Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Damage in this game is way out of controle...

mann9753b16_ESO
mann9753b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously, with full heavy armor, 40k HP, a 8K Shield, 21k+ physical and spell resistance, and every CP point and Armor slot invested into crit resistance, I really shouldnt die in 3 hits...

My whole build is made about being resistant so I can throw CC spells and ress players, and still most PvP player cut me down like I am made out of paper while I am blocking and in my life stealing bone goliath form...
Edited by mann9753b16_ESO on June 20, 2019 8:50AM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21k is very average. A couple of penetration buffs and fracture (which are mandatory in current meta) and you are left with whopping 10k or so.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21k resistance is low......
  • mann9753b16_ESO
    mann9753b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    21k is very average. A couple of penetration buffs and fracture (which are mandatory in current meta) and you are left with whopping 10k or so.

Dude, I am already running full heavy armor and all the passives that increae my resistance and the mundos stone...

So what, I cant run PvP until I can afford all golden gear? is that it? Doesnt really disproove my point here...
    Edited by mann9753b16_ESO on June 20, 2019 8:55AM
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt you die in three hits. When I have to step into PVP for transmutes and other things I need etc etc. I don't even equip for PVP. I'm still in my PVE gear and I can go for a while before I get zerg'd down. The key word is getting zerg'd down. No build is going outlast having dozens of decent players mowing you down.

*edit* There is so many builds, poisons, enchants, and sets that can destroy a build in an instant. You have to go back to the drawing board and revamp your build. You don't need golden gear.....And yes, 21k resist are low for a tanky support role
    Edited by AbysmalGhul on June 20, 2019 8:59AM
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭
    there are skills that bypass resistances, and if they crit from sneak,, yer screwed. you are made to take a hit, heal and cc. they are made to kill you... and ill give you a hint.. your resist are way too low if you expect to tank the way you are describing. your gunna need more like 40k+ and the high HP is almost a waste. if they can get through your defense youre splat. on top of 40k resistances you need damage reduction. major protecion, minor protection. mist form is 75% protection, but vampire makes you weak to dawnbreakers, so not recommended if youre not a sneaky toon. you need to use replenishing shields if you want to do this pacifist build. put the shieldy enchantment on your weapon and light attack dudes while your healing and ccing. casting a shield takes time. proccing a shield is faster and more reliable.

mostly.. 20k resist is about half what you need to start feeling tanky
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you have only 21k then? I have more on a medium armor build. You should be at the hard cap, minimum, which is ~32.5k, and even more if you want to account for some penetration. If you really want not to die, try something dumb like Alessian Order + Mark of the Pariah + Troll King with protective jewelry and health regen enchants.
    Edited by Elwendryll on June 20, 2019 9:00AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we had a tank meta in PVP with permablocking stamDK's and other such builds

the community flamed arround that there are too many unkillable tanks in PVP so those sets and skills got nerfd quite hard, and these combos were destroyed.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, I am already running full heavy armor and all the passives that increae my resistance and the mundos stone...

So what, I cant run PvP until I can afford all golden gear? is that it? Doesnt really disproove my point here...

How are you only at 21k then? Thats what medium and light armor builds usually sit at.

And leave your WoW thinking behind. Difference between gold and purple is minimal. A good player will smack you around in full set of green.
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭
    try fortified brass and pariah. reinforced. put infused on your jewelry for regen. and the bone pirate monster helm thingy.. you will be more what you are trying to do. its affordable and attainable. make sure its all at least purple. you will still die. but not so easy.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your resistance is futile...

But seriously you're getting like nothing outta your resistance, probably somewhere around 10% mitigation against the builds that are blowing you up

Atm resistance is like the worse form of mitigation available
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭

How are you only at 21k then? Thats what medium and light armor builds usually sit at.

And leave your WoW thinking behind. Difference between gold and purple is minimal. A good player will smack you around in full set of green.

now now, skill has alot to do with it, but dont tell him that. going gold makes a huge difference.

BUT, yes if you are purple you should be okay.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously, with full heavy armor, 40k HP, a 8K Shield, 21k+ physical and spell resistance, and every CP point and Armor slot invested into crit resistance, I really shouldnt die in 3 hits...

My whole build is made about being resistant so I can throw CC spells and ress players, and still most PvP player cut me down like I am made out of paper while I am blocking and in my life stealing bone goliath form...

Which sets?
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is my cheese melting because it got old and stale we figured out how to break through your heavy armor builds and make you exactly what you are easy to kill find a new meta we will break you down then to damage is what pvp is made for
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on June 20, 2019 9:21AM
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    21k resistance is very low. Considering you're not aware of that, you're more than likely not playing your character correctly, and chances are your build isn't any good either.

Instead of claiming dmg is out of control, which it is, in no cp pvp only. You should be posting your build and asking for advice on how to get better.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jdamuso wrote: »

now now, skill has alot to do with it, but dont tell him that. going gold makes a huge difference.

BUT, yes if you are purple you should be okay.

With 7 pieces of heavy difference between gold and purple is 500-600 resistance. 1200-1300 for gold and green.

