Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wood Elf/ Bosmer losing stealth passive, An open letter.

• Alucardmike
    Alucardmike
    ✭✭✭
    OsManiaC wrote: »
    maybe they make special bosmer DLC, where we can hunt and eat well --- you know - #justbosmerthings.

There are not many regions left...
    Only a falinesti DLC could work, but it would be to much for the engine, I think...
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe they make special bosmer DLC, where we can hunt and eat well --- you know - #justbosmerthings.

Hopefully. But from the looks of it, that won't come before Q2 2020, as Q1 is almost certainly going to be yet another dungeon DLC and the rest of the season of the dragon is already set in stone. We can only hope that in Pelletine the jungle allows for more sneakiness and that ZOS addresses our problems by then. The dragon guard will probably take the main focus of that DLC, so we'll probably not get that awesome new stealth system that's supposed to fix everything.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are not many regions left...
    Only a falinesti DLC could work, but it would be to much for the engine, I think...

Not if Falinesti is outside of Tamriel and won't return during our visit there. Then it would just be like Artaeum and Clockwork City.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be more perfect if instead of that epic fail video, you used the Elder Scrolls "Destruction 100" meme

Maybe tweaking it to say "Lore Destruction 100"
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best I could do on one cup of coffee :)

JBPEXBZ.jpg
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how the closest I've come to purchase Elsweyr over all this is the special deal Elder Scrolls Legends offers for ESO players. Now I am tempted to buy Elsweyr not because of ESO but because of another game, which actually hasn't been messing with TES lore at all so far.

ZOS should be glad they have others covering their backs for them. I still won't resub though until that's fixed. I recently sold like 40 furnishing plans, so my inventory management is going well even without ESO+.
    Give Bosmer their stealth back and you can count on my money again!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

JBPEXBZ.jpg

I like that Idea.

I started expanding on it a bit.

48050725886_2bf571dbd7_b.jpg

If anyone has some ideas on how to fill out the rest of the "stars" let me know. I will try to get back to it tomorrow.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fast orcs (should be a low one it's kinda minor).

Archery combat bonuses for Imperials, Redguards, Dunmer, and Orcs -- but none for Bosmer.

Maybe:
    The Nord alliance with the Dunmer, too. I remember being surprised the Nords have given up Solstheim after the Red Year since that was a relationship that had always been strained.

Dragons everywhere.

Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

JBPEXBZ.jpg

I like that Idea.

If anyone has some ideas on how to fill out the rest of the "stars" let me know. I will try to get back to it tomorrow.

Is it a burning book? Awesome! :D
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, the first one at the bottom has to be 'no jungles in Cyrodiil.'
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Taloros
    Taloros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Met a new player who had his character a bosmer, probably not knowing that he had picked a race with questionable passives. Made me a little sad.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh would you look at that. FudgeMuppet made a video on Bosmer. And what does he say at 5:07 ?
    Bosmer are also known for being very quick, nimble and agile and more specifically, very stealthy and also natural born archers.
    It gets even more juicy at 8:47 about the rite of theft. Sadly the forest coupling is not mentioned, but then again we haven't really seen it in any of the games (possibly because it's impossible to implement).

If you are wondering why this is relevant, well FudgeMuppet is a TES lore channel but focusing more on Skyrim and TESVI speculations. Although he uses ESO lore for some of his videos (sometimes even letting it shine through when it's not making much sense), it's pretty clear he doesn't play the game. So he's pretty much an outside view unaffected by the balance decisions taken by ZOS and ESO's patch history. If he can recognize that Woodelfs are stealthy and we can recognize that Woodelfs are stealthy, then why can't ZOS?
    Edited by Ratzkifal on June 15, 2019 4:41PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

JBPEXBZ.jpg

I like that Idea.

Doing Yfrre’s work, bless you children.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KuT5h7IzliA

Oh would you look at that. FudgeMuppet made a video on Bosmer. And what does he say at 5:07 ?
    Bosmer are also known very quick, nimble and agile and more specifically, very stealthy and also natural born archers.
    It gets even more juicy at 8:47 about the rite of theft. Sadly the forest coupling is not mentioned, but then again we haven't really seen it in any of the games (possibly because it's impossible to implement).

If you are wondering why this is relevant, well FudgeMuppet is a TES lore channel but focusing more on Skyrim and TESVI speculations. Although he uses ESO lore for some of his videos (sometimes even letting it shine through when it's not making much sense), it's pretty clear he doesn't play the game. So he's pretty much an outside view unaffected by the balance decisions taken by ZOS and ESO's patch history. If he can recognize that Woodelfs are stealthy and we can recognize that Woodelfs are stealthy, then why can't ZOS?

Edit: How do you make the thumbnail and video appear in here and not just the URL?

