The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

7 x Notable Homes and only 2 do not have option buy for gold.

Futerko
Futerko
✭✭✭✭✭
I wonder why all big houses have option : buy for crown and gold, beside The Orbservatory Prior and Earthtear Cavern ?
its a bug and someone forget to add this option to this house?

1. Coldharbour Surreal Estate - crown / gold
2. Daggerfall Overlook - crown / gold
3. Earthtear Cavern - crown only
4. Ebonheart Chateau - crown/gold
5. Hakkvild's High Hall - crown/gold
6. Serenity Fall Estate - crown/gold
7. The Observatory Prior - crown only

There's any chance for add option: buy for gold in future plsssss?

giphy.gif

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthtear and the observatory were initially added as limited time houses, when they added them permanently they didn’t bother adding a gold option.

Probably zero chance they’ll add a gold option. They want people to buy crowns to get more money to add more new crown only stuff to the crown store instead of fixing the game...
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Futerko wrote: »
    I wonder why all big houses have option : buy for crown and gold, beside The Orbservatory Prior and Earthtear Cavern ?

Actually, Crowns only seems to be prevalent for Notable homes. Moreover, most are time limited, avavailable only on a handful of occasions every year. Let me list the remaining manor sized (350/700 item slots) homes you don't see for sale permanently below, sourced from the ESO Fashion website:
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/homes-list/

Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Crowns only
    Grand Psijic Villa - free, time limited event in 2018
    Grand Topal Hideway - Crowns only
    Hunter's Glade - Crowns only
    Lake Xanmeer Manor - Crowns only
    Linchal Grand Manor - Crowns only
    Pariah's PInnacle - Crowns only
    Princely Danwlight Palace - Crowns only
    Tel Galen Tower - Crowns only
    The Erstwhile Sanctuary - Crowns only
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »

Actually, Crowns only seems to be prevalent for Notable homes. Moreover, most are time limited, avavailable only on a handful of occasions every year. Let me list the remaining manor sized (350/700 item slots) homes you don't see for sale permanently below, sourced from the ESO Fashion website:

Don’t forget the free one from Elsweyr
    Hall of the lunar champion - free from Elsweyr main quest, but rooms locked behind stone tablets locked behind the next two DLCs (pretty sure this ones listed as notable anyway)
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget the free one from Elsweyr
    Hall of the lunar champion - free from Elsweyr main quest, but rooms locked behind stone tablets locked behind the next two DLCs (pretty sure this ones listed as notable anyway)

I haven't gotten to playing Elsweyr yet, so I wasn§T certain whether the home was available already or not. :)
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Long story short: the Homestead update launched with gold purchasable homes but as time went by more and more crown-exclusive houses were added. They didn't forget to add a gold purchase option, they purposefully didn't. The last DLC home that was purchasable with gold was Hakkvild's High Hall (from 2017 August) - all others are crown only (e.g. the Clockwork style Observatory, the Brotherhood style Sanctuary, the Murkmire style Xanmeer, the Orc style Pinnacle, the Hew's Bane Palace, etc...), as Watchdog and Akula pointed out. :disappointed:

And it's not just big houses. The Exorcised Coven Cottage event themed house was purchasable with gold, the new Enchanted Snow Globe home was crowns only. The Frostvault Caverns were not a notable either, but were still crowns only. Morrowind launched with 1 free inn and 2 gold-purchasable homes, with 1 crown exclusive added later. Summerset had 1 free inn and 1 gold-purchasable home, with 1 crown-exclusive added later. Elsweyr is the same, except they made the gold one free and locked two wings behind further DLC ownership. So sadly, I don't think they will ever add gold options to those homes.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I'd like to get into housing, between the high crown-exclusive cost of new homes and the crown only furnishings, it is just a giant money pit with vastly limited functionality.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Futerko
    Futerko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »

Yeah you have right and i understand why limited time houses have only purchable crown option :( (more money for zos) but this 2houses: Earthtear Cavern and The Observatory Prior is no limited time offer, so i think it will be a big plus from housing community and generally eso community if they just add option: buy for gold.

Also it would be a good marketing long term action which in the future could give them more money and clean situations to separate 2 section:
    1.No limited offer. Permanently Notable homes: gold/crown both option.
    2. Limited time eclusive offer only buy for crown + add option house as a gift.

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever explained why we can’t gift houses?
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earthtear and the observatory were initially added as limited time houses, when they added them permanently they didn’t bother adding a gold option.

Probably zero chance they’ll add a gold option. They want people to buy crowns to get more money to add more new crown only stuff to the crown store instead of fixing the game...

No, they were never limited time. They were added after Homestead, however, but when they hit the crown store, they were permanent additions, just crown only.

Since Homestead's release, the only notable houses that have been permanently added to the CS that have a gold option are the Coldharbour Surreal Estate, which is just a plot of land, and requires a Coldharbour achievement to buy for gold, and Hakkvild's High Hall, which can only be purchased with gold by getting the achievement for completing both Dragonbones (iirc) dungeons on vet, I believe. Otherwise, you can purchase it with crowns.

Earthtear was the first crowns-only notable home to be added permanently to the CS, and it wasn't too long after Homestead's release. The Orbservatory was the second, which launched around the time of Clockwork City's release.
    heaven13 wrote: »
    As much as I'd like to get into housing, between the high crown-exclusive cost of new homes and the crown only furnishings, it is just a giant money pit with vastly limited functionality.

There are still plenty of houses that you can purchase with gold. Plus, there are lots of furnishings you can craft in-game (though you have to hunt down the plans) or purchase from other players in-game. Plus there's the luxury vendor and achievement vendors and home goods vendors - all for gold.

But, it is frustrating that most new homes and some of the really cool furniture are locked behind crowns. And, that home functionality is pretty limited.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 18, 2019 4:49PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    heaven13 wrote: »

There are still plenty of houses that you can purchase with gold. Plus, there are lots of furnishings you can craft in-game (though you have to hunt down the plans) or purchase from other players in-game. Plus there's the luxury vendor and achievement vendors and home goods vendors - all for gold.

But, it is frustrating that most new homes and some of the really cool furniture are locked behind crowns. And, that home functionality is pretty limited.
    That's true. I've actually got one (Gardner) for my main. My initial plan was that each of my characters would own their own house, decorated to suit their personalities. My crafter also has learned a good portion of furnishing plans; it's mostly just my bitterness regarding the crown aspect and I can admit that. As you said, a lot of the nice furniture is locked behind crowns and a decent portion of that is highly expensive. We're talking DLC pricing here for a single item of furniture. It's just frustrating, especially when one looks at housing as a whole. I'll probably still finish Gardner but not sure how my effort I will put into all my other characters.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nope, no official explanation.

My guess is:

1. Many of the homes require certain achievements to purchase, and Customer Service can't verify these before adding a home to someone's inventory.
    2. Same reason ZOS doesn't allow us to purchase homes/furniture packs outside of limited time windows - they don't like taking our money. *shrug*
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, no official explanation.

My guess is:

1. Many of the homes require certain achievements to purchase, and Customer Service can't verify these before adding a home to someone's inventory.
    2. Same reason ZOS doesn't allow us to purchase homes/furniture packs outside of limited time windows - they don't like taking our money. *shrug*

1. That is absolutely not true for houses purchased in the Crown Store

My guess is, that houses can be quite expensive Crowns-wise, and if the person who is gifted a house already owns it, the gifter would be stuck with an expensive package he or she could not exchange back for Crowns. Solving such issues could be tiresome for the support, even if they flatly denied any such requests for refund.