Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't get rid of feeling that I'm carried

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sansoul wrote: »
    Man just hearing the word "carried" brings back the horrible memories of the narcissism, hubris and unbearable elitism that has utterly ruined current day retail wow.

Yeah, a lot of them really are a bunch of unbearable cxxxx. and I "real raided" there for a while.

What used to make me laugh the most, was the way most of them would only post DPS figures, if they were at the top (for once).

Even in LFR, lol. ><

Not normally for any informative, or helpful, reason.

Their mums (if they had mums and didn't just form randomly out of dirt on the ground) must have been so proud...
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I pug, I don’t care as long as stuff dies and people don’t run off to China ahead and try to die. Or die to really slow aoe like last boss of spindle 2 etc - everything else is fine imho. I’m a believer that anything except the hardest trifecta achievements, can be done with lower dps - but then you must have a care for mechanics.
  • Sansoul
    Sansoul
    ✭✭✭
    I find it funny I was in 2 top 25 US guilds during vanilla and BC yet I log in today and I can't get a mythic+ group that will succeeded because I have no "RaiderIO" score because I haven't played more than a month in each of the last 3 expansions.

Yet if I was to buy tokens, convert them to gold, then buy several "carries", *poof* I magically now have a viable RaiderIO score.

Sadly MMO's are dying. The market is shrinking. People are fleeing to the console platform, which is why these companies are desperate to create simplified games that support all platforms.

Look at the horizon, there isn't a single mmorpg coming that has any serious budget. Games are gonna become cash grabs like Fallout 76.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember seeing my DPS go from 15k to 30k after learning a good rotation. Then I practiced light attack weaving and it shot up again. It just takes practice. Gear and CP matter too. I got another bump switching those up. You can do it!
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Zeberence
    Zeberence
    Soul Shriven
    Kalgert wrote: »
    The way a website looks and how information is spread out is, unsurprisingly, rather important.

I can't get high DPS because *insert excuse here*. If you can't make sense of the information yourself, there are thousands of players throughout the world of ESO who would happily provide guidance.

But you need to work on your attitude, otherwise nobody will bother helping you.

"Appreciate what you what, be are the make you appreciate what you dad." - Sjin
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeberence wrote: »
    The way a website looks and how information is spread out is, unsurprisingly, rather important.

I can't get high DPS because *insert excuse here*. If you can't make sense of the information yourself, there are thousands of players throughout the world of ESO who would happily provide guidance.

But you need to work on your attitude, otherwise nobody will bother helping you.
    I honestly don't give a ***. I'll figure things out by myself if I have to.

And you must have missed the part that I don't trust other players, so no need to "Work on my attitude" about asking players for help in regards to doing DPS. :p
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is talking about light attack weaving, but I think the problem here is low DoT uptime. Liquid lightning+blockade do a lot of damage on their own, it can't be that full rotation only does 16k...
    OP, can you record a video of your rotation (or at least post a combat metrics screenshot)? Then you can get more specific advice.

I had very good DoT uptime when I was stuck under 20K.
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your low DPS is almost certainly due to poor rotation. If you want an easy build that's capable of pulling good DPS, you can check out my beginner magsorc video below. It pulls around 63k on the trial dummy, which would translate to roughly 30k to 35k on a standard 6mil dummy.

It's really important to practice your rotation. This includes weaving light attacks and maximizing DoT uptimes. I highly recommend you check out rotation videos from other content creators so you can get an idea of what a rotation should look like.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vqTvhVOlNdE
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And you must have missed the part that I don't trust other players, so no need to "Work on my attitude" about asking players for help in regards to doing DPS. :p

I hope nobody ever groups with you. Not just because no self-respecting trial or dungeon group would take someone with an attitude like yours, but also because your attitude only leads to people feeling defeated and useless and like they have no room to improve.
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been where you are, my first DPS parse was just shy of 18k. I just kept practicing and getting my gear perfect and I slowly went up. Hit 20k, then 30k, then 40k, then 45k, and now finally I hit 51k.

My advice would be to do a few things.

Make sure you light attack after every skill and before every bar swap. This actually does two things. One it helps dps alot, and two if you light attack before a bar swap it makes the ability after the bar swap come out faster. This helps get that dps up.