Golding out only makes a major difference for weapons.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    21k resist is rather low, especially in heavy armor. My medium armor nightblade has around 18-19k.

To explain how low it is... My nord stamina tank had to be rethought after Murkmire, because of the racial change. The racial passive resist gave me WAY too much resist. With that, champion points and the gear, I was about 10k resists above the cap. I don't care about anything above the cap since I don't PvP. SO I had to remove all CP that provided defense, and also replaced Fortified Brass by something else (https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Fortified+Brass+Set). This set alone give +9k bonus resists.

If you want to be REALLY tough, you should be above 30k. 33K is the cap, but if you want to account for armor penetration, 38-40k isn't a silly idea. You don't need your gear to have the +resist traits if you're a nord. Not sure you need them even if you're not, provided you use proper defense sets. Hatchling's shell isn't bad, at least in my case, because it provides resists and a damage shield, and my character was build around using several damage shields. Warrior Poet replaced Fortified brass, mostly because I mostly play duo and the HP buff won't be provided by my partner. Still gives a resist bonus, but not quite as huge.

Simply put, aim for at least 30k resists in PVE and even more so in PvP before you consider yourself tanky.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using your armor buffs? I run nord so 21k is around where I'm at in full medium unbuffed. Then keep armor buff up and I like Bloodspawn which when proc gets me around 30k.

Then having a source of minor protection at least backbar is nice when on the defensive. Can get with psijiik ultimate temporal gaurd morph.
  • Massacre_Wurm
    Massacre_Wurm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. I have the same feelings in BGs.

Nord DK. 35k hp , capped resistances unbuffed. Dying in seconds through block. So why even bother ?
    Edited by Massacre_Wurm on June 20, 2019 10:49AM
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is suffering from the debuff" curse of worbel" he left a lasting legacy of very bad ideas that . He is this generations Guate Goadager.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nord DK. 35k hp , capped resistances unbuffed. Dying in seconds through block. So why even bother ?

Well I'm thinking:
    AoEs got buffed and I'm fairly sure all if not most aren't blockable
    Bleeds go through block
    Resistance is very inefficient atm (I read about 18k penetration is typical)

In this meta, for BGs, mobility is now as important as it was during the swift meta.

Everyone has access to snare and root immunity - older less mobile builds will suffer (AoE meta)

Range is far more common, probably something to do with the DK changes (take that wings mur)

The mitigation calculations have changed, major protection is worth the equivalent of 27k resistance (way more efficient)

I'm also still adjusting to the new meta; all of my older tank builds now fail miserably. I'm starting everything I know from scratch and working with @Minno to re-learn
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In CP, 5pctrans + pirate/chudan is only 1k less dmg mitigated than running 2pc pirate skeleton/5pc steadfast.

Think about that for a second and I will comment further.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I'm thinking:
    AoEs got buffed and I'm fairly sure all if not most aren't blockable
    Bleeds go through block
    Resistance is very inefficient atm (I read about 18k penetration is typical)

In this meta, for BGs, mobility is now as important as it was during the swift meta.

Everyone has access to snare and root immunity - older less mobile builds will suffer (AoE meta)

Range is far more common, probably something to do with the DK changes (take that wings mur)

The mitigation calculations have changed, major protection is worth the equivalent of 27k resistance (way more efficient)

I'm also still adjusting to the new meta; all of my older tank builds now fail miserably. I'm starting everything I know from scratch and working with @Minno to re-learn

it actually isn't in certain setups. its about 10k armor worth if you are hit by incap lol.

best strategy for mitigation is as follows:
    - dodge rool
    - shields
    - block
    - speed/line of sight

We are in a stat/regen meta which enable you to do the above; the defensive set meta has been usurped. Think of your regen sets as "defense" sets. The more you can do the above functions, the more you will survive. Though if you must use a defense set, run major/minor maim and crit resists. Right now best set is impreg because it allows you to stack well fitted for more doging or sturdy for more blocking, even Divines with steed mundas will increase your speed (though 20% of 10% is only 2% speed gained lol).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold vs Purple Armor, not why your dying.

Gold vs Purple Weapons, that will make a difference.

Everything else comes down to skill.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    21 k resists... is squishy. I run like 14, 15 k pen. At times I’ve run 18, 19k (which was too much really) just to be evil.

So 21k and you’re mitigating 10% of my damage if you’re not blocking. That’s squishy. (I run DAMAGE too...but...you’re not mitigating much of it).

Hey @Minno serious question, minor protection is 30% damage mitigation 30x660 so 19800 or has that changed?
    Edited by JumpmanLane on June 20, 2019 8:28PM
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to be that tanky you need better sets it seems. My magplar is at 40k resistances in light armor when I'm in group play. So you might want to check out tankier builds or pm someone to get a better understanding of pvp. I'm always willing to help people improve if you ask.
  • West1389
    West1389
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure this could be a L2P thing. I can run naked and only use punch and stay alive, plus take out armies. I laugh at the 1vxxxxxx. In fact they run from me.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Resistances are what they are. If you go well over cap and subtract whatever pen in the end even if you remain over resistance cap...it’s only 50%. Lol. Be better off learning to line of site. Behind a rock, around a tree is 100% mitigation lol.