Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't get rid of feeling that I'm carried

• Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You aren't doing bad at all. Keep playing and enjoying the game. Have a look at different builds using different gear setups.

Check your weapon enchants, jewelry enchants, armour enchants. Are they setup for maximum damage or ??? In other words if you have enough health and your regen is good you can enchant all armour with max magicka enchants, weapons can be enchanted as well to increase spell damage (front bar) and something different on the back bar. You can enchant all jewelry with Spell damage glyphs to increase Spell damage.

Also, what Mundus are you using? Choose wisely. Whatever works best for you.

Running a Pet are you using Necropotence? Helps a lot! Power surge? Big boost in Spell damage and helps heal as well.

Daedric Prey for increased boost in Pet damage (Includes the Ult Atronach as well) by 40%.

Monster set? Several good ones for DPS.

Don't sweat it. You are doing alright. Soon you will be soloing some Vet dungeons.....not kidding.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    I understand the sentiment and message, and I appreciate it. I don't trust other players, only ones I can definitely trust are myself and my girlfriend. I'll figure things out by myself.

Looks like that approach is working out great for you man. Keep trucking along and maybe one day you'll catch up to cp 100s!
    How about me? I've been killing skeletons for months, using different skills, attacking and quickly using a skill when I hear the distinct "clank" that the skeleton makes, even switched to a two-hander (As it turns out oddly enough, I do more DPS with a two-hander than I do with dual-wielding), and all I can muster at most is 17 to 18k. My damage only improved by 2k from 15k when I went Stamina from Magicka on my Dragon Knight, and roughly 1k after switching to a two-hander.

What does that say about me, who has been hitting a skeleton for months and has noticed no significant improvement?

And no, I refuse to give websites the time of day, considering they're so horribly designed, that I feel actual physical pain trying to read through them.
    Cute. Already at around Champion Level 700, but nice try nonetheless.
    Guardna wrote: »
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    I tired to kill my Skeleton. It took 3 minutes 4 seconds, and result is 16364 DPS. I want to uninstall this game. So much efforts during recent months, and all useless...

Don't give up man. Just keep practicing! B)
    How about me? I've been killing skeletons for months, using different skills, attacking and quickly using a skill when I hear the distinct "clank" that the skeleton makes, even switched to a two-hander (As it turns out oddly enough, I do more DPS with a two-hander than I do with dual-wielding), and all I can muster at most is 17 to 18k. My damage only improved by 2k from 15k when I went Stamina from Magicka on my Dragon Knight, and roughly 1k after switching to a two-hander.

What does that say about me, who has been hitting a skeleton for months and has noticed no significant improvement?

And no, I refuse to give websites the time of day, considering they're so horribly designed, that I feel actual physical pain trying to read through them.

well the refusal to check out builds and parses on websites says something about you.
    namel< that you are to , lets say lazy, to check out other peoples approach tho wthis problem, and the ignoreance to accept help by viewing vids etc.

you accept help, in your case the tips to keep pratiticing, if they are brought up to you, but you turn down suggestion like checking homepages cause then you would have to read throuh a text and maybe watch a video to understand the reasons behind certain skills or sets used.

if its really unpleasent to read a guide on certain homepages, then you can still mark the whole text and copy it over into a wrod, and print out, this is not an excuse to ignore the guides online!

that the fundamental flaw all arround the globe these days, to lazy to do stuff yourself, but other should be the ones investing time and teaching you how something works. this calculations will never add up over the long run, since ppl will get bored giving you tips if you donw follow them.

sorry if it offends you but thats how I interpret your post.
    Here's how my experience was when I checked Alcast:
    "Okay I wanna be a Stamina DK, here is one... Not a big fan of the black background on white text, but whatever. This is guide feels too wordy, with information scattered all around the place, not interested."
    Then Xynode:
    "Ugh, who's idea was it to leave the Elsweyr logo as a background? Some things I can't even properly read. This is the worst website I've seen yet for game guides!"
    Maybe it was me unlucky or something, but I tried watching a video, the individual commentating sounded about as enthusiastic as a loaf of soggy bread, and talked non-stop about things, when I was thinking "Get to the point already!".

