Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What new mounts do you want to see in future?

• Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This.
    ynlh8moj0gq01.jpg
    Edited by Michae on June 7, 2019 7:41AM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echatere and Haj-Mota are high on my list. I think it's a crime we got new animation skeletons for mounts with extra limbs (spiders,nix-ox) and no freaking Echatere when they were the OG new mount creature players never got. Also the Haj-Mota is a long shot, I know, but the mini-pet does say they're tameable and I want my argonians to see the world atop a giant deadly turtle.

Non-flying Gryphon would also be cool, not gonna lie.

Also, going back to an idea I had several years ago, I propose a mount that is just a tornado made of cliff racers that sucks you up into the air and carries you away. It would make a good April Fools day mount at least.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love "mounts" that transform your character model - turning your character into the mount instead of having some other creature pop up out of nowhere!

My favourite would simply look like the standard werewolf transformation, except you don't get any of the buffs or skills, you just move at mounted speed, and getting dismounted transforms you back.

Other mount transformations that seen cool would be changing into a flock of crows or bats.

Some personalities and mementos make your character float as though casting a magic spell, and it would be amazing to travel at mounted speed like that!
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    Considering Elsweyr, how has nobody said Dragon yet? Obviously we couldn't have a giant dragon mount, but I'm sure some sort of small drake or wingless wurm could make an appearance if ZOS deemed it acceptable. Perhaps a young hatchling?

There is no such thing as a dragon hatchling.

Dragons are just short of divinity. They have no children. They simply are.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something daedra-like that a Xivkyn would be happy to ride. If we can have hist-spitting lizard cats why can't we have azure plasm-spitting daedra cats.

Maybe a little magical cloud that you can conjure, step onto and ride about, slightly above the ground surface. A bit like Marty McFly's hoverboard.

PC EU
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    Considering Elsweyr, how has nobody said Dragon yet? Obviously we couldn't have a giant dragon mount, but I'm sure some sort of small drake or wingless wurm could make an appearance if ZOS deemed it acceptable. Perhaps a young hatchling?

There is no such thing as a dragon hatchling.

Dragons are just short of divinity. They have no children. They simply are.

ZOS can find a way around it - just like they did for the dragon pet or the unicorn mount. The rule of cool usually trumps lore friendliness, but it's rare that there isn't a way to make it work for both.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    I want to flutter around on a bat.
    Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Elk/ Stags.

Psijic, Wild Hunt, Frostbane.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• U_D_D_I_N_R
    U_D_D_I_N_R
    ✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    This.
    ynlh8moj0gq01.jpg

I wanna mount a giant from the rift
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently I'm working on taming Wamasus to wear a Saddle. But everytime i try to get near one, they are not very fond of the idea...they are very bitey...oh well...

Still...since i won't give up on my effort I'll raise the spine of confidence that one day I'll be able to ride these beasts :smiley:

or at least train them to fight alongside me and my little netch beeko! :#
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you can't fight while mounted, the transformation to a travel form is quite feasible. Turning into a flock of birds/bats, or any of the salamander/wamasu/crocodile creatures that would be the wrong shape to mount. You'd just need a way to indicate to other players that this was a player character travelling, rather than an ambient creature.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to have Elsweyr Terror Bird as a mount, can you guys see it. If a Kagouti can be tame so can a Terror Bird.

600px-ON-creature-Terror_Bird_01.jpg
    600px-ON-creature-Terror_Bird_02.jpg
    chocobo-mount.jpg
    Edited by Inhuman003 on June 19, 2019 4:24PM
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see mounts like those Abnur Tharn and his pet cat have in the official trailer.
  • ThorLuthor
    ThorLuthor
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a donkey, a cow, a large pig, an ostrich, and mounts with dyeable armor, as well as the ability to remove all saddles.
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    A War Bull, something like a mortal vessel of Morihaus.
    Siege Engine themed mounts. Like a broken catapult 'enchanted to walk like a horse'.
    Maybe some sort of big Fellrunner. I like the idea of screaming across Craglorn on the back of an emu.
  • 2Weenies
    2Weenies
    ✭✭✭
    More "unique" mounts other than the standards (horse, guar, wolf, senche, camel). Also, things you can "summon" in like the Bloodshadow Wraith Steed, as opposed to just whistling and your mount just phases into existence.

