Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To be clear on the Bandaari preview lootcrate

cheifsoap
cheifsoap
✭✭✭✭✭
This preview crate had a 100% chance to drop a high-grade reward; when they are released, the chance to drop will be back to the way it was - correct?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my understanding yes, that's why it's a preview.

Previously when they've given out promotional crates ahead of the release of a new version players have discussed what they got from them and most have been disappointed - because the chances are you'll get some consumables and one of the lower tier cosmetics. It looks like this time they tried to change that by guaranteeing everyone 1 of the rarer items, although from what I've seen it's always a bandari pedlar pet.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it seems that the guaranteed card is one of the Baandari pedlar pets. Also, these pets apparently aren't in the regular Baandari crates. So, it's not technically a preview of the Baandari crate season, except for the consumables, of course.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't consider it a preview crate for the reason posted above. The pets aren't actually in the real crates.

It's basically just a free pet chosen randomly from a small pool of available pets and you get a couple crown gems as a small bonus. It thematically matches the upcoming crate season, but I think calling it a preview crate isn't overly accurate.

I'm not saying it's a poor reward at all. It matches up with what we've seen in prior months but with a facelift. Most months now we receive a pet, outfit or mount and the other days are mostly common consumables with a few things like research scrolls tossed in. I think it may have been better to just be upfront and let players know they would receive a random pet based on the upcoming crate season rather than try and make us believe we would be getting a preview crate.
  • Samwyn
    Samwyn
    Soul Shriven
    So we can`t get the pets then out of the normal crates, it is now or never?

I do hope they will release them some point later.
  • SewerFairy
    SewerFairy
    ✭✭✭
    Samwyn wrote: »
    So we can`t get the pets then out of the normal crates, it is now or never?

I do hope they will release them some point later.

My hopes are the same! I love the little senche-pet I got, but I also would like to have the pony <3
    PC - EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Legacy of Heaven
    Altmer: Sidahan die Windgängerin -Altmer - TempHeal / Miralangwe die Erlöserin - MagickaSorc / Nalaniel die Bestatterin - MagickaDK / Sindare die Stürmische - MagickaNB / Lithere die Unbeugsame - WardenHeal
    Khajiit: Kasiragi Ja'Ajirr - Khajiit - StamNB / Koji'Rou Ja'Ajirr - Khajiit - StamDK / Thamuk Ja'Ajirr - Khajiit - StamSorc / Nawil Ja'Ajirr - Khajiit - StamTemp / Zuri-daro Ja 'Ajirr - Khajiit - StamWarden / Kaouri-Jo Ja'Ajirr - TempHeal
    Andere: Firune Eulenschatten -Bosmer- NBTank / Ysolsa Seelenbrecher -Nord- DKTank / Jewa Klingensang -Nord im Pakt- WardenTank
  • Samwyn
    Samwyn
    Soul Shriven
    Oh yes, I got the spider and I just freak out when I see a spider, rl or ig... it is getting better with years, but it is far from good. So this little pet will stay in the closet forever :blush:
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    You can see all 4 pets here. Kinda makes me wonder if they ever release them separately or give us more preview crates in case you want to collect all of the pets. It's a little odd they gave us a preview of something that's not even in the actual crates.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, well that's disappointing.

I have to wait about a week to get my crate because I've been away, so I don't know yet which pet I'll get but I had been considering using some of the gems I have left over from previous free crates to get the wolf or senche if I don't get it from the preview crate. Now I guess I can just forget about it and keep hold of the gems.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peebuzzle wrote: »
    You can see all 4 pets here. Kinda makes me wonder if they ever release them separately or give us more preview crates in case you want to collect all of the pets. It's a little odd they gave us a preview of something that's not even in the actual crates.

lol
    You'll probably have to buy the crate when them come available for the other pets
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to get any pet but the pony. Don't like ponies. What did I get? Right...
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • Samwyn
    Samwyn
    Soul Shriven
    Right? :D I was like "please not the spider, please not the spider..... " aaand what did I get xD
    Probably, if I would repeat " I want the spider, I need the spider, give me the spider" I would get one of the other 3 pets :smiley:
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have a statement for ZOS stating they aren't in crates? And.it's entirely possible they could be sold for gems or crowns outright.
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right? :D I was like "please not the spider, please not the spider..... " aaand what did I get xD
    Probably, if I would repeat " I want the spider, I need the spider, give me the spider" I would get one of the other 3 pets :smiley:

@Samwyn lol I feel your pain

NA PC Me: I don’t care at all what I get because I don’t play on NA, so give me the worst pet (=spider) and here it comes.. YAY?

EU PC Me: I want a cat, I need a cat, please give me my kitty!! ...spider... :-/ WHYYYY

• Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope those pets will be available in store at some point, and NOT as gem exclusives
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's what I did. I said "I want the spider, I need the spider, give me the spider" and got a cat. The problem is I really did want the spider. ;) Shame we can't swap.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Samwyn
    Samwyn
    Soul Shriven
    So I would say, eso just knows what we want and makes a joke out of it and gives us something else :smiley:
    Yeah, swaping would be nice :blush: