Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction lock: we need a very short term campaign.

worrallj
worrallj
✭✭✭✭✭
It seems to me the folks that are worked up about faction lock are really looking more for a one and done pvp experience. They don't care about the capaign, they just want to play a few hours with friends. In theory that's what bgs are for... Except you can only go in with a max of 3 friends.

But if your one who wants to get rid of faction lock and bounce alliances every night, what's the point of an extended 30 day campaign? It's superfluous to what your doing. The folks who like faction lock are actually looking for that extended loyalty factor.

So do we need a campaign that resets every day or maybe even every couple hours? For those cyrodill pvpers who are just looking for a large scale but short lived pvp experience?
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    It seems to me the folks that are worked up about faction lock are really looking more for a one and done pvp experience. They don't care about the capaign, they just want to play a few hours with friends. In theory that's what bgs are for... Except you can only go in with a max of 3 friends.

But if your one who wants to get rid of faction lock and bounce alliances every night, what's the point of an extended 30 day campaign? It's superfluous to what your doing. The folks who like faction lock are actually looking for that extended loyalty factor.

So do we need a campaign that resets every day or maybe even every couple hours? For those cyrodill pvpers who are just looking for a large scale but short lived pvp experience?

If the 7 day server is not that active right now because people like campaign rewards, I don’t think it would work. A lot of us as well faction swapped to help balance the map. This would do nothing for that. Glad you are trying to think of a compromise though.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »

Who we? If you don't care about the campaign, why do you care whether it's 30-day, 7-day, 12-hour or 90-day?
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I appreciate the fact that you found a good compromise that makes sense, kudos to you.
    But personally I think they should just faction lock the 7 day and leave the 30’ day unlocked.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    I appreciate the fact that you found a good compromise that makes sense, kudos to you.
    But personally I think they should just faction lock the 7 day and leave the 30’ day unlocked.
    Faction lock is for true PVP heads so it makes sense for the 30 day campaign to be faction locked as non faction lock people obviously dont care for scoreboard or they would stay farming on their main alliance.

• ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

As there are already several other active threads about Faction Lock, we have decided to close this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.