The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dubious Cameron Throne & Witch Mother’s Brew nerf

• IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I can almost guarantee this change occurred because of racial interactions. Races like Breton, Argonian and Redguard were non-competitive because Gold Food essentially invalidated them. Now, this change doesn't validate them, but it does make them more attractive. Races that had zero reason to run Gold Food in PVE now have a distinct stat advantage over those that do have a reason to run it - more max HP and deeper stats.

Much needed nerf IMO.

You understand that Breton is matching or beating other mag races in live right now. There sustain is better than what gold food offers the only real issue was stam orcs that got way too much health giving them crazy stat density in health, stam, damage, and recovery.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I can almost guarantee this change occurred because of racial interactions. Races like Breton, Argonian and Redguard were non-competitive because Gold Food essentially invalidated them. Now, this change doesn't validate them, but it does make them more attractive. Races that had zero reason to run Gold Food in PVE now have a distinct stat advantage over those that do have a reason to run it - more max HP and deeper stats.

Much needed nerf IMO.

Breton was arguably the best race for magicka already before these changes.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »
    Looks like you’ll need to swap in a few HAs for sustain - the way the devs always intended.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unless you're Breton.

And if you're Orc, this nerf isn't a big deal since you were already parsing 2-3k above any other race, and have a free +1000 health.

So the meta devoles into:

Stamina DPS: Orc
    Magicka DPS: Breton

What incredible diversity.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 20, 2019 2:39AM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like you’ll need to swap in a few HAs for sustain - the way the devs always intended.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They did always intend that but they also continued to ensure it was never done because they also buffed LA damage so much that a single heavy attack is too big a DPS loss. Literally any other form of sustain is superior to a HA.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unless you're Breton.

And if you're Orc, this nerf isn't a big deal since you were already parsing 2-3k above any other race, and have a free +1000 health.

So basically ur calling for nerfs instead of reverting food change or buffing other races and if orc is so beastly why do some players who essentially set the meta still run redguard for stam? It boils down to no race is absolutely hands down superior to the others. The racial balance was first of multiple steps to curb power creep elsweyr is bringing the second part balancing classes and setting a baseline set of rules for skills.

I am just as unhappy with food changes as everyone else seems to be. I’m just not gonna claim one race is the reason for this you want the real blame for power creep and ZoS could easily stop the power creep dead. Animation canceling is the problem it was a bug in the programming instead of fixing it they started building the game around that and that’s why we are where we are today with eso.

I know I’m gonna catch flak for that because to many people support animation canceling because they want fast paced combat. If that is really what you want go play an FPS like call of duty. My opinion and yes it is my opinion a lot of these skills look amazing but for the sake of hitting huge dps we animation cancel which in turn taxes the servers having to number crunch faster than it actually should.

Say what you will but animation canceling is the main culprit for many issues within this game just saying.
    Peace I’m out

(MIC Drop)
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unless you're Breton.

So basically ur calling for nerfs instead of reverting food change or buffing other races and if orc is so beastly why do some players who essentially set the meta still run redguard for stam?
    Peace I’m out

(MIC Drop)
    Orcs are OP in PVE by ~1 set bonus above all the races, this is common knowledge. Of course difference in 1 set bonus won't make good dps bad one and vice versa. About meta-creating players, I just checked couple from the top, both on orcs for stamina in recent runs, but of course there might be exceptions, but I doubt there is any reason to use other race then orc for score run when only purpose is to beat the score and that particular toon himself means nothing for that player.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    I'm convinced that some of the changes like this and some of the combat changes are so that folks like me can't solo as much content as I currently do with only crafted gear and/or overland drops.

Edit: and just running a single bar

Didn't read all the posts but I definitely agree with this sentiment. This is what happens when you have folks banging on about how easy the game is. In their head, they are expecting Zos to spend time and resources making more challenging content for them, a minority group.

Never gonna happen.

Instead, devs are going to take the path of least resistance, nerfing the players. Every single time. Much easier and faster to simply change a few lines of code verses redoing entire zones/dungeons/trials/BGmap to accommodate a small number of players who will blast thru that content in no time only to return here asking where's the next one?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    *grabs popcorn* *crying over aprox 300 health and stam intensifies*
    BattleAxe wrote: »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unless you're Breton.

So basically ur calling for nerfs instead of reverting food change or buffing other races and if orc is so beastly why do some players who essentially set the meta still run redguard for stam? It boils down to no race is absolutely hands down superior to the others. The racial balance was first of multiple steps to curb power creep elsweyr is bringing the second part balancing classes and setting a baseline set of rules for skills.

I am just as unhappy with food changes as everyone else seems to be. I’m just not gonna claim one race is the reason for this you want the real blame for power creep and ZoS could easily stop the power creep dead. Animation canceling is the problem it was a bug in the programming instead of fixing it they started building the game around that and that’s why we are where we are today with eso.

