The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yet another faction lock thread

Aisle9
Aisle9
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, now we're faction locked.

I don't like it, I don't enjoy it, I think it's moronic, but tough luck, that's how it is now.

overcome.jpg

Would be nice to have at least multiple campaigns to join.

I play no-cp, and while BGs are all well and fun, I do enjoy much more open world PvP, even if I have to go through riding simulator to get to objectives.

I also happen to main DC, while most of my guildies interested in PvP main AD or EP, so I'm literally barred from playing with my friends for a whole month (or at least a week). We were just going for a weekend spree, I didn't even know about the lock yet (I had to work a lot this past couple months), joined Discord, made the group...

Sorry mate, you can't play with your friends today, but tell you what, you wait 4 days for the campaign to end, make sure you don't join with any of your other 8 characters, and then you can join and play to your heart content. Then wait a month to join with the characters you actually use.

BRILLIANT!

So, ok, someone made a convincing enough argument that in order to revitalize Cyrodiil you had to literally prevent people from joining, I know the argument, and I've participated in the countless discussions about it.

I get it. I don't agree with it, but I get it.

Can we have an additional campaign now, so that people with alts can still play the damn game ?

Edited by Aisle9 on June 15, 2019 9:04PM
Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
#MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    12 threads about faction lock already on page 1 of this subsection... definitely needed another one.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso began with locked campaigns.

people complained so they changed it, it then was abused and alot of cheats and many things bad came from that freedom.
    people took advantage of it and abused to to the maximum.

Many people thought it was a way of life and made 8 alts of every faction thinking eso would be this way forever

after years of abuse and complaints of that abuses and cheats eso put the factions back on lock like was intended and works great, but the people that became comfortable with that way of life are the only ones hurting, the rest of us who did NOT abuse it are not hurting.
    i love the faction locks and i hope they stay this way forever as was intended.
    Edited by Gilvoth on June 15, 2019 9:00PM
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    eso launched with LOCKED campaigns

people complained so they changed it, it then was abused and alot of cheats and many things bad came from that freedom.

Many people thought it was a way of life and made 8 alts of every faction thinking eso would be this way forever

after years of abuse and complaints of that abuses and cheats eso put the factions back on lock like was intended and works great, but the people that became comfortable with that way of life are the only ones hurting, the rest of us who did NOT abuse it are not hurting.

Lol Gilvoth. After everything you try to claim and blame people in zone for, I'm not surprised to hear the only thing you have to arm yourself for faction locking is 'cheats'.
    * You complained about spies.
    * You supported the 1 second shield cast (knowing that it would ruin the mag sorc class because you don't like them.)
    * You defended sloads with your defence argument being: "Just slot purge."

Of course you blame others that make more ap than you coz they're 'cheating...' Thank you for showing just what kind of people support ruining the accounts of others. (spoiler alert. It won't help you get emp)

This doesn't include the dignified, patient and negotiable folks that have been in favour of the lock (like VaranisArano because he does actually hold good ideals). Folks like you however, I would never hold any respect for. You only think about yourself.
    Edited by ellahellabella on June 15, 2019 5:07PM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso launched with LOCKED campaigns

ESO launched with no trials either, maybe we should remove them too, uh ? Let's go back to the good ol times ?

You're not saying anything new, I heard that argument, there were several things that could've been done instead of going for the hard lock, but somehow, when you have to remove campaigns because your PvP struggles, someone decided to make it even harder to join it.

Many people thought it was a way of life because ZoS actively encouraged that, or maybe you missed the whole One Tamriel thing ?

12 threads about faction lock already on page 1 of this subsection... definitely needed another one.

And not one of them praising the decision.
    1538764404082.gif
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)

#SpellswordArmy

• BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ok guys we do not need another one of these crappy a** threads but i will say this zos f*cked up
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks are good, lets keep them.
    the open faction system set up and allowed for cheats and allowed for things to happen that were never intended and was a broken system.
    people made characters on that broken system and they made friends and characters during those years of that broken system.
    that's unfortunate, but the fact remains that the system was broken and its now fixed, we all have to adjust and work with the new system because this new system works and blocks the cheats and multiple Problems we had with open factions.

lets rebuild new friendships and new characters and enjoy the game.
    next on the list is a lagg fix.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the faction lock complaints, but honestly I kinda like how it could encourage more faction loyalty. Except all the DLC has made faction meaningless lore-wise so...
  • kollege14a5
    kollege14a5
    ✭✭✭
    the open faction system set up and allowed for cheats and allowed for things to happen that were never intended and was a broken system.
    people made characters on that broken system and they made friends and characters during those years of that broken system.
    that's unfortunate, but the fact remains that the system was broken and its now fixed, we all have to adjust and work with the new system because this new system works and blocks the cheats and multiple Problems we had with open factions.

