The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't login to ESO account created in 2014, don't remember security question answer

porkinsrevenge
porkinsrevenge
Soul Shriven
I created my ESO account in February of 2014 to participate in the Beta, and have played again with a free weekend code in 2015. I have recently purchased the game and unfortunately am unable to remember my old password, or the answer to my security question, which were both created so long ago. I have submitted 2 tickets regarding this issue. After the first ticket was submitted, I never received a confirmation email,. The following night, thinking that maybe I did something wrong in the process the first time and it didn't submit correctly, I decided to login to the Bethesda site while submitting the ticket, and ensured I was logged in on the page with the form to fill out, but when I checked My Support, it said I had no tickets. I never received any confirmation email for the second ticket either.

The reference number for the most recent ticket is 190612-008530.

Thank you Devs in advance for any assistance you can provide!
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @porkinsrevenge can you let me know if you get this worked out? I'm in the same boat on one of my accounts.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • porkinsrevenge
    porkinsrevenge
    Soul Shriven
    @hiyde - Of course!
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, my girlfriend is having similar issues and I would also like to be updated on your situation od you would be so kind. Thanks!
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • porkinsrevenge
    porkinsrevenge
    Soul Shriven
    @hiyde , @MjolnirVilkas

For those replying on this discussion, and any reading this in passing, the support team was able to help me with this issue.

1. I used the SUPPORT link in the top left of the header.
    2. Then I navigated to the Account Recovery link.
    3. I selected "I can't log in" from the drop down, and filled out all the information to the best of my ability. It's important to note that you are not required to have all the answers, especially since the secret question answer is one of the required fields.

Be sure to leave any additional details in the comments of the ticket that would assist in verifying your account.

I received an email reply with instructions to resolve the issue.

To provide a time frame for my ticket response:
    Date Created: 06/11/2019 08:55 PM
    Date Last Updated: 06/14/2019 10:53 AM

Be patient and understand that they are doing the best they can to serve a large community.
    Thanks to the support team for the quick resolution and good luck to all those with this issue!
    Edited by porkinsrevenge on June 14, 2019 11:43PM
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update! I'm happy your issue is resolved and have fun in Tamriel!
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)