Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Versatile Stam Class/Race for easy dps/tank swapping?

JestersRevenge
I'd like to level a single stamina class that would allow for some relatively easy swapping between dps and tanking, and is relatively easy to learn/forgiving. Unfortunately my play time is limited and I don't have the time to level many alts. My main is currently a Templar healer and I'm (mostly) enjoying dungeon runs and loving Cyrodiil.

1) Eventually I'd like to run as a tank in PvE and maybe some sort of defile/debuff tank in PvP. I peels for healz.
2) I'm a complete noob with Stam and my two hander skills are currently garbage. I may need to rely more on class skills until I get better.
3) I've been thinking about the racial resource passives of the Orc, Imperial, and Redguard and it seems like what triggers those are single class/weapon abilities as opposed to Stamplar jabs or DK dots. Is that worth considering in a versatile race?

Thank you, appreciate any feedback.
Characters are all some variation of Whiskey or Jiu-Jitsu...

Best Answer

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, what I meant was easy enough to swap armor, skills, and resource points rather than actually being able to do both at once. And a class that's a little more beginner friendly.

Any thoughts on race that compliments both dps and tanking? Thank you.

If you're just looking at class and race then, honestly, I'd choose whatever you prefer most for flavor. Stats are all relatively equally effective for all classes, and even if they weren't, the meta has a high probability of flipping things on their head. Always has, always will. I tank on a khajiit magicka nightblade, for example, and it's a lot more effective than people might give it credit, even though no high level player in their right mind would consider that ideal.

If you really want a concrete answer though, I think Warden is by far the most beginner friendly and simple to build class. Tanking is as simple as throwing on a few ice skills and pumping up your health as high as it'll go, if you don't want to bother with high level theorycrafting, and and I've seen more than a few crazy high dps wardens with bows and pets from the animal companions tree. Sorcerer is a solid choice if you don't have warden unlocked. Race you'll probably be best served by something like a Redguard. Any race is solid, but Redguards have always been good with stamina builds, if not the best race for stamina builds period.
    Edited by Marginis on June 17, 2019 5:24PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Answer ✓
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're erring on the side of easy over effective, try making a 1H+Shield tank that can swap to a dps bar - I usually have a 2H for versatility or a bow for range, but ultimately anything works well enough. Your dps will be relatively low, but you'll be able to tank with relative ease even in higher level content.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • JestersRevenge
    Sorry, what I meant was easy enough to swap armor, skills, and resource points rather than actually being able to do both at once. And a class that's a little more beginner friendly.

Any thoughts on race that compliments both dps and tanking? Thank you.
    Characters are all some variation of Whiskey or Jiu-Jitsu...
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial dragonknight
  • Llaren_Uvayn
    Llaren_Uvayn
    ✭✭✭
    An orc sorcerer woud work too I think.
    PS4 / EU

Sadryn Hlervu: Warden tank
    Llaren Uvayn: Templar healer and faithful Tribunal servant
    Ashanabi Addunipu: Ashlander mercinary from the grazelands
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say DK, Altough I'm biased since dks are my absolute favorite class. But they are fun as hell in PvP, are still the best tanks and good for dps.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also suggest DK.

If on PC, use Alpha Gear to readily swap skills and gear.