The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What monster sets for what roles in Trials? (For each role)

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
I like to do my research on sets but currently there seem to be conflicting opinions out there about monster sets and a whole lot of talk about nerfs. This all gets confusing.

What monster sets are healers using in pve?
What monster sets are stamina users wearing in pve?
What monster sets are tanks using in pve?

Is earthgore still viable for trial healing or not?

Can you please keep your answers simple so they are clear. Thank you very much in advance. I think this thread will help other who are a bit hesitant as to what monster sets to farm for. You help is very appreciated.😊
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healer in the below order best to least used
    Symphony of blades
    Bogdans
    Sentinel
    And don’t use but have chokethorn
    Earthgore is no good for trials anymore but is good for dungeons along with spc .
    Stam
    Velidreth and stormfist
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only help as healer, here are my experience :

- If new : 1p. Skeleton (helmet cuz easy to get) + 1p.Shudan/Lord Warden (or full lord warden but can be hard to get helmet for new player) => Very tanky healer.
    - If 4 man : Earthgore (help bad player to stay alive) or Symphony of blade = More sustain = more dmg = faster run.
    => it's only for 1 person on a big CD, useless in Raid.
    - Trial : Nightflame or Lord Warden = hand down the 2 best set for trial where most of the time player are stack with 100% uptime or very close to.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    As a tank, helm rotates based on the trial / dungeon.

i.e. First two bosses of AA - Lord Warden hands down. Everyone is stacked.

Of course, you wouldn't use that on the Mage - Malubeth's Harvester is pure gold here, and with the right setup, you don't even need a healer while you only have 2 axes, and only occasional top-ups for the 3rd.

So while I would say that none of my helm choices are clearly better than the others all-around, I would have all of the following to tank:

Lord Warden (group support)
    Scourge Harvester (strong self-heal & survivability, helps take pressure off healers so they dont have to babysit you)
    Mighty Chudan (if there was a basic, generic choice, but really, you should be at the armor cap anyways)
    Stonekeeper (less useful than you think - many bosses attack too slowly / infrequently, or their attacks do not count, and the stacks fall off)
    Chokethorn (in kiting Ozara or backroom tank of Serpent, it makes a difference)

I met a OT once in Maw that used Infernal Guardian. Throwing those bombs everywhere, but wasn't for me.

I know everyone and their dog has a hard-on for Bloodspawn, but really, it's not 2014 anymore, if you're tanking a trial, you should already be at the armor cap, and holding your warhorn/ulti for when it's important or needed. The number of tanks running bloodspawn who dont even use their ultis make my head hurt. Pointless helm set is pointless.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experience:
    Tanks:
    -Lord Warden in most cases. Caps res and does a little help to melees.
    -Stonekeeper when at selfish fights. Some bosses may not charge it fast enough, but in heavy trashpulls/adds its invaluable in my opinion.
    -Engine Guardian - see above, when you do not own Wrathstone DLC
    -Symphony of Blades - nice to use in tandem of non-dk tank or when you use Powerful Assault (so Vigor)
    -Bloodspawn - resource heavy fights on DK tank, where Lord Warden stationary nature is not that useful. Can be used also on Necro tank for Warhorn machinegun builds (Werewolf Hide + Bloodspawn + all corpses you can create yourself)

Healers:
    -Bogdan - go-to handsfree healing set. Good uptime, strong heal, appear when you want it to in most cases
    -Symphony of Blades - best 4-man content set when you are not concerned about your tank/dds survivability
    -Sentinel - lesser Bogdan that also restore stamina. Good for sustaining tanks and all your melee dds around.
    -Chokethorn - single target Bogdan. If for some reason you dont want to use Bogdan, use the Chokko.
    -Earthgore - not as strong as it used to be but still a valid for "oh-***-batman" moments. Long cooldown.

Stamina DDs:
    -Velidreth - best damage, shoots multiple spores that can hit multiple targets or the same if their hitbox is huge like SS and AS
    -Stormfist - high damage, can concuss, adds sustain, but damage is less than Veli and mobile bosses can walk out of it.
    -Selene - after fixing that Relequen is not proccing it anymore not as strong as it used to be, but still valid choice. You have to be in melee range though, as opposed to Veli or Stormfist its not a projectile.

You didnt ask for magicka choices but I'll post anyway:
    -Zaan - best single target set in the game, but restricted to 7m and can be broken before it finish
    -Grothdarr - Zaan, but in AoE all around you with less damage
    -Valkyn Skoria - not best damage, but no range restriction and require keeping all Dots up
    -Ilambris - outdamages Skoria if you have equal sources of Lighting and Fire damage (Sorcs and Mag Necros)
    -Maw of Infernal - 'maximum Zoo' petsorc builds only, but also works on mDKs to some extends.