Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kaalgrondtiid PC NA

• Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I admire DC's tenacity. I haven't seen Guardians of Daggerfall around in a while. Are they still around?
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    I admire DC's tenacity. I haven't seen Guardians of Daggerfall around in a while. Are they still around?

Nah. Everyone is going to ep next campaign.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes they play here and there, I don't know if they have consistent nights though. I see them recruiting in zone chat as well.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve enjoyed the new locked campaign when I could over the past month. Love that everyone I’m playing with on AD is with me through the end of the campaign.

I am coming back from what has been a roughly 2 year limited play schedule / hiatus. I remember a time about 3 winters back when we had a series of very competitive campaigns, each faction taking the lead multiple times throughout the month.

I think an important reason for the balance at that time was that certain cross faction pvp guilds decided to swap sides for the sake of balance.

The second reason was that a good portion of guild leaders in all factions adopted the position that the faction that is in the lead on score should be focused relentlessly.

I think the campaign would be well served if we adopted these policies as a community 1) deciding minute by minute / hour by hour to take the fight to the strongest faction. + 2) the guilds that operate on multiple factions could make a decision to play for the underdog next campaign - if these guilds still exist btw, I’m really out of the loop, and FYI not the guilds im in! AD for life ;)
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    #NeverGiveUp

Wouldn't it be nice if DC had ep scrolls at the beginning of the next campaign.. :) that would be sweet.

ep2-2.jpg

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hour before the campaign ends
    camp1.png

I made it in the top 100 :) Not bad for not playing most weekends.
    rank1.png

• Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    #NeverGiveUp

Wouldn't it be nice if DC had ep scrolls at the beginning of the next campaign.. :) that would be sweet.

ep2-2.jpg

What time did this happen? Judging by your post time after midnight. Whoever put AD's defensive scroll at Chal and DC's defensive scroll at Farragut is a tactical genius.
    Edited by Ahtu on June 19, 2019 11:43AM
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit.
    Edited by Ahtu on June 19, 2019 11:42AM
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those potential points...
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What time did this happen? Judging by your post time after midnight. Whoever put AD's defensive scroll at Chal and DC's defensive scroll at Farragut is a tactical genius.

This happened around 8 p.m. Est time. Shortly after I posted, AD stole the EP scroll near Arrius, and then we were pushed back trying to defend glade.

Edited by vamp_emily on June 19, 2019 12:29PM

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Game play of the day
    EP takes AD scroll and DC grabs it from EP during the scroll run.

We are all celebrating.. great job.... Necrooz!
    giphy.gif

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game play of the day
    EP takes AD scroll and DC grabs it from EP during the scroll run.

We are all celebrating.. great job.... Necrooz!
    giphy.gif

Not much to brag about, since the scroll was delivered right into DC's front porch.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was proud of DC and AD last night. AD/DC were putting pressure on EP most the time when I played. That is what EP needs.. more pressure and less points.

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Not much to brag about, since the scroll was delivered right into DC's front porch.

I wasn't at the scroll but it was like watching a major collage football game. EP fumbles ( for whatever reason ) and DC picks it up and runs towards our home keeps.

Chat was like:
    Go! Go! Go!
    You can do it!
    Come home baby!!!

Definitely a good start of a new campaign.

Edited by vamp_emily on June 20, 2019 1:35PM

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like faction lock. I like winning but it is not everything. I would rather work with players though good and bad time than play by the side of someone you can't depend on ( leaves to the other faction when you need them the most ).

Well said: it creates a sense of community, and despite the outcome in the last campaign, it has brought DC together, and there's been a better atmosphere overall (not having EP mains trolling in the chat, also helps). I think if DC stays organized (and doesn't split in panic when we are attacked on multiple fronts) can do great things; we have less population usually so we have to be organized and focused in order to be competitive.

A bit unrelated to the last campaign, but a point I've been wanting to bring up for some time is that weirdly enough the decline of DC started with the xyz zone pugs; DC is notorious for not having a lot of organized groups, so initially having zone pugs seemed like help, but because of the nature they are run and because people join them for AP farm (and not strategic map play), after defending the keep, they move to resources fast, so they won't miss the ticks, leaving everything unrepaired. I've see home keeps with both inner and outer doors and walls at 70% all the time, that makes it so easy for enemies to flag them and cut transit. Also because pugs don't have guidance, there's no training of a good siege etiquette, so to speak. It's not uncommon to see only 3 sieges in 15-people groups. AP gain is all well and good, but it's nice to play for the map and the alliance, but that requires coordination, and indeed effective siege and counter-siege, none of which is happening right now, at least to a degree that gives us a fighting chance.

We are great when we work together, and we have fun, we just need more groups that help players with strategic play.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

I wasn't at the scroll but it was like watching a major collage football game. EP fumbles ( for whatever reason ) and DC picks it up and runs towards our home keeps.

Chat was like:
    Go! Go! Go!
    You can do it!
    Come home baby!!!

Definitely a good start of a new campaign.

Whenever the guy runs to towards the wrong goalpost, you know the fix was in.

• barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I like faction lock. I like winning but it is not everything. I would rather work with players though good and bad time than play by the side of someone you can't depend on ( leaves to the other faction when you need them the most ).