Find a rotation and alter your button layout to make sure it's comfortable. For example I don't like taking my right pointer finger off of my light attack button so I put my passive skill on R1 so that I don't have to worry about using that button.

Lastly is don't get discouraged about your DPS and if your bring carried. In fact ask these players what they are doing! I only hate low DPS players who don't want to improve themselves, if they have questions then I love helping them. In fact I'm trying to help my friend who only plays tank start his first DPS. We did a parse for him (only level 27, so it's a low one obviously) and he hit 7.5k. but it's a baseline that he can only improve from.

Same with you, you can get to the higher numbers you just have to practice.
    PvP needs more love.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, my DPS is like 10k

I don't care, If we make it through the dungeon then its a win, not everyone does end game PvE ( like myself ) I'm a PvP player and only do delves when I need a new monster helm, if the people I'm with are better then so be it
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guardna wrote: »
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    I tired to kill my Skeleton. It took 3 minutes 4 seconds, and result is 16364 DPS. I want to uninstall this game. So much efforts during recent months, and all useless...

Don't give up man. Just keep practicing! B)
    How about me? I've been killing skeletons for months, using different skills, attacking and quickly using a skill when I hear the distinct "clank" that the skeleton makes, even switched to a two-hander (As it turns out oddly enough, I do more DPS with a two-hander than I do with dual-wielding), and all I can muster at most is 17 to 18k. My damage only improved by 2k from 15k when I went Stamina from Magicka on my Dragon Knight, and roughly 1k after switching to a two-hander.

What does that say about me, who has been hitting a skeleton for months and has noticed no significant improvement?

And no, I refuse to give websites the time of day, considering they're so horribly designed, that I feel actual physical pain trying to read through them.

well the refusal to check out builds and parses on websites says something about you.
    namel< that you are to , lets say lazy, to check out other peoples approach tho wthis problem, and the ignoreance to accept help by viewing vids etc.

you accept help, in your case the tips to keep pratiticing, if they are brought up to you, but you turn down suggestion like checking homepages cause then you would have to read throuh a text and maybe watch a video to understand the reasons behind certain skills or sets used.

if its really unpleasent to read a guide on certain homepages, then you can still mark the whole text and copy it over into a wrod, and print out, this is not an excuse to ignore the guides online!

that the fundamental flaw all arround the globe these days, to lazy to do stuff yourself, but other should be the ones investing time and teaching you how something works. this calculations will never add up over the long run, since ppl will get bored giving you tips if you donw follow them.

sorry if it offends you but thats how I interpret your post.
    Here's how my experience was when I checked Alcast:
    "Okay I wanna be a Stamina DK, here is one... Not a big fan of the black background on white text, but whatever. This is guide feels too wordy, with information scattered all around the place, not interested."
    Then Xynode:
    "Ugh, who's idea was it to leave the Elsweyr logo as a background? Some things I can't even properly read. This is the worst website I've seen yet for game guides!"
    Maybe it was me unlucky or something, but I tried watching a video, the individual commentating sounded about as enthusiastic as a loaf of soggy bread, and talked non-stop about things, when I was thinking "Get to the point already!".

Ultimately, I feel like guides are useless, as you can do whatever they tell you, but it doesn't guarantee results if you don't get the playstyle or if you hate the playstyle. That and I just don't trust/respect the person writing the guide. Got burned too many times before.

Also I find it brave that you consider me "Lazy", as it would imply that I am doing absolutely nothing with myself and just sit there staring at the sky, and then going to the forums to yell "My DPS is not improving!". And when I say "Do nothing" I mean literally not do anything. Hitting a skeleton, using different skills and weapons and farming Fighters Guild shows that I am actually doing SOMETHING.

Or I can just play tank. It may not be as satisfying as a DPS, but it's something I can play and am excelling at, so that is a positive (InB-Four some keyboard warrior comes screeching "This is an admission of defeat! You will never achieve anything in life!" Or some other B.S)

People this days are so spoiled.Oh no, this web site doesnt look pretty enough lets ignore its content even though all the information on it is important for me to improve and i went out of my way to find that but cant get over the looks and people in videos dont overhype and oversell the build and say it plain and simple and i dont like that and i hope they get the the point and say the magic formula for dps instead of taking their time to explan every single bit and reasoning about their build so it helps others understand and and use it better but no its too long and boring for me too listen so i will instead complain about my bad performance on forums and say there is nothing i could have done about it.Thats how you sound.
    And you sound like a jackass and are intentionally misrepresenting my points with a childish demeanor.