For starters and within the realm of plausibility, however?

Let's start with some farm animal mounts. Donkey, pig, cow, etc.
    "We're watching you, scum." ~ Every Ordinator who witnesses my social media commentary
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThorLuthor wrote: »
    ... as well as the ability to remove all saddles.
    This.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is "Sir Fixthelag", a majestic breed that combines the elegance of a palomino and the appetite of a pug. It is obtainable via gameplay after completing 24 hours without encountering performance issues. A rare steed indeed!
    83055fa3ab24e7167bb0ca86f86eb6c6.jpg
    Edited by Ash_In_My_Sujamma on June 21, 2019 1:57PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fighting mounts
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just imagined how a mammoth mount would be like :lol:
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m surprised a mammoth mount hasn’t been added. Hopefully they will appear with a Skyrim expansion
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    I would like to have Elsweyr Terror Bird as a mount, can you guys see it. If a Kagouti can be tame so can a Terror Bird
    You just opened my eyes! They are indeed the ESO equivalent to chocobos... or else, to the Scavengers from Gothic (the game).

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I just imagined how a mammoth mount would be like :lol:

Awesome?

Besides mounts I'd like to ride a cart, myself
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about a Golden Ghosty Deer, half normal and ice house just like Ice & fire mount, graveyard armor horse (necromancer style). Wardon horse with the symbol displayed on just like the Wardon bear.
    191504977992whci3zm0wmnrki4gprkeqfjv5jcfhtdbmimbzhumqzkg1eagzjdyazhvyjuvff1ruzyqksrcoefcxjeemgd4kgbndxcydldnw8gn.jpg

• Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and also we need mounts to show some love to our Twitch and YouTube streamers just different varieties like.......
    Animation-Horse-Fantasy-Amazing-Photo-Share-On-Facebook.jpg
  • ZombieMayhem
    ZombieMayhem
    ✭✭
    I've been thinking about this a lot.

Since mount stats are based on each character (speed/stamina/carry), give each type of mount it's own 'species skill' (for lack of a better term). For example: Horse:carry more; elk:fast and nimble; senche:fast/fair climber (uphills and stuff, not trees); senche raht: slower/great climber/very difficult to dismount;

Then you can give each 'skin' it's own abilities.
    For example: Take a Senche Raht from above and make it a zombie, now it is impossible to dismount the rider. You could even give them buffs depending on if the rider and mount are racially matched (e.g. Khajiit/Senche and then stack with Necromancer/Zombie)

Cyrodiil: War mounts that you can only use when you are in Cyrodiil. Mammoths and Haj Mota would be perfect for this.

Daedric: This is a huge part of the lore! Why are there no Daedric creatures we can ride? Not a skin, a different species than what is available.

Also, different bridles & saddles so people can customize their mount's gear like outfits.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really love to see some "wizard stuff" mounts!
    A floating broomstick!
    A floating carpet!
    (might be good for the witches festival...)

Several other floaters would also be neat... a mystic wind vortex, a shining gilded throne, or a stormy cloud with occasional lightning effects, or a dark magic crystal disk... perhaps even a swarm of critters that carry your character (Birds? Bats? Several more options seem plausible...)

And definitely an one-person racing chariot for our imperial characters!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mammoth
  • Unij
    Unij
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Mammoth

So we can be epic as https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=reOLeLX0Q9U
    Main char is a Strong Nord Man, Thief, Vampire, Healer, Mastercrafter. PC-EU since 2016.
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    We at ZOS love your ideas and we are currently working with our developers on how to maximize our profits with low drop rates and increase our microtransactions for you to acquire these new mounts... We feel a .01% drop rate is a great starting point and gives us maximum profit potential. Remember there is no limit on the amount of crowns you can purchase. We encourage you to visit the store often.

We hope you enjoy your new mounts...
    Edited by DR4GONFL1 on June 27, 2019 3:31PM