I know I’m gonna catch flak for that because to many people support animation canceling because they want fast paced combat. If that is really what you want go play an FPS like call of duty. My opinion and yes it is my opinion a lot of these skills look amazing but for the sake of hitting huge dps we animation cancel which in turn taxes the servers having to number crunch faster than it actually should.

Say what you will but animation canceling is the main culprit for many issues within this game just saying.
    Peace I’m out

(MIC Drop)

Revert food changes, and nerf the HP of orc. They already have plenty of racial passives anyway.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    Casdha wrote: »
    I'm convinced that some of the changes like this and some of the combat changes are so that folks like me can't solo as much content as I currently do with only crafted gear and/or overland drops.

Edit: and just running a single bar

Didn't read all the posts but I definitely agree with this sentiment. This is what happens when you have folks banging on about how easy the game is. In their head, they are expecting Zos to spend time and resources making more challenging content for them, a minority group.

Never gonna happen.

Instead, devs are going to take the path of least resistance, nerfing the players. Every single time. Much easier and faster to simply change a few lines of code verses redoing entire zones/dungeons/trials/BGmap to accommodate a small number of players who will blast thru that content in no time only to return here asking where's the next one?

If you would have read any of my posts you'd see that I support the idea that Group dungeons lowest difficulty setting should be no harder that starting zone group dungeons and any player should have a chance at soloing them for story purposes. I'm trying to make part of the game easier not harder. If I can do it but struggle then it is hard enough. At present those first dungeons are only about half as hard to do solo as VMA (which I still can't do) and that is as hard as any group dungeon on normal (DLCs and all) should be IMHO.

(edit: and before anyone says it, I'm not asking VMA to be nerfed, I can do normal just fine)
    Edit2: to put it in context, Nerfing food is a step in the wrong direction.
    Edited by Casdha on April 21, 2019 2:03PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slot an HP enchant i'm guessing now.
  • spacebandit
    spacebandit
    ✭✭✭
    I like this change for the most part. It would have been better if it was made when class changes were made though, because it effects what class people might have spent their race change on.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this change still going ahead?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    Is this change still going ahead?

Yes, it's in the Elsweyr patch notes.

Some players have just adapted ... since the regen values didn't change (only the max stat values).

Other players have switched to Double Bloody Mara or something similar.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, this particular nerf seems a bit harsh. It makes a noticeable difference.

Edited by Dojohoda on June 14, 2019 8:35PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ruins every build I have. I'm literally shaking right now.
    just kidding
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they buff some of the races passives in health and resources then nerf the most popular foods so they are about they same as before the passives change....

What's the point of all the damn changes then?????

After the passives change and before the food nerf, I was able to wear 7 medium divines on my stamblade and be at 17K health with dubious.

After the food nerf, I had to replace my medium divines head piece with a heavy infused piece with a prismatic rune to get back to 17K which nerfs my damage even more on top of the nerfs they already did.

It's stupid
    Edited by Katahdin on June 4, 2019 6:08PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, just run Bloody Mara on Magicka (and invest in regen somewhere else, like race or jewelry enchants) and Lava Foot on Stamina (and invest in health somewhere else, like attributes or armor enchants). Not sure why they decided to kill off tri-stat regen foods, but we can adapt without any real losses.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on June 4, 2019 6:41PM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really HATE this nerf ruining my healer builds.
    Why am I playing healer? This game always caters about DD, DD, DD, DD ....
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really HATE this nerf ruining my healer builds.
    Why am I playing healer? This game always caters about DD, DD, DD, DD ....

On a Breton healer you can get 34k mag, 20k hp, and 2.4k regen with only blue foods.

Healers were probably the least affected by these changes, and non-Breton, non-Orc DDs got the short stick
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have no Breton healer, and it simply sucks how my healers got worse.
    If only one parameter would have been nerfed,
    but to nerf ALL parameters accross the board feels like crippling this food.

What SUCKS most is having to heavy attack even more now,
    when half of the time heavy mag attacks are BUGGY as hell,
    because then the staff just shudders is despair instead of attacking...

Why are heavy attacks still not reliable for Magicka weapons?
    I never have any issues with Stamina weapons. This is really a Stam game...
    The mag staff problem is going on for years now, and with crippled food it is getting worse.

Edited by BalticBlues on June 5, 2019 5:58PM
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just roll with the punches

I've been playing eso for 5yrs now and before this I played another massive rpgmmo. In my previous rpgmmo the nerfs were real.....I didn't cope so well but by the time I got to play eso and realised the nerf brigade had followed me here I told myself I had to learn to live with it, it wasn't going to go away.

When you anticipate change, you learn to adapt, revive survive.