The way a website looks and how information is spread out is, unsurprisingly, rather important. If the information is spread out all over the place, or it's ontop of a layout that makes it hard to read, no one is gonna bother as it looks like the person put little effort in making it presentable.

And when I talk about the videos, it is because someone sounding like he's about to fall asleep makes for a very unpassionate video, that reflects onto the viewers. And I say this as someone who's working on a video with commentary, if I sound like as I usually do (Very relaxed and quiet), only people I'll attract are those who need ASMR to fall asleep. It's not to oversell to a bunch of children with ADD, but to simply express a bit of passion.

You can disagree all you want, but that's how it is. Got a problem? Then eat me.

Edit: Besides, I've been playing as a tank for a majority of my recent relapse. Less stressful and I don't need to deal with having people give me *** about "ur not diing enuf dps". Admitively I woulld like to unwind and just play as a DPS, but I am too considerate to my own detriment of other players to just queue as a DPS and take glorious *** on people who'd decide to talk trash to me.

@Kalgert
    If you don't like websites perhaps you can look into video guides? I used both during my time getting my DPS up and they help tremendously. This isn't a journey you have to go alone, use the help available.
    PvP needs more love.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, how I developed from 15k dps to 40k dps (self-buffed, 6M) in half-year. 40k is rather low by forum standarts, but enough to do any content in organised group, so I gave up at this point. (I can squeeze 45k at 3M for sure with some cheese and good ping, but in real content ping is never good and also I was nerfed every patch - magblade).

15k dps: Caluurion's+Moonhunter+Skoria (ice+lightning) - soloed craglorn group content with that setup btw, like Shada's tear etc..
    20k dps: Mothersorrow+Moonhunter+Skoria (ice+lightning)
    25k dps: Julianos+Moonhunter+Kena (fire+lightning)
    30k dps: Julianos+Mothersorrow+Kena (fire+lightning)
    32k dps: Julianos+Mothersorrow+Zaan (fire+lightning) - I was using lightning because tooltip for aoe is higher for lightning, but i didn't know about OP burning status at that moment
    36k dps: Siroria+Mothersorrow+Zaan+1xbloodthirsty (fire+fire)
    40k dps: Siroria+Mothersorrow+Zaan+VMA+2xbloodthirsty (fire+fire)

I agree that my rotation is more stable now, but believe me I had 90% buffs and dots uptime at 15k and was trying to weave LA before each ability and rotation was some hell of complexity, especially at Moonhunter+Kena point. Also I increased my CP from 600 to 800 in those months, but I doubt that they brought more then +5% of dps. So I bet that at the very least +30% of dps increase came from Siroria+Zaan+VMA+bloodthirsty. (in comparison to julianos+mothersorrow+skoria)
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I tired to kill my Skeleton. It took 3 minutes 4 seconds, and result is 16364 DPS. I want to uninstall this game. So much efforts during recent months, and all useless...

How about me? I've been killing skeletons for months, using different skills, attacking and quickly using a skill when I hear the distinct "clank" that the skeleton makes, even switched to a two-hander (As it turns out oddly enough, I do more DPS with a two-hander than I do with dual-wielding), and all I can muster at most is 17 to 18k. My damage only improved by 2k from 15k when I went Stamina from Magicka on my Dragon Knight, and roughly 1k after switching to a two-hander.

What does that say about me, who has been hitting a skeleton for months and has noticed no significant improvement?