What cheats? Wtf I play this game since 2014 and I saw like 5 scroll trolls since then, that's it. I never saw any abuse besides that. Faction lock mainly *** with the veteran players who have friends in other alliances and also change to the weaker faction to get better fights and not pvd the map. Ofc it doesnt bother the typical zergling with his one character. Also I didn't notice a change at all since faction lock besides not being able to play with my other characters and also friends from other alliances.
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    I have friends from other factions and I still play with them so......

I mean if they are really your friends then they probably won't stop being your friends because of these wonderful faction locks.

All I keep seeing on these forums from veterans who need to get over themselves is "I can't play with my friends. Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh :'("
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have friends from other factions and I still play with them so......

I mean if they are really your friends then they probably won't stop being your friends because of these wonderful faction locks.

All I keep seeing on these forums from veterans who need to get over themselves is "I can't play with my friends. Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh :'("

Aisle9 wrote: »

Can we have an additional campaign now, so that people with alts can still play the damn game ?

Reading skills are a thing of the past, I guess

Edited by Aisle9 on June 16, 2019 6:57AM

#SpellswordArmy

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What cheats? Wtf I play this game since 2014 and I saw like 5 scroll trolls since then, that's it. I never saw any abuse besides that. Faction lock mainly *** with the veteran players who have friends in other alliances and also change to the weaker faction to get better fights and not pvd the map. Ofc it doesnt bother the typical zergling with his one character. Also I didn't notice a change at all since faction lock besides not being able to play with my other characters and also friends from other alliances.

you can get forum warning and even banns if you openly talk about, teach, or make threads about how to perform exploits and cheats.
    we aint going to openly tell you about the cheats and the things that have caused locked campaigns.
  • omgiztim
    omgiztim
    ✭✭✭

Amen,. They should have never unlocked it.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have all heard this tired "friend" excuse before....
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omgiztim wrote: »

Amen,. They should have never unlocked it.

Don´t care either way - they definetly should not punish people for playing in a way they previously encouraged:
    Making different faction characters due to low population bonuses to help balance campaigns.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    We have all heard this tired "friend" excuse before....

We've all heard this tired 'cheaters' excuse before....
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Don´t care either way - they definetly should not punish people for playing in a way they previously encouraged:
    Making different faction characters due to low population bonuses to help balance campaigns.
    It's because of changes like this that I believe the main problem with ESO is that ZOS leadership practices poor ethics. That's actually the key issue here.

Factions had been completely unlocked in AvA for more than three years since it was changed in 2.3 -- around six months prior to 1T (2.6).

During this period, it became normal -- and arguably logical -- for players to make characters on multiple factions and the multi-guild system of ESO enabled some to join guilds who play on all factions. Many players developed meaningful cross-faction relationships as they were entitled to.

If ZOS felt it was absolutely necessary to restore locked factions, they had an ethical obligation to come up with a system to reduce the pain to multi-faction players to the greatest degree possible. But like all things related to AvA, this change was half-assed, basic and did not address any pain points.

Whether one might prefer locked factions or not, we should all agree it's terrible that so many players have experienced social disruptions because of the draconian nature of this change. It's actually heartbreaking in some cases.

ZOS still hasn't learned that if you're going to take something away from players, it needs to be absolutely necessary and great steps need to be taken to make it as painless as possible.

Unfortunately, ESO's bread and butter is the Crown Store. I often read stories about fantastic customer service players receive related to commerce, but not so much anywhere else. This means ZOS devs can be completely whimsical about changes without caring who they step on.

I prefer locked factions in games like this, but what ZOS has done to players who rightfully played for multiple factions is pure BS.
    Edited by zyk on June 17, 2019 11:40PM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheats? What cheats? Please list them.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

As there are already several other active threads about Faction Lock, we have decided to close this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.