Ultimately, I feel like guides are useless, as you can do whatever they tell you, but it doesn't guarantee results if you don't get the playstyle or if you hate the playstyle. That and I just don't trust/respect the person writing the guide. Got burned too many times before.

Also I find it brave that you consider me "Lazy", as it would imply that I am doing absolutely nothing with myself and just sit there staring at the sky, and then going to the forums to yell "My DPS is not improving!". And when I say "Do nothing" I mean literally not do anything. Hitting a skeleton, using different skills and weapons and farming Fighters Guild shows that I am actually doing SOMETHING.

Or I can just play tank. It may not be as satisfying as a DPS, but it's something I can play and am excelling at, so that is a positive (InB-Four some keyboard warrior comes screeching "This is an admission of defeat! You will never achieve anything in life!" Or some other B.S)

People this days are so spoiled.Oh no, this web site doesnt look pretty enough lets ignore its content even though all the information on it is important for me to improve and i went out of my way to find that but cant get over the looks and people in videos dont overhype and oversell the build and say it plain and simple and i dont like that and i hope they get the the point and say the magic formula for dps instead of taking their time to explan every single bit and reasoning about their build so it helps others understand and and use it better but no its too long and boring for me too listen so i will instead complain about my bad performance on forums and say there is nothing i could have done about it.Thats how you sound.
    And you sound like a jackass and are intentionally misrepresenting my points with a childish demeanor.

The way a website looks and how information is spread out is, unsurprisingly, rather important. If the information is spread out all over the place, or it's ontop of a layout that makes it hard to read, no one is gonna bother as it looks like the person put little effort in making it presentable.

And when I talk about the videos, it is because someone sounding like he's about to fall asleep makes for a very unpassionate video, that reflects onto the viewers. And I say this as someone who's working on a video with commentary, if I sound like as I usually do (Very relaxed and quiet), only people I'll attract are those who need ASMR to fall asleep. It's not to oversell to a bunch of children with ADD, but to simply express a bit of passion.

You can disagree all you want, but that's how it is. Got a problem? Then eat me.

Edit: Besides, I've been playing as a tank for a majority of my recent relapse. Less stressful and I don't need to deal with having people give me *** about "ur not diing enuf dps". Admitively I woulld like to unwind and just play as a DPS, but I am too considerate to my own detriment of other players to just queue as a DPS and take glorious *** on people who'd decide to talk trash to me.

Glad you listened to the advice ‘go play a tank’, how much you like short que?
    It feels unsatisfying. Only good being a tank does is that I get to stay alive longer, but killing things takes forever. But it's a better altermative than have fallic object people give me crap for not doing 100k DPS with one ability.

Tbh, I'll force all undaunted newbies to complete veteran dungeons as tank first and install CMX as base game feature. Then everybody will know how much dps he needs before queuing for vet pledge, from their own experience on tank and those embarassment when mobs are 400k HP and your dps are leaving by themselves because they can't kill them. This will also solve all group finder problems since there will be much more tanks and much less wannabe dps in vet queue.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread and other threads like it? is why I gave up on most group content. nowadays I mostly just occasionally heal normals when mood strikes. expectations in this game as well as absolutely insane skill gap that i'm sorry, but not everyone can bridge even with practice in this game is just.... obscene. I am too old and too tired to try and live up to demands of a stranger on the other side of the screen and i'm DEFINITELY too old and too tired to take their b-ing about my performance in a gosh.. darn... VIDEO GAME.