And no, I refuse to give websites the time of day, considering they're so horribly designed, that I feel actual physical pain trying to read through them.

well the refusal to check out builds and parses on websites says something about you.
    namel< that you are to , lets say lazy, to check out other peoples approach tho wthis problem, and the ignoreance to accept help by viewing vids etc.

you accept help, in your case the tips to keep pratiticing, if they are brought up to you, but you turn down suggestion like checking homepages cause then you would have to read throuh a text and maybe watch a video to understand the reasons behind certain skills or sets used.

if its really unpleasent to read a guide on certain homepages, then you can still mark the whole text and copy it over into a wrod, and print out, this is not an excuse to ignore the guides online!

that the fundamental flaw all arround the globe these days, to lazy to do stuff yourself, but other should be the ones investing time and teaching you how something works. this calculations will never add up over the long run, since ppl will get bored giving you tips if you donw follow them.

"Okay I wanna be a Stamina DK, here is one... Not a big fan of the black background on white text, but whatever. This is guide feels too wordy, with information scattered all around the place, not interested."
    Then Xynode:
    "Ugh, who's idea was it to leave the Elsweyr logo as a background? Some things I can't even properly read. This is the worst website I've seen yet for game guides!"
    Maybe it was me unlucky or something, but I tried watching a video, the individual commentating sounded about as enthusiastic as a loaf of soggy bread, and talked non-stop about things, when I was thinking "Get to the point already!".

Ultimately, I feel like guides are useless, as you can do whatever they tell you, but it doesn't guarantee results if you don't get the playstyle or if you hate the playstyle. That and I just don't trust/respect the person writing the guide. Got burned too many times before.

Also I find it brave that you consider me "Lazy", as it would imply that I am doing absolutely nothing with myself and just sit there staring at the sky, and then going to the forums to yell "My DPS is not improving!". And when I say "Do nothing" I mean literally not do anything. Hitting a skeleton, using different skills and weapons and farming Fighters Guild shows that I am actually doing SOMETHING.

Or I can just play tank. It may not be as satisfying as a DPS, but it's something I can play and am excelling at, so that is a positive (InB-Four some keyboard warrior comes screeching "This is an admission of defeat! You will never achieve anything in life!" Or some other B.S)

People this days are so spoiled.Oh no, this web site doesnt look pretty enough lets ignore its content even though all the information on it is important for me to improve and i went out of my way to find that but cant get over the looks and people in videos dont overhype and oversell the build and say it plain and simple and i dont like that and i hope they get the the point and say the magic formula for dps instead of taking their time to explan every single bit and reasoning about their build so it helps others understand and and use it better but no its too long and boring for me too listen so i will instead complain about my bad performance on forums and say there is nothing i could have done about it.Thats how you sound.
    And you sound like a jackass and are intentionally misrepresenting my points with a childish demeanor.

The way a website looks and how information is spread out is, unsurprisingly, rather important. If the information is spread out all over the place, or it's ontop of a layout that makes it hard to read, no one is gonna bother as it looks like the person put little effort in making it presentable.

And when I talk about the videos, it is because someone sounding like he's about to fall asleep makes for a very unpassionate video, that reflects onto the viewers. And I say this as someone who's working on a video with commentary, if I sound like as I usually do (Very relaxed and quiet), only people I'll attract are those who need ASMR to fall asleep. It's not to oversell to a bunch of children with ADD, but to simply express a bit of passion.

You can disagree all you want, but that's how it is. Got a problem? Then eat me.

Edit: Besides, I've been playing as a tank for a majority of my recent relapse. Less stressful and I don't need to deal with having people give me *** about "ur not diing enuf dps". Admitively I woulld like to unwind and just play as a DPS, but I am too considerate to my own detriment of other players to just queue as a DPS and take glorious *** on people who'd decide to talk trash to me.

@Kalgert
    If you don't like websites perhaps you can look into video guides? I used both during my time getting my DPS up and they help tremendously. This isn't a journey you have to go alone, use the help available.

I understand the sentiment and message, and I appreciate it. I don't trust other players, only ones I can definitely trust are myself and my girlfriend. I'll figure things out by myself.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »

Then Xynode:

@Kalgert

I understand the sentiment and message, and I appreciate it. I don't trust other players, only ones I can definitely trust are myself and my girlfriend. I'll figure things out by myself.

Fair enough, as long as you understand that the process will be slower I won't argue with your logic.
    PvP needs more love.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPD: I tired to kill my Skeleton. It took 3 minutes 4 seconds, and result is 16364 DPS. I want to uninstall this game. So much efforts during recent months, and all useless...

You'll get there dude, don't despair about it. Most people see the standard dps to complete most content as 20k and you're already almost there. If you care enough about finding ways to improve which you seem like you do, you'll raise that number slowly and surely.

If it makes you feel any better, my gold weapon'd, end game Magic Warden build, complete with a gear set from Maelstrom Arena itself, can only do like, 18k. Granted I'm using an Ice Staff for a Cryomancer build which is a big handicap, but the point stands. You don't need to be doing holy hell 40k parses just to feel like you're making a contribution. I take my Cyromancer into vet dungeons because even though I know I'm not doing a lot of damage, I'm doing a lot of support like snares and other debuffs, making the other DPS have an easier job.

You'll get there. (It took me three years to get 36k on my Stamblade)
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't ignore the fact that a dummy is by definition a single target, and so your AoE's will not be dealing as much damage as a group of adds will take. If you adjust your rotation to include more single-target skills, you'll parse better on the dummy, but probably a lot worse in the dungeons, and the latter are where it matters. And changing your rotation is only a good idea when there's something that needs fixing, as the change itself will set you back, and require more practice.

However, a dummy parse is a valid data point. If you improve there, with a more fluent rotation, or an equipment swap, or CP re-allocation, then it will carry over to the dungeons. Look at the progress, rather than the absolute number, and keep getting better!

Beware, too, of losing too much self-healing or mobility benefits in the search for more damage. If the healer and tank have to work harder to keep you alive, you may not be adding much to the team. And you can't do any damage when dead.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently I started doing pledges and random dungeons with my PetSorc, CP 670. I go with my guildmates or random players, and these are always vet dungeons. The bosses are melting, I'm never dying and never get kicked. Yet I can't get rid of feeling that I'm... carried. How do I know I'm not? Installed Combat Metric today, but can't make a head or tail of it. What addon can I use to check how much damage I'm doing in percents? And what percent should a DD do?

UPD: I tired to kill my Skeleton. It took 3 minutes 4 seconds, and result is 16364 DPS. I want to uninstall this game. So much efforts during recent months, and all useless...

What gear? Here is an easy heavy attack rotation guaranteed to double your current dps. Use atro ulti. Drop blockade and lightning splash (liquid or other morph) swap bars use daedric prey, proc your pet and heavy attack (proc the bird every other rotation until 50%). You may be able to get in 2 heavy attacks before dots run out. Rinse and repeat. Use double lightning staves and make sure to have at least 75 into thaumaturge if using lightning staff on back bar.
    As you master that, you can add crystal frags to front bar and use them when they proc, which will greatly improve dps. Make sure to use the shadow mundus.
    After you master that you can use elemental weapon as your spammable and drop heavy attacks (start using inferno on front bar).
    As others have said, make sure to light attack between every skill, even on back bar. It makes a huge difference in dps.
    ***Are you substituting ele drain for shield during dummy test? That makes a big difference. Use ele drain before starting and every other time through the rotation.
    Oh...use a flame glyph on front staff and shock on back for most single target damage (dummy parse) and both staves infused for better glyph uptime and damage
    Edited by carlos424 on June 20, 2019 6:25PM
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, if u only parse 16k you are definitely being carried. How to not feel like being carried? Play a tank.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unij wrote: »
    Dps tests on a dummy don't mean anything. Because you can build for singletarget damage or aoe and dot. You should have both btw, for bossfights vs. trash for example. If you deal more than 10k you are already above average dds.

Just to compare: My Sorc Tank deals most of the time 20% (10% for a tank should be normal) of group damage with 10k dps max, I focus on crit+aoe to heal myself. My Templar Healer 50% and he has 2 aoe, 2 dot, 1 direct damage skill, and a lot of heavy attacks. Most of the damageskills are there to buff group: shards, wall of elements with shockstaff to grant off-balance, I use the ranged interrupt from destrostaff skills, to help avoid damage. Only rarely when the dds are actually doing a good job I'm at 25% group damage.

No 10k is not even close to average in vet que. 10k is heavy attack over and over.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then Xynode:

Glad you listened to the advice ‘go play a tank’, how much you like short que?
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No ones cares how u do enough dps, pug only care if u do nuf dpd.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    siddique wrote: »
    If you want more cheese, use Zaan, Siroria and Spell Strategist.

Back bar: ele drain, daedric prey, liquid lightning, blockade, twilight
    Front bar: force pulse/elemental weapon, crystal frags, bound aegis, mages wrath, twilight

Before you start the parse, put the eledrain on the dummy. Gulp spell pot, drop storm atro.

Light Attack - Liquid Lightning - Light Attack - Blockade - Light Attack, Daedric Prey (animation cancel to front bar)

Light Attack - Force Pulse (x3) if frag procs, use it asap, bar swap, repeat.

Apply daedric prey upon explosion, gulp pot on cooldown, drop atro as soon as available. Maybe every second or third rotation, reapply ele drain.

If there is someone else to ele drain for you, you can simply skip that and use bound aegis on back bar as well or some other skill.

As soon as dummy hits 20 percent, execute with mages wrath.

P.s, jewelry with spell damage, Infused or Bloodthirsty.

Well, I understand why top players are doing all this cheesy things, it's important to grab max possible numbers. But if person parses for personal use, i.e. just to do their job in dps role, what's the point of drinking potion before the parse and other similar things? I'll say OP should start with simple things like keeping up self-buffs, main dots and LA weaving, find balance between sustain, spammable and damage and only after when all that is working with good efficiency (75%+ light attacks weaved, 90%+ dots and buffs uptime), he may start thinking about different tricks.

I agree. When I was practicing my rotation I did not use spell pots, they are expensive. I relied on power surge or the alliance power pots. Once I had the rotation down, then I went and got myself spell power pots. And now I make my own.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Mirrrr
    Mirrrr
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for advices and good words. Yet I don't think I ever can be better than I am now. Skills and passives scrutinized, rotation practiced, gear made golden, CPs adjusted, video tutorials wathced over and over again... No, guys, I'm hopeless. I regret I tried that damn skeleton. Will run the last dungeon for a missing transmute crystal, and that's it.

You sound like me :). Couldn't get passed 12k. Took me ages but I now hit 40k. Not the big numbers but I'm getting there.

• r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    Recently I started doing pledges and random dungeons with my PetSorc, CP 670. I go with my guildmates or random players, and these are always vet dungeons. The bosses are melting, I'm never dying and never get kicked. Yet I can't get rid of feeling that I'm... carried. How do I know I'm not? Installed Combat Metric today, but can't make a head or tail of it. What addon can I use to check how much damage I'm doing in percents? And what percent should a DD do?

You're playing with people you know and they're not kicking you from the group. They're clearly more interested in your company than your numbers. Don't take that for granted.

Yep game is meant for enjoyment and it's at its best when played with companions ^^
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to really find out assuming everyone in your group is using the same addon you can use the updated Foundry Tactical Combat and enable damage statistics then scroll down to the bottom of the options and enable group damage sharing.

If everyone has that addon and those settings active they will display them in the top right of your screen next to your default group bars.

This will tell you if you're being carried or not - as you'll be able to compare your DPS to the other players you are with.

Do not take any of this or that feeling you have as something negative though take it as something you can use to improve yourself in the role you're in ^^

Edited by xeNNNNN on June 20, 2019 7:42PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's gonna be a major YIKES from me.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's okay man, 16k means you have a clue. Sounds like you have the foundation, and as you pick up more tips and tricks your dps will grow in huge leaps.

Any chance you could post a pic of the combat metrics parse? That would give us more info.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop spreading misinformation. He's CP600+ and at this point, reaching 810 won't increase dps for a considerable amount...

Op the best thing you can do is recording a video of your skeleton parse and posting it here so we can spot your mistakes and give you proper advice.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like that approach is working out great for you man. Keep trucking along and maybe one day you'll catch up to cp 100s!

Cute. Already at around Champion Level 700, but nice try nonetheless.

Then Xynode:

Glad you listened to the advice ‘go play a tank’, how much you like short que?
    It feels unsatisfying. Only good being a tank does is that I get to stay alive longer, but killing things takes forever. But it's a better altermative than have fallic object people give me crap for not doing 100k DPS with one ability.