The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Consequences are Far Reaching

adrenalytic
adrenalytic
✭✭
Hi Everyone,

Since the servers are down I figured I'd share a little story with you about how this downtime has affected me and my family.

First a little background on me. I am a fairly wealthy attorney. I live in an upscale neighborhood on the west coast. I consider myself very fortunate to have the things I have. So I'm not so concerned about the cost vs. benefit of this game as some of you are. I spend that much money on lunch. I am usually working a lot as well so I don't have that much time to play nor be bothered with game politics and customer service gripes.

However, I have a teenage nephew who lives on the east coast who is not so fortunate. He lives in a very rough neighborhood where going outside at the wrong time of day can be deadly. So, he plays video games mostly. A few months ago I even offered to his mother to have him come live with me so that he can focus on his schooling rather than worrying whether or not he will actually make it to school. She is a very proud lady and declined my offer.

That being said, he and I use online video games to connect and maintain a relationship with each other from across country. He and I are very big fans of The Elder Scrolls series so this was the perfect chance for us to bond given the distance between us. But with the rampant bugs, downtime, and overall inability to log in, this game has been almost unplayable for both of us. I've been telling him "wait it out, it will get better" but he insists that it's just not worth the effort anymore.

So, the other day, instead of logging in at his usual time that we play together, he decides he's just going to go to the playground and shoot some hoops. Well guess what? He got jumped by a bunch of guys. Now his mom is scared and reconsidering my offer. Thanks Zenimax. You got my nephew beat up and he's moving to Bel Air.
Edited by adrenalytic on April 13, 2014 5:48AM
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lmao
  • IlliadOfSnowhawkClan
    So... what you're saying, Phil, is that Zenimax has enabled your nephew to attain a better life?
  • Harkrider
    Harkrider
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, his life is about to get flip turned upside down.
  • thegamekittenub17_ESO
    Love this...+100
  • Winke
    Winke
    ✭✭✭
    yes yes yesss!! thank you for this lololol
    :: Winke::Breton Templar::Merchant::
    ::Koke::Argonian Dragon Knight:: Bard::
    The Obsidian Brotherhood
    "Eldest, that's what I am...he remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside.."
  • acespades100
    acespades100
    ✭✭
    Did he whistle a cab to Bel-Air lol
  • IlliadOfSnowhawkClan
    I'm sure he'll be a prince in no time.
  • surfbat
    surfbat
    Soul Shriven
    5 minutes since I first read this and I'm still cracking up.
  • adrenalytic
    adrenalytic
    ✭✭
    surfbat wrote: »
    5 minutes since I first read this and I'm still cracking up.

:) Happy to oblige. This forum needs more cheer.

• HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well played, sir. Well played.
    carlton-dance-o.gif
  • MCoverKT
    MCoverKT
    That's pretty fresh! Well, smell you later
  • Sarabande
    Sarabande
    I can't believe he got in one little fight and his mom got scared. That's just too bad.

(I'm crying with laughter over here ... )
  • Colbane
    Colbane
    ✭✭
    Better watch out, the forum nazis will complain when they see this isn't a customer issue! :wink:
  • seventhsymbol
    Omfg. This is so good. Totally got me.

Edit: Like, I seriously got upset that your nephew got jumped. lmao. /cries
    Edited by seventhsymbol on April 13, 2014 5:52AM
  • circilion
    circilion
    ✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHAHAH

adrenalytic you are my all time favourite poster.
    >:)
  • Valison
    Valison
    ✭✭
    Best post on these forums so far.
  • adrenalytic
    adrenalytic
    ✭✭
    Colbane wrote: »
    Better watch out, the forum nazis will complain when they see this isn't a customer issue! :wink:

If it brings joy to the masses in this time of need, I will just repost it.

circilion wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAH

adrenalytic you are my all time favourite poster.

Thanks! I love you too.

• ScumbagWally
    He-aint-even-mad.jpg
    Hi, I am a console Shoutcaster and I make videos for youtube. Check twitter.com/scumbagwally if interested.
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol! This was so spot on to every d.b. on the interwebz! 10/10
  • krylog
    krylog
    Soul Shriven
    Yo *** to Bel Air!
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    I think the cola I just shot through my nose cleared my sinuses. Thanks!
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled up to this thread about 7 or 8 (pm)
    And I yelled to the OP, 'Yo homes please spam later'
    I looked at the post,
    I was finally there
    To close down this thread as the Mod of ESO.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.