Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO+ for consoles should be 9.99

ProbablePaul
ProbablePaul
✭✭✭✭
More resources have been dedicated to improving the PC version over consoles considering that the PC version has more features that console hasn't seen. Now, it's a given that the money for ESO+ subscriptions from consoles goes towards developing PC features, but the problem is that only PC users get to see some of those features, e.g. loadouts, add-ons, twitch drops(some games have integrated twitch features into the game, so it's possible).

I know that add-ons have been restricted on consoles due to decisions made by their respective manufacturers, but none-the-less resources from console players' contributions are still going to maintaining and scaling them. There's never been any kind of compensation been made or given to console players for the way ZoS resources are distributed.

Most companies manage to make a console version comparable to the PC version, but ZoS doesn't. So until that happens, why not make ESO+ less expensive for us console players?
Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caveat emptor.

Should have thought about that when buying a console over a PC. The restrictions on consoles are not without publicity.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What currency are you referring to?

I assume from the fact that you didn't think it was necessary to specify that you mean US dollars, but at first I was extremely confused because ESO+ already is £9.99, or less if you buy more than 1 month at a time.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Choice of platform, my friend. Console players are notorius for pointing out the exclusivity of some of their games to PC players, so I guess this is some form of justice. ;) Wanna more features? Get PC, maybe ZOS will even let you transfer accounts.

And you don't pay ESO+ subscription for those features you mention so the argument with wanting lower price is silly anyway.
    Edited by Michae on June 17, 2019 7:24AM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that add-ons have been restricted on consoles due to decisions made by their respective manufacturers, but none-the-less resources from console players' contributions are still going to maintaining and scaling them.

Ummm...no? Add-ons are made by the fan community, not ZOS. So console players' contributions (funds) to ZOS are not being used to maintain or scale them. However, consoles have seen benefit from these fan-made add-ons, which are made by PC/Mac players and users due to the limitations that console manufacturers place on their platforms, as you have observed. Add-ons that have features that have started to become very important/integral to gameplay on PC/Mac have started to see those same features being incorporated into updates in the game itself.
    Edited by Kiyakotari on June 17, 2019 10:12AM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    I know that add-ons have been restricted on consoles due to decisions made by their respective manufacturers, but none-the-less resources from console players' contributions are still going to maintaining and scaling them.

Ummm...no? Add-ons are made by the fan community, not ZOS. So console players' contributions (funds) to ZOS are not being used to maintain or scale them. However, consoles have seen benefit from these fan-made add-ons, which are made by PC/Mac players and users due to the limitations that console manufacturers place on their platforms, as you have observed. Add-ons that have features that have started to become very important/integral to gameplay on PC/Mac have started to see those same features being incorporated into updates in the game itself.

Exactly. And to be precise ZOS usually breaks stuff with in addons rather than making them better.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only real differences between PC and console are graphics/processing power, the PC UI (yes, they also have gamepad mode), and the ability to use add-ons. Well, that and Twitch drops, but I just don't see that as being a big deal. Sure, I miss out on extra gems, but to get them, I'd have to watch Twitch streams, so...meh. Oh, and text chat isn't quite the same (we can't mute certain channels - it's all or nothing), but we do have integrated voice chat, which PC doesn't.

But regarding add-ons, the only thing ZOS supports in relation to these is that they provide the API (whatever that is) that allows users to create their own add-ons, which are uploaded to third-party sites. Add-ons are, undoubtedly, a great feature, but none of our ESO+ is going toward creating these, as they are player-created.

Consoles do have limitations, and while some games have managed to provide add-ons to console players - Skyrim and Fallout 4, e.g. - I don't think that ZOS would want to expend the resources to get add-ons to work on consoles. Any add-ons would have to be approved (like they are for Skyrim and Fallout 4) and as we've seen, ZOS updates often break add-ons. I just don't think this is a headache that MS or Sony want to deal with, either. For games like Skyrim or Fallout 4, which while they've had official expansions and some patch updates, are largely static, esp. now, so add-ons can be approved for use without the potential to be broken later by some official update.

Others with better knowledge of add-ons could correct me on some things, but I think that's basically why consoles don't have add-ons for ESO, a game that is continually updated and expanded.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are going to make a case for lowering the cost of ESO+ on consoles, please make it fact-based instead of grounded in vacuous conjecture. Unless you have some sort of inside source, @ProbablePaul, you can't possibly know how budget and workloads are allocated within Zenimax on their development of this game. It's already been pointed out to you that add-ons are not developed by Zenimax but by third parties. And to ask for compensation for the lack of fan-made content is at best, a tenuous demand.

I can't think of any good reason for the company to reduce the cost of ESO+ on consoles. The only plausible reason I can think of is that I hear that PC can buy multiple months at a time at a discount. On XBOX, this option is not available... and should be. But other than that? Nope.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    If you are going to make a case for lowering the cost of ESO+ on consoles, please make it fact-based instead of grounded in vacuous conjecture. Unless you have some sort of inside source, @ProbablePaul, you can't possibly know how budget and workloads are allocated within Zenimax on their development of this game. It's already been pointed out to you that add-ons are not developed by Zenimax but by third parties. And to ask for compensation for the lack of fan-made content is at best, a tenuous demand.

I can't think of any good reason for the company to reduce the cost of ESO+ on consoles. The only plausible reason I can think of is that I hear that PC can buy multiple months at a time at a discount. On XBOX, this option is not available... and should be. But other than that? Nope.

ESO+ for Xbox is available on a yearly subscription now, it was $139.99 per year which is a reduced price from the monthly subscription.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    Starlock wrote: »

ESO+ for Xbox is available on a yearly subscription now, it was $139.99 per year which is a reduced price from the monthly subscription.

True, but I think he was referring to the fact that up until this week, we were still getting our crowns doled out monthly, even though we paid $139.99 up front. With the June 19 patch, I got the remainder of my crowns from my yearly sub, but from November-May, I was still getting 1650 crowns/month.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ESO+ feature are you actually missing on consoles ?

- extra XP
    - extra gold
    - craftbag
    - bank space
    - housing space
    - crown store discounts
    - DLC access
    - Stuff I may have forgotten
    - "Free" crowns

You have access to all of this, don't you ? Why would you want a discount for ?
  • Ixilith
    Ixilith
    ✭✭✭
    Twitch drops? U shouldn’t get a decrease in sub based on RNG loot boxes handed out.

Addons are also not funded by Zos as they are player created not company side, so they aren’t developing those either.

And intergrating with twitch is a platform thing. Again it isn’t paid for by Zos.

Litterally you need to look stuff up before making these comparatives, because this doesn’t work the way you believe it.

None of your money is going towards addon development. If Zos was developing them they’d go into the game files and you would actually have them lol.

It’s the fact players are creating them that you don’t.

The price you pay is for what you get, it’s not scaled on their costs to how they price the subscription.

They are selling you additions to your account, free DLCs and ingame perks. You are getting the same as pc players does for your money. So no it does not need to be decreased.

It would take you 2 years of active subs to have paid the money you would have for all the DLCs. It’s a good deal and Zos makes a lot less money offering it.
    Edited by Ixilith on June 24, 2019 7:47AM