Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on LFG System

• Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else missing the old option to choose several roles? My character can do two roles equally well in all veteran dungeons and it was always nice to queue for both roles.

Perhaps the new dungeon system can bring this option back? together with some improvements, i.e. to prevent that new players mistakenly choose a role which they can not perform?
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    no.. they cant... so they finally removed it.. maybe you can but for every one of you there are 1000 that cant. so it was a much needed change.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still getting booted from the server when i am trying to joing a bg/dungeon queue.

I was told to keep trying to joing the queue until the game lets me, but that clearly just makes me disconnect.

Any thoughts @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Still getting booted from the server when i am trying to joing a bg/dungeon queue.

I was told to keep trying to joing the queue until the game lets me, but that clearly just makes me disconnect.

yea if you spam too fast it boots you, if you don't spam too fast you might spend an hour until you are lucky to get in the queue lol

have to find some middle ground there... not too fast and it should work.

RIDICULOUS that we even have to talk about this though lol
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea if you spam too fast it boots you, if you don't spam too fast you might spend an hour until you are lucky to get in the queue lol

Hoi @LiraTaurwen :smiley: . Do it like this one. Tell them to reinstall the game (or at least every addon), maybe it will help. Because you have NO IDEA what they are talking about ? Which problems ? It is just working. >:)
  • Canasta
    Canasta
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, so to summarise there is now a limit on the number of people that can actually enter the queue and this will fix the queue bug.

So what we need here as a permanent fix, is some kind of queue that you can wait in to enter the queue. I'm going to call this the Queuequeue.

As a more long term goal we could have an ESO themed "minigame" that you can play while waiting, so we can have some Pewpew in the Queuequeue.

• LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lisutaris wrote: »

Hoi @LiraTaurwen :smiley: . Do it like this one. Tell them to reinstall the game (or at least every addon), maybe it will help. Because you have NO IDEA what they are talking about ? Which problems ? It is just working. >:)

It works! It just works! :wink:
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canasta wrote: »
    Hmm, so to summarise there is now a limit on the number of people that can actually enter the queue and this will fix the queue bug.
    So what we need here as a permanent fix, is some kind of queue that you can wait in to enter the queue. I'm going to call this the Queuequeue.
    As a more long term goal we could have an ESO themed "minigame" that you can play while waiting, so we can have some Pewpew in the Queuequeue.

"Pewpew in the Queuequeue"

lol-2.gif

• Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird that ESO is the ONLY mmo with this issue

how can this happen ??
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a real fix yet or just more of the same click spam for broken group finder that I've been doing since 2017? If it finds a group at all. And if I get a pre-made team we have to click spam anyway lol. What actually will be done for the group finder?
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    Anyone else missing the old option to choose several roles? My character can do two roles equally well in all veteran dungeons and it was always nice to queue for both roles.

Perhaps the new dungeon system can bring this option back? together with some improvements, i.e. to prevent that new players mistakenly choose a role which they can not perform?

They changed the queue system so you can only queue for one role at a time. People where using it as a way to bypass queue times.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As there is absolutely nothing that prevents someone who is DPS spec from Q'ing as Healer or Tank, can we just do away with that?

Make the match, 4 warm bodies, you can sort our the roles once grouped.

You could even leave the roles and make it a match priority, but if no match is available just grab 4 folks.

FierceSam wrote: »
    While I disagree 100% with your idea, it does seem on a par with the idea that the group finder should have any problem with an already grouped 4 player team.

If 4 players WANT to put a group of drunk as a skunk Nord healers into a dungeon, surely the group finder should simply send them in. Their group, playing the game their way.

For point 1: It would be so much better if they brought back the ability to queue as multiple roles. Very little difference vs. what you're proposing except at LEAST if people are queuing as fake tanks or healers they are mentally prepared to try and fill the role.

For point 2: Agreed, but my guess is the issue here is...what if one of them leaves, or DC's? THEN how does the group finder deal with three people in the group whose roles are all heals? The system programmatically likely needs some basic rules to function. The drunk Nord healers just miss out on the extra XP and port if they can't figure out how to change their roles to make the Group Finder work.