A bit unrelated to the last campaign, but a point I've been wanting to bring up for some time is that weirdly enough the decline of DC started with the xyz zone pugs; DC is notorious for not having a lot of organized groups, so initially having zone pugs seemed like help, but because of the nature they are run and because people join them for AP farm (and not strategic map play), after defending the keep, they move to resources fast, so they won't miss the ticks, leaving everything unrepaired. I've see home keeps with both inner and outer doors and walls at 70% all the time, that makes it so easy for enemies to flag them and cut transit. Also because pugs don't have guidance, there's no training of a good siege etiquette, so to speak. It's not uncommon to see only 3 sieges in 15-people groups. AP gain is all well and good, but it's nice to play for the map and the alliance, but that requires coordination, and indeed effective siege and counter-siege, none of which is happening right now, at least to a degree that gives us a fighting chance.

We are great when we work together, and we have fun, we just need more groups that help players with strategic play.

That wasn't the pd, x, y, z or lfg groups that started that habit for DC. It was a specific guild who recruited all of the zone running 3 24 man groups deep for almost a year before they finally stopped. They turned DC into the pvdoor faction it is now. You have several generations of players who started during that time who think that is the way.

Your biggest pug group leader decided to go more ball group style and stopped teaching the new players good habits and alliance warfare tactics. The rest of your larger raids care about the faction during the time they play but generally don't get along well with each other but don't coordinate.

EP is generally a couple zone generals who push pugs towards objectives like scrolls or emp, which is why EP is usually ahead. That was DC back when I first started in Cyrodiil and DC was always winning campaigns.

Can't really comment on AD, haven't played the faction enough.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think EP will have such a lead this campaign. Seems like we got some smart DC/AD leaders.

#KeepThePressureOnEP

ep3.jpg

• Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened to the AD scroll at Arrius?
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to the AD scroll at Arrius?

I'm not sure. Right before I logged off ( around 11 p.m. est ) it looked like EP had it well defended.

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last campaign about this time we were 12.5k behind.. and people cried about how faction lock is not good.

Look at this :) A few hours ago DC was 1 point away from the lead. Everyone is working hard for every single point. AD is making a few bad decisions but they are close too.

Nice thing about faction lock is all the weak players moved to EP because they were the winning alliance. I think that made dc stronger.

Nice job DC.. hope we can continue this for another 27 days.

score1.png

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

• Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last campaign about this time we were 12.5k behind.. and people cried about how faction lock is not good.

Look at this :) A few hours ago DC was 1 point away from the lead. Everyone is working hard for every single point. AD is making a few bad decisions but they are close too.

Nice thing about faction lock is all the weak players moved to EP because they were the winning alliance. I think that made dc stronger.

Nice job DC.. hope we can continue this for another 27 days.

score1.png

Negative on both accounts. EP purposefully didn't push for points on both of the first two days of the campaign to not discourage AD and DC with a big win like we had last campaign. I also didn't emp myself twice the first day on purpose to not kill off the competition. Meanwhile, EP spent 2/3 of the nights of this campaign with no que in US primetime.

Last night, Friday, it was around 80 at it's peak while last campaign on weekend primetimes it would get to twice that at peak. Meaning either some EP aren't playing as much or they switched factions, which I've seen a dozen do so myself. If bad fair weather kids did come to EP after the last 30 days they equal less than those who left or are playing less now. I welcome the attention and double teams like your screenshots show, less effort to find a fight when you bring it to our doors every night, and I do mean doors since everyone is a pvdoor noob these days.
    Edited by Alomar on June 22, 2019 4:15PM
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Alomar wrote: »
    Last night, Friday, it was around 80 at it's peak while last campaign on weekend primetimes it would get to twice that at peak. Meaning either some EP aren't playing as much or they switched factions, which I've seen a dozen do so myself. If bad fair weather kids did come to EP after the last 30 days they equal less than those who left or are playing less now. I welcome the attention and double teams like your screenshots show, less effort to find a fight when you bring it to our doors every night, and I do mean doors since everyone is a pvdoor noob these days.

What are you talking about 80 at peak time? Do you have an addon that lets you know how many people are on? For awhile on Friday night dc only had 3 bars and ep was poplocked.

Also never give us something because you are affraid it will discourage dc/ad. We definitely weren't discourage last campaign, and we all know that score was fake do to the fact players were playing the new dlc while ep was poplocked.

• Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you talking about 80 at peak time? Do you have an addon that lets you know how many people are on? For awhile on Friday night dc only had 3 bars and ep was poplocked.

Also never give us something because you are affraid it will discourage dc/ad. We definitely weren't discourage last campaign, and we all know that score was fake do to the fact players were playing the new dlc while ep was poplocked.

80 is how many people got in before him, in my experience it’s usually 180-300..and my que was 84 which I’ve never seen less than 160

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »

80 is how many people got in before him, in my experience it’s usually 180-300..and my que was 84 which I’ve never seen less than 160

An extra 80 in queue is not helping anyone either way. Locked and queue is capacity.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I was talking about was very clearly stated, not sure why the need to repeat myself. Seeing as we had people joining our grp in ques all night the highest it ever got was in the 80's, as I just said. Last campaign on Friday nights we had seen 140+ que numbers, just like I said. DC had a high pop in a US primetime? Ok, I never said they didn't nor does saying primetime mean anything without a specific time/duration.

You say "we" like you mean everyone, but on these very forums I've seen a dozen posts alone of people from DC saying they were discouraged or felt that way. If there was evidence on the forums there definitely was a presence ingame. Again, I feel like I'm repeating myself here with information clearly available already.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You say "we" like you mean everyone, but on these very forums I've seen a dozen posts alone of people from DC saying they were discouraged or felt that way. If there was evidence on the forums there definitely was a presence ingame. Again, I feel like I'm repeating myself here with information clearly available already.

You don't need to repeat yourself. Someone already explained what I was misunderstanding.