The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How much do you read & enjoy other people's fanfic?

worrallj
worrallj
✭✭✭✭✭
Also please comment with your favorites (and no posting your own!)

How much do you read & enjoy other people's fanfic? 7 votes

I don't like fan fic
0%
I like the idea, except all Elder Scrolls players are crap authors
0%
I generally don't like it, but I've found a gem or two that I've read all the way through
28%
Gilvoth2Weenies 2 votes
I've found a modest collection of good reads
71%
VulsahdaalDutchessxGrianasteriIhsan997felislykos 5 votes
I like a lot of Elder Scrolls fanfic and read it regularly
0%
I stopped playing ESO to give myself more time to read fan fic
0%
Reading is for library people.
0%
  • 2Weenies
    2Weenies
    ✭✭✭
    I generally don't like it, but I've found a gem or two that I've read all the way through
    I'm personally a bit picky, hence my vote, but I've seen some good things here and there. Unfortunately, none I can remember off the top of my head or even dig out of the ancient sites and dead forums that hosted them, but I can give a basic gist of their stories:

1) Oblivion-era fanfic involving the banning of necromancy from the Mage's Guild and one student's teeter-tottering between being a good student and an ambitious mage. Was never finished, but I like to personally think he ended up a necromancer and had a rather unhappy ending, due to the grim themes constantly explored.

2) ESO-era fanfic involving an Imperial gal trying to get into the Imperial Legion, but her father won't let her. Kinda literally basically the plot of Mulan, but it was written rather nicely.
    "We're watching you, scum." ~ Every Ordinator who witnesses my social media commentary
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is the 'other' option? I can't vote because my reason for not reading fanfic doesn't fit any of your choices.

I am old and my eyesight isn't what it used to be. Reading lengthy online print is difficult, at best, and headache-inducing, at worst. I would enjoy reading some of it that I've seen but I just can't.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️