Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Spoiler] Song

Radinyn
Radinyn
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_SoundMaster

Could we possibly see a translation of this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxaajX1C5GM
  • WoodenHeart
    WoodenHeart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Foolish mortal, on the wall
    you see a puzzle, easy!
    Yet I know you'll weep and fall
    and fail to complety.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To my knowledge, none of the Elder Scrolls languages are actual languages with proper translations (like Klingon or Elvish :smiley:) so I'm not sure the song has any meaningful lyrics other than some Khajiit-sounding gibberish the loremaster (or whoever was in charge of writing the song) made up.

That said, you can hear the names of the Khajiit kingdoms if you listen closely, so I imagine the song's lyrics pay respects to the diversity of each Kingdom and then celebrate their unification.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    To my knowledge, none of the Elder Scrolls languages are actual languages with proper translations (like Klingon or Elvish :smiley:) so I'm not sure the song has any meaningful lyrics other than some Khajiit-sounding gibberish the loremaster (or whoever was in charge of writing the song) made up.

That said, you can hear the names of the Khajiit kingdoms if you listen closely, so I imagine the song's lyrics pay respects to the diversity of each Kingdom and then celebrate their unification.

Some of the languages have actual English translations. Dragonish, or Dovahzul is one. Ta'agra the Khajiiti language is another with a whole fan made translation website dedicated to it.
    Edited by ArchMikem on June 16, 2019 12:37AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unconfirmed, but it's possibly the original and very early version of this song.

:*
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Some of the languages have actual English translations. Dragonish, or Dovahzul is one. Ta'agra the Khajiiti language is another with a whole fan made translation website dedicated to it.
    Oh really? :hushed: Huh, that's cool, never heard about it! Now I wonder whether there is an actual translation... Sounds like a question for a Loremaster! (Tuttle, pls enlighten us!) Maybe we could have an Elsweyr-themed Lore Q&A post on the website as we had an Argonian one with Jee-Lar after Murkmire??? :smile:
    p5M3DJS.png

• Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They actually have a translation we confirmed it with Morrowind theme
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • ZOS_SoundMaster
    ZOS_SoundMaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »
    @ZOS_SoundMaster

You're in luck! This one actually is translatable. :)

++++

Swift paws of Ne-Quin-Al
    Rimmen gold rains down
    Green Riverhold has farms
    Blessed-moons of Dune

Clever-Smile Orcrest in Dessert
    Verkarth Strong-Warrior stand
    Must-smile drinks for Meirvale
    Helkarn has wary eyes

Wise words Alabaster praise
    River people of Bruk’ra
    Pray Pa’alatiin of reverence
    Corinthe carving wood

Green forests of Tenmar
    Torval renowns the Mane
    Sweet Khenarthia has fish
    Senchal ocean traders
    Brad Derrick
    Audio Director / Composer
    Staff Post
  • Skotty
    Skotty
    Would you be so kind to also post the original Ta'agra lines to this text? Might be very useful for the guys over at https://www.taagra.com/
    @ZOS_SoundMaster
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_SoundMaster

“Clever-smile Orcrest in Dessert”

Really? In Dessert? I know Khajiit like moon sugar but that’s a bit much 😝😂
  • RaZakhar
    RaZakhar
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_SoundMaster

Hello, I am the manager of the Ta'agra Project! We'd be delighted if you could share the original Ta'agra text of this song with us.

Ra'Zakhar
    taagraproject@gmail.com
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my knowledge, none of the Elder Scrolls languages are actual languages with proper translations (like Klingon or Elvish :smiley:)

I think these folks may disagree, @bluebird: https://www.thuum.org/translator.php
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »
    @ZOS_SoundMaster

You're in luck! This one actually is translatable. :)

++++

Swift paws of Ne-Quin-Al
    Rimmen gold rains down
    Green Riverhold has farms
    Blessed-moons of Dune

Clever-Smile Orcrest in Dessert
    Verkarth Strong-Warrior stand
    Must-smile drinks for Meirvale
    Helkarn has wary eyes

Wise words Alabaster praise
    River people of Bruk’ra
    Pray Pa’alatiin of reverence
    Corinthe carving wood

Green forests of Tenmar
    Torval renowns the Mane
    Sweet Khenarthia has fish
    Senchal ocean traders

Can you also post the Ta'agra lines for documentation purposes? Please?
  • Skotty
    Skotty
    Bump. Any hopes on the Ta'agra version of this?
  • Skotty
    Skotty
    @ZOS_SoundMaster Any change to get the Song of the Sixteen Kingdoms with the original Ta'agra text?
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very much interested in the ta'agra version too!
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Foolish mortal, on the wall
    you see a puzzle, easy!
    Yet I know you'll weep and fall
    and fail to complety.

You're not wrong. Death was my secret weapon in "sneaking" in the final part of the quest :D