Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enemies teleport when killed, making them unlootable

• Ilision
    Ilision
    ✭✭✭
    Also, being feared by several bosses will cause you to get stuck in the walls or under the map...Please fix that.
  • Gretadavids
    Gretadavids
    ✭✭
    I have the issue in all zones and its happening more and more very annoying all i got when i did contact support is do a reloadui ... i was like well i have done that and it wont fix this issue but that's what the support will tell you and nothing more then that so i guess we just have to get use to not being able to loot mobs in game ..
  • Higuchi
    Higuchi
    ✭✭
    Same issues! Monsters teleport from 1 spot to another, kind of running super fast, or just porting. that makes hard to target with a AoE abilities and whatsoever!!! Not only in Elsweyr, ...pretty everywhere, (murkmire, Summerset geysers etc...) It's not such a big deal with regular monsters, but when that happens with bosses and lesser minions of them... that's frustrating!
    NA Server 📚 MacOS 🐾
    Naofumí The Arcanist / Goellean (gameID: @Alien.101)
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    removed
    Edited by Aurrynthea_Drake on June 15, 2019 9:03PM
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's getting worse. Please, is this being looked at?
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Will hopefully (fingers crossed) be sorted with June 17 patch
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just took a look at today’s patch notes and this annoying bug is not even mentioned... :-(
  • Gretadavids
    Gretadavids
    ✭✭
    Yea it seams they are ignoring this issue sadly , l had hope that with the maintenance i see less of it but last night i say i was very lucky if i could loot at all as it just seam it increase with every passing hour played
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can record this and provide it to Zos they can see exactly what is happening and understand the situation better.
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    If you can record this and provide it to Zos they can see exactly what is happening and understand the situation better.

Really no need for it, it’s enough to play for few minutes to experience this, unless no one there plays their game...
  • SwoopIM
    SwoopIM
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed a very marked increase in rubber-banding dead enemies and out-of-range unlootable corpses since Elsweyr came out. Two maintenance patches later and still no fix! C'mon ZOS!
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can usually tell which enemy is going to do this. They almost always freeze for a few seconds when you strike the killing blow then poof teleport to you or past you. Unlootable.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on June 18, 2019 4:38PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will hopefully (fingers crossed) be sorted with June 17 patch

Lol, if only. If anything it made it worse. Half my enemies pulled the teleport on me today and all of them too far for any kind of workaround to work. I had an alit in Vvardenfell that teleported clear to the other side of a hill we were fighting at the foot at. I'd say it was the in-game equivalent of a good 40 meters.
    Personally I blame those pesky necromancers. Always playing around with corpses, nothing good ever comes of that.

It would honestly be hilarious if it wasn't so frustrating.
    Edited by redgreensunset on June 18, 2019 4:38PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we at least get an acknowledgment that this is being looked into? I mean apparently a visual bug is more important than this since it was commented on but this hasn't been :(
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's still happening all over the place, with any enemies. Apparently that issue has gone unnoticed by ZOS
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im also getting this happen - if you can try to pull another mob into the area and loot all together
  • Yvarhna
    Yvarhna
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I saw this post because I have the same thing happening to me. Thought it was just my lag, but it seems it is a bug.
    That's just great....I wonder if this will even get fixed?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this what is causing that bug? Definitely happening everywhere where the enemy in "not within range" or whatever!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_Wrobel
    Ok this was odd. Last night the dead target did the teleport forward thing ending up at my feet and I could not loot so I logged out and back in hoping it would not reset. Well it didn't, but something interesting happened. The dead target wasn't in the same spot, it was back where I originally killed it before it teleported forward.

So I set my character to walk and counted his steps, it took 18 to reach the corpse. Then I could loot it. This seems to be a graphic disconnect issue (don't know what else to call this). We see the corpse in one spot but the game sees it in another, where it actually is in fact. But because of the disconnect we can't loot because we are too far away from where the game sees it, but if we move to that spot we're then too far away from where we see the corpse to get the prompt to loot.

