Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good 1vs1 magplar build?

Maxdevil
Maxdevil
✭✭✭
As said in the title I’m searching a good combination for 1vs1 pvp with cp
"Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
Pc-Na
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how comfortable you are in avoiding/ anticipating/ stopping combos.

If you're great at the above, it's hard to top spinners(fb)/ bright throats, shadowrend in my opinion. Back bar can be willpower, masters, brp, etc.

I recommend tristat glyphs and protective jewelry. You should have around 24k hp, 36k magicka, 3.5k spell dmg, 1600 recovery plus drain and focus.

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

If you're great at the above, it's hard to top spinners(fb)/ bright throats, shadowrend in my opinion. Back bar can be willpower, masters, brp, etc.

I recommend tristat glyphs and protective jewelry. You should have around 24k hp, 36k magicka, 3.5k spell dmg, 1600 recovery plus drain and focus.

In duels id peg that recov down a bit.
    At least if you are breton 1200-1300 should be fine.
    You can use double bloody mara for extra mag/hp and less recov.
    Edited by Firstmep on June 16, 2019 9:38PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

You could easily go with something other than witch mothers. Im high elf and the goal is to only heavy attack IF i want to take advantage of off balance mag return. 1600 is just btb with wm. 1200 would have heavy attacking involved which is awful for a mag class in duels.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You could easily go with something other than witch mothers. Im high elf and the goal is to only heavy attack IF i want to take advantage of off balance mag return. 1600 is just btb with wm. 1200 would have heavy attacking involved which is awful for a mag class in duels.

On high elf maybe. On breton you really dont need more than 1300, no heavy attacking.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On high elf maybe. On breton you really dont need more than 1300, no heavy attacking.

If you want to fill up the tank, you might still want 1600 recovery on Breton. Im not far off with imperial on the cost reduction, and I can tell you 1400 can be low at times.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I duel alot and can easily get by with 1200 rec on a Breton.
    Especially now with toppling always procing off balance. But I guess it's a preference thing.
    For duels I switch between overwhelming/btb,
    spinner/btb, overwhelming/am, spinners/am.
    I always use shadowrend.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on June 17, 2019 11:45AM
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    What is « am » set?
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    And wich set should I run back bar
    Pc-Na
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You use armor master on your magplar? What's your shield get to?
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You use armor master on your magplar? What's your shield get to?

Almost 9 k in the spinners/am setup. Infinite sustain vs magicka classes and I still got the damage to kill most people even without either solar barrage or vampires bane which I usually run on my non shield builds.

The build with btb and spinners you play is one of the best but I found that vs sorc and magnbs which was my weak points the harness and armor master build is really strong.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on June 17, 2019 5:27PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shawdorend/necro/crafty or shacklebreaker... dmg up FTW
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also get away with running shackle/spinners/zaan. It melts people. And in a 1v1, you really don't need a lot of survivability, it's easier to just avoid damage or burst before they burst.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    You can also get away with running shackle/spinners/zaan. It melts people. And in a 1v1, you really don't need a lot of survivability, it's easier to just avoid damage or burst before they burst.

I always bust first
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Can spinner back bar with bright throat and zaan can be a good option ?
    Pc-Na
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maxdevil wrote: »
    Can spinner back bar with bright throat and zaan can be a good option ?

If your back bar is where u do damage, sure. Lol
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I always bust first

Yeah, with Zaan in a 1v1, the pressure it adds is too good. And if you run toppling, you can stay right on top of your opponent. In 1vX situations, Zaan loses a bit of its strength imo and you end up better served with raw stats, or a set like balorgh that buffs all of your damage.
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Can vma resto be useful in some situation?
    Pc-Na
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Especially now with toppling always procing off balance. But I guess it's a preference thing.
    I always use shadowrend.

Using Overwhelming in duels is like using Troll King, Meridia's Blessed, or any other cheese set. It's a crutch. Not something you should use in duels if you want to be taken seriously.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    I always use shadowrend.

Using Overwhelming in duels is like using Troll King, Meridia's Blessed, or any other cheese set. It's a crutch. Not something you should use in duels if you want to be taken seriously.

Tournament legal according to every ruleset I’ve seen, where TK, Meridia, Zaans, Sloads etc. are always banned.

But everyone has a different idea of what they consider cheese.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always use shadowrend.

Tournament legal according to every ruleset I’ve seen, where TK, Meridia, Zaans, Sloads etc. are always banned.

Just posting what i know from my experience. When i started playing magplar i was using Wizard's Riposte and Overwhelming. The amount of times i was called out for using Overwhelming is beyond counting. I've even heard people mention your name in Overwhelming discussions. Idk if it's allowed or not, but people definitely don't like it.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of interesting builds: which one would suit no cp best?
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always use shadowrend.

