Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

No More Crown Crates

FixedBlade123
FixedBlade123
✭✭✭
I've purchased 45 crown crates over the past couple of months. All I got were potions, dyes, a couple of emotes, etc. No good stuff whatsoever. Waste of money. Won't waste anymore. There should be at least one cool item hidden in a 15 crate buy.
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    I've purchased 45 crown crates over the past couple of months. All I got were potions, dyes, a couple of emotes, etc. No good stuff whatsoever. Waste of money. Won't waste anymore. There should be at least one cool item hidden in a 15 crate buy.

Their next crates coming garuntee a high grade item. But I personally feel getting crate items should not be limited to crates
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stpdmonkey wrote: »

Their next crates coming garuntee a high grade item. But I personally feel getting crate items should not be limited to crates

Where does it say that? I know we are getting one crate in the dailies like that, but I must have missed any announcement that the new crate season was entirely going to be like that.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Oboros or.whatever they are called it states in the view of the crate. Only 3 cards but yeah. It's been a few days since I saw it but it did state that
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wrong those are twitch crates only not going to be for sale at the moment
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only contents you're guaranteed with crown crates is consumables. If you are buying them assuming you'll get anything other than that, your seeing your own false expectations. Anything outside of consumables is a rare chance. And should never be assumed that you'll will receive those rare chance items.
  • Ashaerien
    Ashaerien
    ✭✭✭

Where does it say that? I know we are getting one crate in the dailies like that, but I must have missed any announcement that the new crate season was entirely going to be like that.

I don't believe it's the entire season, however, if you look on the daily login reward chart, the upcoming crown crate for free one day says it guarantees a high-value item.

I think the person I'm quoting misunderstood one free item for being an entire season.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oboros or.whatever they are called it states in the view of the crate. Only 3 cards but yeah. It's been a few days since I saw it but it did state that

This person is confusing the free "preview" crate for the upcoming Bandaari Pedlar Crates season (which we will be receiving from the daily log-in rewards, and which gives 3 cards, with a guarantee of a "high value item") with the free Ouroboros Crates from the Twitch drops (which guarantee almost nothing of value unless you really like Crown consumables or happen to get one of the two exceedingly rare drops, for the senche cub pet or the senche mount).
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waste of money.

Many had already come to this conclusion when the crates were first introduced in 2017.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    that all i got too just potions and poisons such a waste. if they made them more rich in return people would tell everyone and they would sell more but ZoS doesn't understand at all how people work imo.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The daily login rewards crate is called a 'Preview Crate: Baandari Pedlar' and has a 'selection of items' in its description. This 'Preview Crate' with a draw of 3 cards and a guaranteed high-value item is entirely new and will likely be the promotional hook for their new season - which should be regular Baandari Pedlar Crown Crates, not these high-yield Preview Crates.

Ouroboros Crates are a Twitch Drop reward only, and 99.9% of their contents are low-value consumables for that very same reason (because they're just free fluff for watching videos lol). They're good for collecting crown gems though, and they have an exremely low chance to drop a rare mount or pet but don't expect anything good to drop from them.

That said, don't expect anything good to drop from the normal Crown Crates either :tongue: There are some player-collected drop rate statistics online and the chances of getting the item you want are abysmal. It's a good thing that we can extract gems from useless consumables, but gambling crates are always there to ensure that the house always wins. :wink:
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Scam crates are always a scam.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those "no good stuff" can be converted to crown gems to spend in the special store. Did you do that? 45 Crown Crates should have given you quite a lot.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 15, 2019 9:41AM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If some people are silly enough to buy crates, well, why shouldn't those of us who don't relax in the knowledge that this game is getting a good income?

End of the day, what am I actually missing out on by not having those Apex/Radiant Apex rewards? Last I checked the free lvl 10 horse has exactly the same stats as any "top tier" mount. Same goes for anything in-between.

Like I've stated before, the only reason people want the Apex/Radiant Apex is because you can't "just buy them."

Like it or not, it's clearly a very successful business strategy.

Unlike some, I have nothing against the gambling element, and I do see it as gambling. But I'm an adult. If I decide I want to gamble, then I want that decision to be my choice. Note, my choice is usually to not buy. Did make an exception for the Xanmeer ESO+ sale, admittedly.

Before anyone comes in with "but children are vulnerable..."

I don't care about other people's kids. If a parent can't protect their own bank account from their own kid then they need to revise their strategy for raising a child. Please don't take away my choices because of the ineptitude of others.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    The only contents you're guaranteed with crown crates is consumables. If you are buying them assuming you'll get anything other than that, your seeing your own false expectations. Anything outside of consumables is a rare chance. And should never be assumed that you'll will receive those rare chance items.

Good to know. That means my decision to not buy any more is a good one. I make my own consumables which are much better than the ones offered in the crates. Oh well ... lesson learned.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Those "no good stuff" can be converted to crown gems to spend in the special store. Did you do that? 45 Crown Crates should have given you quite a lot.