It's like it's in two places at once, where we see it which is wrong, and where the game sees it which is correct but invisible to us.
    The same outcome happens with at least one-third of all hostiles which are killed further than 5 meters away from one of my characters who uses a ranged ability, such as with an equipped destruction or restoration staff.

As far as I can determine:
    1. The PC NA megaserver moves a dead or dying target adjacent to the attacking character from the location where the target apparently died.
    2. Then the game client displays an Interactive Prompt to loot the corpse.
    3. However, when I use its key-bind, the system responds with "Target out of range".
    4. After I move the character to another location that is near enough to the corpse for the Loot prompt to be displayed, the outcome is the same.
    5. After I move the character to the location (or near to the location) where the target apparently died, the Interactive Prompt is no longer displayed.
    This happens with at least one-third of all hostiles which are killed further than 5 meters away from the character. On one occasion, I re-logged the character, but the corpse was no longer shown after the character was re-loaded.

NOTE: at this time, the Elsweyr "chapter" is not installed for me to play. These errors are occurring in other, multiple Base Game zones such as Bangkorai, and in DLCs such as Wrothgar.

Edited by Shadowshire on June 19, 2019 5:56AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not having any crash issues but this teleporting corpse thing has been happening for quite some time - I thought it was caused by my lag......
    This is the reason I stopped doing end game stuff... and I now just quest but even then it still happens all the time.

I support - ZoS please fix this.

EDIT:

PC/NA is my login server
    This is also happening on PC/EU
    Edited by Imza on June 19, 2019 5:53AM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An acknowledgement that this is being investigated would be nice. There have been a lot of bugs lately (just sayin' ZOS, too many in fact) but this one is bad and is making me not want to play.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was definitely not fixed in the last patch. I think its frequency has been reduced but I wouldn't bet my life on it. It is absolutely still happening.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm, on PS4/EU. Has started happening to me today whilst playing my Magicka Necromancer.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering if some sort corpse desyncing is the cause of both lootable bodies and necro tether abilities not always working. Seems like when this happens, the game visually shows the body in one place, but it's interaction is in another.

This may be another symptom of the lackluster server performance overall.

Edit: this would also explain why Templars' Repentance isn't having a problem, as the skill doesn't require targeting.
    Edited by BigBragg on June 21, 2019 12:01AM
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    My experiences of this have nothing to do with the new necro class.

If anything I have noticed is that I don't get this problem with my necros (they are just babies tho - still under 50) I don't play them much at the moment - still doing elseweyr with my main.

This happens on both my eu and my na account.
    This happens regardless of which map I am on.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have any ideas of what can be done to avoid this?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    For what it is worth, here is some details on the bug:
    I have experienced it on my magicka necromancer (PS4/EU). The bug seems more pronounced when killing something at range; the mob will die, then teleport to where you were standing when you killed it.

The bug did not seem to occur as frequently when the mob turned into an ash pile or froze on death (or any special death effects).

After teleporting, the dead mob cannot be looted, a "target out of range" notification often pops up, so the game acknowledges you attempting to loot it. Necromancer abilities that interact with corpses still work, though.

(On a personal note, this bug, along with the stamina necromancer "block bug" are very disheartening, as I feel as if I cannot play either of my shiny new classes. This is upsetting, as I was having a great time.)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any ideas of what can be done to avoid this?

This is still happening to me uncommonly, but since similar stuff has been happening for years, what I do is try to kill something else nearby and let area loot pick it up. A small animal will do. Spider. Squirrel. It has to be nearby where it was killed.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @lordrichter that is a good shout. Far from ideal, but a great suggestion nonetheless.
  • Yvarhna
    Yvarhna
    ✭✭✭
    About every second kill I make it just teleports. I had this happen to a few bosses in dungeons as well. Could not loot at all. This game is becoming less and less fun for me and it hurts to say it because I really do love this game. What with having oceanic ping latency that will never get looked at because it's Oceanic, and now this.....I'm kinda tired of it all.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love the game but this is making me not want to play. Please fix it soon or at least let us know you're looking at it to see WTheck is causing it.