Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestions for a Gaming Mouse please

Deter1UK
Deter1UK
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi Team: I'm looking to get a simple gaming mouse so i can assign weapon swap to a mouse button to help with rotation due to arthritus. What do you use? I don't need anything more than basic - at this stage. It needs to be Mojave compatible.
Thanks in advance.
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    Get a Razer Mouse (there are different versions as well). I have been using them for awhile. The software isn't the best but it works well with ESO.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    I’m using a relatively cheap Steelseries mouse with two buttons on the side and an extra middle sensitivity switch. Worked out of the box without any drivers.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In used Razor Deathadder. Should do it for you. I recommend to buy the mouse in a shop where you can test it. The position of buttons does not always fit any hand.

I wrote used, because nothing beats gamepad :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viscous119 wrote: »
    Get a Razer Mouse (there are different versions as well). I have been using them for awhile. The software isn't the best but it works well with ESO.

Yea, Razer mouse has held up better than several other major brands I have used. I use the model with 12 buttons on the side, but it came with 2 other panels for different configurations.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. If mouse has rubber parts they tend to wear off / glue off within 2 - 3 years.
    2. Microswitches - try picking up mice that are rated for at least 20 milion clicks.
    3. Alternatively some ASUS mice have special "changable" microswitches (ROG Sica for example).
    4. The more angular the shape, the faster it acumulate dust / dirt.
    6. Mouses with short "separate" buttons, have slighlty better reaction time and are less prone to "double clicks" issues vs mices that have buttons & body conected as a one part.
    7. Most dificult part is to pick right size of your mouse. Whatever mouse you have now, try to google its dimesions and if it is not in the web, just messure it yourself, so you would have a point of reference.
    8. If you have a posibilty to try out mouse and how it fits your hand before you buy one - do so.

Depending on your budget I would aim at Logitech, Asus, Razer or Roccat mice.

Also try looking up some videos on youtube like best gaming mice 2018 etc.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 15, 2019 1:44PM
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny, that is the same question bothering me atm. As an old fart I play PC games since prehistoric times with the arrow keys. I never could get a grip with WASD... The last years I used my beloved Logitech G700s and felled in love with the three extra buttons for the forefinger and the four thumb buttons. Together with the 4way scroll wheel I could remap nine keyboard keys to the mouse. And I lived happily ever after...

But now my G700s got old and broken I need a new mouse because the G700s ain't sold anymore. Atm I'm trying out a Roccat Tyon but I'm not quite sure if it will be the right one. Other candidates are the Logitech G502 and G602, the SteelSeries Rival 500 and for a lot of money the ASUS ROG Spatha. Because I got relatively small hands (they are shrinking with getting old I think) I acttually have to try them all out to feel how they fit to my hands. The Roccat Tyon for example is a little bit to big for my taste.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask. B)
    Edited by WildWilbur on May 15, 2019 7:48AM
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WildWilbur wrote: »
    Funny, that is the same question bothering me atm. As an old fart I play PC games since prehistoric times with the arrow keys. I never could get a grip with WASD... The last years I used my beloved Logitech G700s and felled in love with the three extra buttons for the forefinger and the four thumb buttons. Together with the 4way scroll wheel I could remap nine keyboard keys to the mouse. And I lived happily ever after...

I feel your pain - yesterday I suffered a Senior Moment and died multiple time to a world boss because my brain suddenly decided that weapon swap was activated by the space bar - how my guild laughed! Took me an hour to figure out what was wrong!

It was this that set me to looking at key bindings and gaming mice and realising that (one of ) the reason my dps fluctuates wildly between 7000 and 29000 is the fact that Im all over the keyboard like a demented spider and age is possibly starting to tell.

So, a simple mouse might help - more than a couple of extra buttons is probably asking for trouble!

• Ethnification
    Ethnification
    Soul Shriven
    I truly recommend the Swiftpoint Z. Take care and Elder Scrolls!
    Live Long and Elder Scrolls!
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all very much for your responses an suggestions :)
  • otab
    otab
    ✭✭
    I use the Logitech G502, and am quite pleased with it.
    I perform unspeakable acts on innocent source code.
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭

WildWilbur wrote: »

But now my G700s got old and broken I need a new mouse because the G700s ain't sold anymore. Atm I'm trying out a Roccat Tyon but I'm not quite sure if it will be the right one. Other candidates are the Logitech G502 and G602, the SteelSeries Rival 500 and for a lot of money the ASUS ROG Spatha. Because I got relatively small hands (they are shrinking with getting old I think) I acttually have to try them all out to feel how they fit to my hands. The Roccat Tyon for example is a little bit to big for my taste.

Bring back G700s! We should start a petition. I miss mine as well.
    Edited by laissezfaire on June 5, 2019 11:25PM
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    otab wrote: »
    I use the Logitech G502, and am quite pleased with it.

I just bought the G502 Lightning (Wireless) + the wireless charging mat and love it.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any Logitech gaming mouse is a good choice; I'm using a slightly older G402, 4 control buttons mapped to W, S, E, and Esc, mouse wheel click to weapon swap, and hi-DPI switch for precise aiming. The software it comes with can be used to configure the on-device memory, and then quit; it doesn't have to sit there in your menu bar forever.

Go wired, I don't recommend wireless keyboards or mice for games, they have a little latency but worse, batteries fading can kill you quickly.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Vivifier
    Vivifier
    ✭✭
    I use a razer naga epic chroma mouse. Personally i find it hard to use the mouse on eso pressing side buttons and light/heavy attacks with clicks, not to mention interupt ( I dont use the command interupt/block although i could map it to a device) . I just cant. The best of my peripheral for ESO is a logitech g13 I use where i have all the basic keys mapped to, perhaps an ouroboros gamepad or a logitech g13 might be easier than a gaming mouse for eso
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd recommend Razer Mamba. It has a nice, soft design that perfectly fits the palm of my hand. It can be used wirelessly and wired, and it has 4 easily accessible buttons on the side. Razer Deathadder has a very similar style, but has only two buttons and is wired -- it's a nice alternative.
    Edited by Vermethys on June 8, 2019 1:28PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds: