Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Achievement doesn't work - Support can't (won't) help?

Reiisha
Reiisha
✭✭
The Rank 1 Deconstruction Analyst achievement awards the Rank 1 Materials dye, however, for me this doesn't seem to work - The dye simply doesn't unlock. I can't retry, because the achievement is already unlocked, just the dye isn't.

I've asked support whether they can fix this, but their first response was "make sure you do enough damage to the boss to get the achievement". Helpful.

The second was 'i've escalated it'.

The third was "make sure you do enough damage to the boss."

The fourth was "bad luck, file a bug report, we will never speak to you again" (paraphrased of course).

Of course, a bug report for an issue like this is just going in the drawer to get looked at and marked as low priority at some point in july 2034, and in the mean time i'm implicitly being asked to make a new character if i want to get that dye.

Why is it not possible to simply remove the achievement from my character, so i can deconstruct another tier 1 item to try and make it work this time, or simply unlock the rank 1 materials dye? I'm only getting answers that don't apply or a straight up "no" without any kind of explanation :(

190606-002200 for reference.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the only one that does not unlock?

I know it used to work.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Reiisha
    Reiisha
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Is this the only one that does not unlock?

I know it used to work.

Yeah, all of the others work perfectly fine, it's just this one dye which refuses to be unlocked.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried turning off all addons? sometimes I cant click skills they show greyed out, stuff like that happens. worth a shot if you have not
    Edited by magictucktuck on June 20, 2019 6:48PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Reiisha
    Reiisha
    ✭✭
    Have you tried turning off all addons? sometimes I cant click skills they show greyed out, stuff like that happens. worth a shot if you have not

Reinstalled, repaired, addons removed (i wasn't using any at all until a few days ago even).

EDIT: Finally, solved! Finally someone at support gave me the critical hint needed.

I only play one character, and i didn't know dyes were shared across characters (yes, i'm oblivious to lots of stuff). This supporter (Sadie, thank you!) was the first one to actually mention this and ask me to try getting the achievement again on another character instead of crudely pointing me to file a bug report.

So i did that, and it's fixed :)
    Edited by Reiisha on June 21, 2019 5:03AM