...

fight was going on for a while when red (badkid) picked up the alta ruma scroll...shortly thereafter dropped it...

blue picked it up and went inside a tower over by the siege practice area...

still, there were bunches of EP outside the tower fighting and porting in - it was like an old school tower farm...

we were able to keep respawning at the southern high rock transitus, so, we eventually thinned out and killed all the red...

definitely genius idea to bring the scroll inside the tower...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 26, 2019 3:33PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forgot to assign this character to kaalgrontiid as a home campaign (finally noticed how to spell the name), after a couple of hours went to check my campaign score and it was zero...

interestingly though - when I did finally score some points - I was ranked 173...

holy cow, less than 200 different characters in the last 20 days have scored for DC on the "main" map...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 26, 2019 7:11AM
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed some weird rankings too, I think it might be account based rather than character based. For example I have a character with 20k points this campaign and he's the same rank in the leaderboard as my character with 600k (which is pretty low at 245th!)
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peacatcher wrote: »
    I noticed some weird rankings too, I think it might be account based rather than character based. For example I have a character with 20k points this campaign and he's the same rank in the leaderboard as my character with 600k (which is pretty low at 245th!)

very interesting...that would definitely be a change from how it was done in the past...

if I can remember, i'll take a look at the full leaderboards and see if anyone's name appears twice on the list...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i posted this last year (april 2018) reference player population:
    geonsocal wrote: »
    this is for ps4/na - vivec...i have characters on each alliance...

generally I'll hit 100 to 200k per character and rank anywhere from 1,500 to 2,500 on each alliance...

of course many players have multiple characters in the campaign within a single alliance and across factions...

let's guess about 3,000 to 3,500 characters participate in the 30 day campaign for each faction...around 9,000 total characters...

take a guess and say a third of the players have multiple characters...

so possibly 6,000 different players participate monthly in cyrodiil on that particular map...

add in those only playing in kyne, shor, and sotha sil (maybe a couple thousand), and, there are probably anywhere from 7 to 10 thousand pvpers on out platform/server each month...

just a guess :)

on this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/403474/population-numbers-for-campaigns

looks like i was crazy wrong a year ago, or, player pvp pops are significantly decreasing...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 26, 2019 6:01PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ya know, I haven’t been in the main campaign yet. I’d suspect, maybe a lot of people haven’t. The Imperial City and under 50 and Battlegrounds has been hitting good.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really trying to like necro, but getting a smooth rotation down is hard because it seems the abilities don't always fire the same for me. Definite timing problems on some of the skills when weaving.

Oh yeah, @kylewwefan of course you like the under 50, I went there and every single keep and resource on the map was blue! lmao
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really trying to like necro, but getting a smooth rotation down is hard because it seems the abilities don't always fire the same for me. Definite timing problems on some of the skills when weaving.

just from a enjoyment perspective- I'm liking the magicka necro better than the stamina necro...

not to say which is more effective, but, I really like having the skeletal arcanist and spirit mender out at the same time...

I wish they were zombies, but, it still looks pretty cool...

I can see setting up a pretty decent healer/support character with the magicka necro...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 27, 2019 7:38PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn...no midyear mayhem coming up - i was kind of counting on storing up some AP for monster set pieces and having the double XP for player kills help level up my EU toons:
    In light of our ongoing work to improve game performance and the Activity Finder, we are holding the Midyear Mayhem event until next year to ensure that the player experience is a good one. In its place, we are moving forward the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration Event, which will run from July 2 to July 15, and will give players the chance to earn the Event Tickets needed to start the Onyx Indrik mount evolution.
    Edited by geonsocal on June 27, 2019 8:02PM
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the reasoning behind the decision tho I don’t think that any real performance increases are actually being done. but it’s a slap in the face for us who choose Pvp as our end game. And I was going to drop Conan for the event
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • sabina175
    sabina175
    ✭✭
    But look at the bright side: no queues of over 150 during prime time and not every 10 min a crash (minimum).
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    sabina175 wrote: »
    But look at the bright side: no queues of over 150 during prime time and not every 10 min a crash (minimum).
    True doesn’t mean anyone has to like it
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • sabina175
    sabina175
    ✭✭
    I don t like it, was just looking on the bright side. I was waiting since the last event for it. I planned on getting my 3rd star on my main and perhaps to Palatine on my secondary char during that event.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** *** *** *** *** piece of *** game - I just lost 4 battleground matches in a row...which is to say I was on the 3rd place team 4 times straight and didn't get the daily XP reward...

how is that even possible???

*** *** *** *** *** ***!!!!!!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get good? (runs for cover!) :D
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get good? (runs for cover!) :D
    tenor.gif?itemid=3339908

seriously though - i don't normally pug very often (now that i'm doing battlegrounds i do), but, yeah - some weird *** can happen out there...

couple of games people left, one of the games was chaosball (i still haven't figure out a way to consistently that stupid thing yet), a couple of the deathmatch games where we were going up against werewolves, and, on and on and on and on and on and oh yeah - i'm not that great :)
    Edited by geonsocal on July 1, 2019 7:50AM