/end rant

basically OP, I feel you and i hope you can get closer to expectations placed on dps players, but even if you do not? don't get you down. the lore is still here for you to enjoy regardless.
    Edited by Linaleah on June 21, 2019 12:35AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently I started doing pledges and random dungeons with my PetSorc, CP 670. I go with my guildmates or random players, and these are always vet dungeons. The bosses are melting, I'm never dying and never get kicked. Yet I can't get rid of feeling that I'm... carried. How do I know I'm not? Installed Combat Metric today, but can't make a head or tail of it. What addon can I use to check how much damage I'm doing in percents? And what percent should a DD do?

UPD: I tired to kill my Skeleton. It took 3 minutes 4 seconds, and result is 16364 DPS. I want to uninstall this game. So much efforts during recent months, and all useless...

You just need to follow the easy peasy builds guide. This game is all about op gear and op abilities. 80% gear/build 20% skills (as in YOUR skills at playing the game). Hey, 20% is still significant, so it's not like your playing skills are entirely inconsequential.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on June 21, 2019 12:57AM
  • Bealeb319
    Bealeb319
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thing to consider is that there is a good chance your dps in groups will be higher due to buffs and debuffs
  • NocturnalSonata
    NocturnalSonata
    ✭✭✭
    I tired to kill my Skeleton. It took 3 minutes 4 seconds, and result is 16364 DPS. I want to uninstall this game. So much efforts during recent months, and all useless...

You are doing something wrong, either that or the guides you are reading are absolute poop. If all else fails try my build. At 800cp, I am hitting 40+dps with massive amounts of survivability and a dead easy rotation + no vMA weapon (rng hates me):

Gear = Necropotence + Infallible Aether(Mothers sorrow is fine too) - all divines/arcane (spell dmg on jewelry) (shock dmg on both staff)
    Monster set - your choice really, zaan parses higher but illambris/skoria/maw are all within 1-2k dps
    Mundus = shadow/mage - ( i prefer mage for vma)

Front bar = surge, matriarch, aegis, daedric tomb, mages wrath. ice comet.
    Back Bar = Prey, matriarch, hard ward, lightning flood, blockade storms. Greater atronach

Drink = Bloody Mara
    Potion = spell power

Pre Rotation = Potion, Surge, Drop atronach, begin rotation
    Rotation = Flood, LA, blockade, LA, Prey, Bar Swap, LA, Tomb, HA, LA, Tomb, HA, Bar Swap.... Repeat
    Execution (under 25%) = Flood, LA, blockade, LA, Prey, Bar Swap - Wrath, LA, Wrath, LA... and so on.

Notes - apart from the execution, this is infinite self sustain. Only time you run out is during execution phase, and only if it takes an age to complete. Surge gets added every second rotation. Matriarch is just out, use the burst heal if you end up in trouble. Ward is only there for wtf moments, so you generally ward then heal over it, and drop some dmg to surge heal back. - This build is very solid in pug groups when the healer is awol.

Seriously - if you are not pulling a minimum of 30k dps with this exact build then idk whats going on. with a semi decent timing you will get 40k. Good Luck.
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder, as some posts have been removed, that tt’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NocturnalSonata

This is nearly the build I'm running. Necropotence + Mothers sorrow, Ilambris... divines... spell dmg... Bloody Mara... Maybe I'm doing somethning wrong with a Skeleton? A lot of post here seem to be for beginners, yet I'm not. I spend a lot of time examining builds, skills, CPs and practicing. I know about the importance of builds and rotations since I started playing in 2016...
    Edited by myskyrim26 on June 22, 2019 3:16AM
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NocturnalSonata

This is nearly the build I'm running. Necropotence + Mothers sorrow, Ilambris... divines... spell dmg... Bloody Mara... Maybe I'm doing somethning wrong woth a Skeleton? A lot of post here seem to be for beginners, yet I'm not. I spend a lot of time examining builds, skills, CPs and practicing. I know about the importance of builds and rotations since I started playing in 2016...