At $35.00 real dollars vs. a handful of crown gems -- the trade-off is a loss for me (and anyone else drawn into the hope of "cool stuff"). I would have to buy well over $100 in crates to get a mount. Not worth it! Like I said earlier ... lesson learned and my decision to keep my real dollars is a good one.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Not all of it can be traded back for gems. Any costumes, hats, tattoos, nose rings, earrings, pets, any stuff not a "consumable" can NOT be traded back. You can trade back dyes, potions, poisons etc, but the other stuff is instantly stuck in your collectibles forever.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I bought one crate pack once and decided to never do it again. 15 Dwarven crates to be exact, it was right after I returned to the game after a break and I love Dwarven stuff. And funny thing is I'd gladly drop some money on the items in crates here and there if I could just outright buy them. I just hoard gems from free crates and get myself some lower tier items from time to time. But no cool mounts for me. Maybe I'll have enough for that spider in the new ones but I'm still 70 gems short and it doesn't seem well get any more drops this month.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I've stated before, the only reason people want the Apex/Radiant Apex is because you can't "just buy them."

Actually, most players want them because cosmetics are the real endgame, and almost every time I've seen an apex or radiant mount, it's been carefully coordinated with the equipped character's outfit/coloration. I always make this distinction, because I don't think whales in this game are particularly driven by exclusivity alone; mounts and pets are a big part of the costume, so... There we go. Also why they only make the "coolest" stuff Radiant or gem-purchase-only, instead of just any old trash recolors.

I agree with everything else, though; people need to let it go. It's lucrative for ZoS to keep this model; people keep buying the stuff, and even if it wasn't in crates, pretty much nobody would be able to afford what they'd like to charge (or be able to complete the content required to get it in-game). And children shouldn't even be playing; so don't expect the devs to babysit kids because the parents are too busy to keep an eye on what their munchkins are playing.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's why it's gambling. Guarantees do not make a gamble, crossing your fingers and hoping for a slim chance to pay off is. And that's why I generally don't buy them, because it's always better to buy a sure thing than gamble on a maybe, especially if you are one of the people cursed by the RNG and you know it. Hope does not spring eternal, sometimes it dies a horrible messy death.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭

Unlike some, I have nothing against the gambling element, and I do see it as gambling. But I'm an adult. If I decide I want to gamble, then I want that decision to be my choice. Note, my choice is usually to not buy. Did make an exception for the Xanmeer ESO+ sale, admittedly.

I don't care about other people's kids. If a parent can't protect their own bank account from their own kid then they need to revise their strategy for raising a child. Please don't take away my choices because of the ineptitude of others.

Preach.

As an adult, playing an 18+ game, I expect to be able to do things like gamble if I choose to.

• Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crates - UGHH! Will never buy again.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Tulare_Verlaris
    Tulare_Verlaris
    ✭✭✭
    Only way to send a message is stop buying them.

Until people do that nothing will change. They are a purely predatory ripoff.

Like the 6000 Crown Dro M'Athra Motif currently in the "Rip Off Store" ..LOL.
    Still in the queue, spamming "F"...
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys! Don't call them crown crates! They are called SURPRISE MECHANICS! Know your lootbox terminology, jeez!
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emathides wrote: »

Preach.

As an adult, playing an 18+ game, I expect to be able to do things like gamble if I choose to.

As an adult I'd still prefer to outright buy the stuff I want instead of this rng scam.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scam crates are always a scam.

They're not a scam at all. If you're insisted on buying, what is essentially a loot box, then you should know what you're getting yourself in for - pain, and a complete waste of money.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont you like your suprise mechanics?
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭

If some people are silly enough to buy crates, well, why shouldn't those of us who don't relax in the knowledge that this game is getting a good income?

End of the day, what am I actually missing out on by not having those Apex/Radiant Apex rewards? Last I checked the free lvl 10 horse has exactly the same stats as any "top tier" mount. Same goes for anything in-between.

Exactly! Someone gets it!

It’s just a matter of choice, and even though the mounts look different than one another, they ALL have the same functionality.
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    esp1992 wrote: »

Exactly! Someone gets it!

It’s just a matter of choice, and even though the mounts look different than one another, they ALL have the same functionality.

Looks are part of functionality. If they weren't we wouldn't for example dress in different outfits for different occasions. This is a scheme to make people spend more than they'd otherwise be willing to. It's apparent, but it doesn't make it particularly user friendly and walls off those who'd be happy to spend but don't have THAT much of disposable income.
    Edited by Michae on June 24, 2019 6:53AM
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Coolits
    Coolits
    ✭✭✭

Yup a complete waste of money. You're as well giving Zenimax back the crowns than buying them.

• FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    Emathides wrote: »

Preach.

As an adult I'd still prefer to outright buy the stuff I want instead of this rng scam.

I agree with this statement. Make all mounts, all motifs, all extra stuff and fluff available in the crown store. People will buy what they want and leave the rest. ZOS would likely make more money than they already do if they actually accommodated what their customers actually want.

I won't buy another crown crate but I'd be willing to buy certain gear or mounts that I found "cool."