For overall discussion: I'm too tired now so I won't put together my list of Group Finder suggestions right at this moment. I will just say that I appreciate the communication but having to re-queue to queue is WAYYY more annoying than how things were before.
    Edited by peacenote on June 20, 2019 1:41AM
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • OnThaLoose
    OnThaLoose
    ✭✭✭
    Laz wrote: »
    Ya'll so upset over one feature they could easily just outright remove and force you to find an NPC to enter a BG with a group you were forced to form yourself or actually have to travel to the dungeons manually with a manually formed group.

Thanks for the comms and continuous updates. You're doing great work. Been around since 2014 and the game is in a far far far far better state today than it has ever been.

Agreed, but it also wasn't that hard back then, either. Been here since the beginning as well, and that's how it used to be lol. Well before BGs and the group finder came along, when we wanted to do a dungeon we'd group with friends and travel to the damn dungeon lol. Or, if we were by ourselves, we'd go to the undaunted enclave in whichever capitol city was our alliance (since this was pre-"one-tamriel" we had to group with same-faction players) and ask in chat. Usually took all of 60 seconds to find a group and get going.

Does the group finder take a while sometimes? Yes it does. Is it game breaking? No, not at all.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    no.. they cant... so they finally removed it.. maybe you can but for every one of you there are 1000 that cant. so it was a much needed change.

I don't recall this was much of an issue. People who can not play their role properly or deliberately choose a different role they can not perform, in order to bypass queue waiting times, are also present in the current system.

With the option to replace people which can not perform their role, it was never really an issue in my opinion.
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monster Hunter World is going to add a feature if someone disconnects or missing from the group monsters difficulty is going to adapt. Why can't we have that?

Anyway anyone with a decent set and basic knowledge can solo most normal dungeons. Easily duo almost all of them or 3-4 DDs just run through them, Veteran is a different story especially HM. If someone fake tanking or healing a vet dungeons that is horrible.

Main problem is that the current GF is damn broken and takes ages for a DD to get a group.

Some rating system would be nice towards players if they are fake roling.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some issues can't be fixed.
    Every issues in the game are due to design and the engine of the game.
    If Zenimax want a fix they have to rebuild a new game like Square Enix did with FF14.
    This won't happen and that's why the game will never get fixed
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Create a ESO version of GW2 lfg system. Done. No need for an outdated system that does what players can do themselves.

I just saved you money, pointless meetings, & performance drag on the game...feel free to send me a check.✌
    Edited by Wolfpaw on June 22, 2019 7:10PM
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big thanks for cancelling Midyear Mayhem so you can focus on this. Maybe you shoulda been focusing on it before you had to resort to cancelling events. What's the plan when the next big event/content drop happens and this still isn't resolved? What's the excuse gonna be then?
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not understanding what LFG has to do with PVP in Cyrodiil.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    I am not understanding what LFG has to do with PVP in Cyrodiil.

Group finder is broken and when PvP has a huge influx of players it causes the situation to worsen.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh ok? So people go into Cyrodiil which causes group finder to be even more broken?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ]
    Uh ok? So people go into Cyrodiil which causes group finder to be even more broken?

PVP players also use the Battlegrounds.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ]

PVP players also use the Battlegrounds.
    And its the only way to get into BG, you can travel directly to dungeons.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS patch notes for update 23 have no mention of the improvements around LFG. When exactly is it going to take place? It's already Q3...
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’ve said Q4.
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    They’ve said Q4.

They said performance improvements gonna come Q4 aswell but that was in the year of 2017... :D
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »
    They’ve said Q4.

They said performance improvements gonna come Q4 aswell but that was in the year of 2017... :D

So... chances are high that Q4 2020 will feature a promise to fix performance? :D That could be their Presidential Slogan.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M. E. S. O. G. A.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, yes, Mesoga... wants to be a Knight Errant for Leyawiin. Oh. Wait. Maybe that was Mazoga? or... will be? These time things are almost as confusing as the names.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
This discussion has been closed.