If it's from youtube just put [ youtube ] video id [ / youtube ] around it (get rid of spaces)
    Edited by anadandy on June 15, 2019 2:29AM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @anadandy

Thanks! I got it now :3
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TelvanniWizard You noticed! I thought it was too subtle. :D

Sorry I could not get back to it yesterday. There was an emergency at work.

Here is the latest version.

48061465227_f430afd6ff_o.jpg

Changes from previous version;

• Added suggestions from @Cundu_Ertur
    • Changed font sizes slightly for better readability.
    • Added Lore Destruction description on the bottom.

I went through it (quickly) to check for spelling etc, let me know if I missed anything. I am open to any changes, but I am trying to keep it in the style of the source material so nothing too long.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    "Redguards aren't best swordsmen"

I mean through all games we heard that Redguards have exceptional melee martial skill, notably higher then other races, but now they are clearly behind Orcs and Dunmers which is strange imo.

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^

I mean through all games we heard that Redguards have exceptional melee martial skill, notably higher then other races, but now they are clearly behind Orcs and Dunmers which is strange imo.

Redguards are best with weapons in general, with a huge emphesis on swords
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    ^

Yes, best with melee bladed weapons like swords, scimitars, axes. But not with bows and magic staves.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    ^

Yes, best with melee bladed weapons like swords, scimitars, axes. But not with bows and magic staves.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Redguard_(Arena)
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Redguard_(Daggerfall)
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Redguard_(Morrowind)
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Redguard_(Oblivion)
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Redguard_(Skyrim)

All of these state at the very least more proficient with weapons if not the best at them and did not exclude bows/staves. They also suggest an emphasis on swords/blades. Not to mention the lack of poison resistance in which the main article states
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Redguard

Edit: If combat were a grading scale, Redguards would score straight As at all weapons with a big A+ on swords. I can agree that they will score lower with magic due to their weariness of magic in general. Bosmers would easily get top grades with an A+ at bows, Altmer with staves and so on.
    Edited by JobooAGS on June 14, 2019 3:48PM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Redguards have curved swords.

Curved. Swords.

(Carry on, I really don’t have anything to add to the conversation other than a meme. 🙂)
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭

JBPEXBZ.jpg

I like that Idea.

Is it a burning book? Awesome! :D

Never thought I would ever agree with a Telvanni, but I agree that is awesome ^.=.^
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome work!

Pehaps "Sai Sahan faked his own death 3/3" :D

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh are we coming up with lore trees to compliment Bos' completely lore-friendly changes? How about vegan vampires? They're not allowed in Valenwood obviously, but then again who's going to stop them since we're not stealthy enough to catch them in the act anyway :D
    Edited by thegreatme on June 15, 2019 7:14AM
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks good, Raven.
  • Jordan.nick11b14_ESO
    Jordan.nick11b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Signed. Wood elves (which I loathe) should def. keep their stealth passive. Please don't turn this game into a version of FF14...they have a well earned reputation for nerfing jobs and homogenizing everything. Please keep the races different...
  • wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed. Wood elves (which I loathe) should def. keep their stealth passive. Please don't turn this game into a version of FF14...they have a well earned reputation for nerfing jobs and homogenizing everything. Please keep the races different...

Unfortunately keeping races "different" is part of what got us into this mess. Rather than let Bosmer and Khajiit both be stealthy, in the name of "making races different" they decided that Bosmer should lose stealth and instead become super bland races with no actual flavor outside of "they think they're cats that can gracefully land after a fall" and "think they're Jackie Chan from Drunker Master except without any actual improved martial skills"
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wedgebert wrote: »

Unfortunately keeping races "different" is part of what got us into this mess. Rather than let Bosmer and Khajiit both be stealthy, in the name of "making races different" they decided that Bosmer should lose stealth and instead become super bland races with no actual flavor outside of "they think they're cats that can gracefully land after a fall" and "think they're Jackie Chan from Drunker Master except without any actual improved martial skills"

I think part of the problem, too, is that sneaking was regarded as a bit of fluffy RP garbage that is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things, instead of being regarded (as it should be) as the single most important resource for the Thief archetype playstyle.

edit to add: I think the current batch of devs also failed to appreciate how important the Thief archetype is to the Bosmer, and I suspect they thought that only the Khajiit were ever the thieves; and that of the original Bosmer passives half of them were shared with other races because the original dev team didn't know what they were doing. I bet the devs thought they were doing Bosmer a favor. In some ways they did, but removing all vestiges of stealth gameplay from Bosmer was NOT appropriate and, in my opinion, negates most of the benefitial changes that were made.
    Edited by Cundu_Ertur on June 16, 2019 5:43PM
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    wish someone reached them at E3. 77 pages and no effect
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
This discussion has been closed.