Just posting what i know from my experience. When i started playing magplar i was using Wizard's Riposte and Overwhelming. The amount of times i was called out for using Overwhelming is beyond counting. I've even heard people mention your name in Overwhelming discussions. Idk if it's allowed or not, but people definitely don't like it.

If anything shadowrend is a bigger problem.
    Dont notice much difference switching from overwhelming to spinners when it comes to 1v1 except for all the nbs tears when it breaks them out of stealth.😂😂
    Of course if we talk about dueling tournaments there's alot of rules like banning stealth or bubble etc so the setup I use in wayrest would be considered cancerous in a tournie (mainly because of shadowrend and armormaster).
    The duels on eu outside of tournaments is for the most part anything goes so why gimp yourself by playing fair if others don't.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on June 30, 2019 12:47PM
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always use shadowrend.

It's not a crutch people just cry PROCS. If it's a crutch we might as well ban skoria and any damage proc set.

The thing people don't understand is these big dueling tournaments ARE WON BY CHEESE. It's just hard to pick up sometimes, it's not the "crutch" people talk about but cheese regardless.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As said in the title I’m searching a good combination for 1vs1 pvp with cp

1x Cheat Engine
    1x ESO Ninja
    5 to 20 x Multi combo Macros.

GG Easy wins pretty much covers all your bases and will win most of your PvP engagements.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve tested many magplar setups and the one that I’ve had the most success with as a more generalist build is Innate Axiom/Overwhelming Surge/Shadowrend. For a dedicated dueling setup I would sub in Julianos for Innate axiom since the max stam 4 piece isn’t as important in 1v1.

If you’re averse to proc sets you can use spinners for overwhelming, OS contributes about 8% of my total damage (according to combat metrics) and spinners is about a 6% damage increase so it not a big loss.

Replacing shadowrend is harder since all the good defensive monster sets are banned except for bloodspawn and all the offensive ones are just other proc sets. You could run slimecraw, I guess.

5L 2H
    Lightning Staff/S&B
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tons you can do successfully since we aren't restrained to shields. Being a good plar is harder than being a good sorc/ magblade imo.
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve tested many magplar setups and the one that I’ve had the most success with as a more generalist build is Innate Axiom/Overwhelming Surge/Shadowrend. For a dedicated dueling setup I would sub in Julianos for Innate axiom since the max stam 4 piece isn’t as important in 1v1.

If you’re averse to proc sets you can use spinners for overwhelming, OS contributes about 8% of my total damage (according to combat metrics) and spinners is about a 6% damage increase so it not a big loss.

Replacing shadowrend is harder since all the good defensive monster sets are banned except for bloodspawn and all the offensive ones are just other proc sets. You could run slimecraw, I guess.

5L 2H
    Lightning Staff/S&B

With scale breaker patch overwhelming will change a bit Overwhelming Surge:
    OLD: When you activate a Class ability, you have a 15% chance to surround yourself in a torrent that deals 1892 Shock Damage to the closest enemy within 12 meters every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
    NEW: When you deal damage with a Class ability, you have a 33% chance to surround yourself with a torrent that deals 1040 Shock Damage to enemies within 12 meters of you every 1 second for 6 seconds. 15% of the damage you deal this way is restored to you as Magicka. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

I think that spinners will be better than surge for next patch
    Pc-Na
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I misspelled lol
    Pc-Na
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5L 2H
    Lightning Staff/S&B

With scale breaker patch overwhelming will change a bit Overwhelming Surge:
    OLD: When you activate a Class ability, you have a 15% chance to surround yourself in a torrent that deals 1892 Shock Damage to the closest enemy within 12 meters every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
    NEW: When you deal damage with a Class ability, you have a 33% chance to surround yourself with a torrent that deals 1040 Shock Damage to enemies within 12 meters of you every 1 second for 6 seconds. 15% of the damage you deal this way is restored to you as Magicka. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

I think that spinners will be better than surge for next patch

As per your previous discussions in this thread about races and mag recovery, that change will certainly afford you the chance to run lower recovery but not by much (at a guess), worth looking at what kind of return you get from 15%

You'll have to decide that.

IMO the strongest templar duel builds atm run shadowrend and masters lightning to use clench as a spammable, with spinners/necro/crafty and then whatever backbar set you like.

That's changing as well though so again it's going to be a wait and see job, you're better just building on the BuildEditor and seeing what you like the look of, then just trying them out against friends.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good magplar can duel with 750 regen. Takes a lot of practice. It also takes damage stacking as opposed to mitigation. Which also means more knowledge on when you need to backbar to heal and not stay backbar. Damage stacking helps get phat honor the dead hits too. Meaning you dont stay backbarred and get to utilize the rediculous tooltips on your skills. My 5300 puncturing sweeps tool tip for example. Or almost 20k crescent sweep tooltip.