Did you post your combat metrics report anywhere? The above info is all helpful, but since there are so many factors as you can see here, it's best you post your report so the cause can be narrowed down
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on NA? Whisper me @Drako-Ei i might be able to help
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muzzick wrote: »
    @NocturnalSonata

This is nearly the build I'm running. Necropotence + Mothers sorrow, Ilambris... divines... spell dmg... Bloody Mara... Maybe I'm doing somethning wrong woth a Skeleton? A lot of post here seem to be for beginners, yet I'm not. I spend a lot of time examining builds, skills, CPs and practicing. I know about the importance of builds and rotations since I started playing in 2016...

Did you post your combat metrics report anywhere? The above info is all helpful, but since there are so many factors as you can see here, it's best you post your report so the cause can be narrowed down

No, I didn't. Still trying to understand how it works. Today I'll be doing a dungeon, so I'll try to post my results
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muzzick wrote: »
    @NocturnalSonata

No, I didn't. Still trying to understand how it works. Today I'll be doing a dungeon, so I'll try to post my results

Well, it basically calculates everything from the start to end of combat. It would be most accurate on a dummy since there wouldn't be things such as adds, interruptions, mechanics, deaths, group buffs etc to confound the results.
  • YOB
    YOB
    ✭✭✭
    16k dps... yeah you are carried for sure. but hey becides dlc dungeons the rest are EZ even if you do 10k dps anyway...
    So try DLC and then come back and tell us if you got kicked or not :smile:
  • YOB
    YOB
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know but some ppl (like me) definitely woke up and improve when the truth hits them in the face really hard. From there they will grind CP and work on their rotation / gear.
    the road to 50k+ has never been easy.
    Don't uninstall, give yourself a challenge and have fun this is just a game after all.
    Edited by YOB on June 22, 2019 6:39AM
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YOB wrote: »
    16k dps... yeah you are carried for sure. but hey becides dlc dungeons the rest are EZ even if you do 10k dps anyway...

DLC normal or vet? Guildmates invite me to run DLC dungeons, yet I'm not on ESO+ for a long time already. They also invite me to normal trials and never kick. I'm new to this guild, so I doubt it is because the are my friends - different players every time, only GM is a permanent leader.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mate folks go from 16-30k by sorting their rotation timing don't stress
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CMX show me my dps and the group dps in the top left corner all the time with percentage.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YOB wrote: »

DLC normal or vet? Guildmates invite me to run DLC dungeons, yet I'm not on ESO+ for a long time already. They also invite me to normal trials and never kick. I'm new to this guild, so I doubt it is because the are my friends - different players every time, only GM is a permanent leader.

Sounds like your a fairly decent human being. That counts for a lot. I don’t care if someone is pulling 102k DPS. If they’re a big mean weenie troll, I’m not playing with them. Could you imagine doing like a 2 or 3 month long progression with people you couldn’t stand.

People will let that stuff fly for as long as they’re useful sometimes; but it’s a mistake. Spoonful of sugar takes you much farther than a gallon of rancid vinegar in life.

Have you tried the new raid dummy out? This thing is stupid. I can normally beat a pile of bones to the tune of 35k. This thing jumps up to like 68k. I feel like it’s bs and should be taken with a grain of salt. But some of my raid leads want to go off this now.
  • YOB
    YOB
    ✭✭✭

Normal DLC and trials are pretty easy, but it doesn't matter if you are in an end game pve guild or not.
    You just having fun with friends that's all that matters.

But if you whish to join a hardcore pve guild to get achievements / skins / titles etc... you can always look up in the guild finder a hardcore or balanced pve guild.

If so, you will probably need to improve your dmg, first you will have to learn how to use CMX (combat metrics).
    here are some links I just found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71KWfmb1iMI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pg56DQUzGw

Also there's alot of great content online if you wana improve your rotation or gear.
    here are some links :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqTvhVOlNdE&amp;t=1s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N9spInKIgM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpIrcCH4g2o

Always look up Online or ask for more questions in here.
    It's a learning curve, if they can do it, you can too :smiley:

EDIT: Don't forget to like & subscribe :wink:
    Edited by YOB on June 22, 2019 3:57PM