The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Client will not start!!!!

Judo82
Judo82
I have had issues in the past regarding downloading the beta. I just bought the game today and have seen that I'm still stuck at the same issue. I can see the client on my desktop but once I double-click on it, it wont start. I have already tried downloading and re installing the game. Please help me!!!!!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Judo82‌

Are you getting any kind of error messages when you try to launch the client, such as another program blocking it?

The first thing you will want to try is instead of double clicking, just right click the client launcher, and in the menu select "run as administrator."

Second, make sure the ESO client is allowed through any Firewalls or Anti-Virus running on your machine. There are some programs that will try and block ESO from launching.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • GanjaPetani
    GanjaPetani
    Soul Shriven
    hello,my launcher dont start and tryed everything from post "PLEASE READ FIRST - KNOWN TECHNICAL ISSUES (PC)" but not working.i had this issues since last saterday,not during early acces.here are my dxdiag files. some help? ty
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @GanjaPetani‌

It looks like your DXdiag file cut off near the end. Try creating another as well as a MSinfo32 file and post them here.

You may also want to try the following to see if something isn't blocking the launcher from opening.
    • Hold the Windows Key and press the letter "R"
    • Type in "MsConfig" into the Run box that opens and press enter.
    • Press the radial button next to "Selective Start-up"(Take note of where it says "Normal Start Up". If you press this and then "Apply" and "ok", then restart your computer, all changes made in this tool during these steps will be reversed.)
    • Uncheck the "Load Start-Up Items" checkbox.
    • Press on the "Services" tab located at the top of the box.
    • Check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" checkbox.
    • Press the "Disable All" button.
    • Press Apply and Ok and you will be prompted to restart your computer. Please restart your computer.
    • Launch your game and run the "Repair" from the launcher's game option, which are located in between the news title and the news articles.
    Staff Post
  • GanjaPetani
    GanjaPetani
    Soul Shriven
    additing MsConfig worked,so is it ok to leave it like that?
    made a new dxdiag file ,but when my dxdiag is loading it stops half way making the file uncomplete??

• Daredelvis1
    Daredelvis1
    Soul Shriven
    My client worked fine last night, but now when I launch and hit the "play" button, nothing happens. Client is there, no indication of the game launching or trying to launch.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @GanjaPetani‌

Since disabling services through MsConfig allowed the client to launch, it means there is another program or service running on your machine that is blocking ESO from launching correctly. What you would need to do is disable the non-Windows services one by one and find out which is causing ESO not to launch.
    Staff Post
  • GanjaPetani
    GanjaPetani
    Soul Shriven
    its working fine now ,ty! keep up the good work !!! :#
  • johnb0y
    johnb0y
    I have a similar issue. I bought a digital copy so I have to install the PC client from ESO and once I install the launcher it doesn't open. I can't even get to the point of installing the game. I tried adding exceptions through my firewall, which is controlled by AVG. I checked to make sure I have the right specs to run. I haven't encountered this issue with any other game client I have.
  • rastamun1234b14_ESO
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @GanjaPetani‌

It looks like your DXdiag file cut off near the end. Try creating another as well as a MSinfo32 file and post them here.

You may also want to try the following to see if something isn't blocking the launcher from opening.
    • Hold the Windows Key and press the letter "R"
    • Type in "MsConfig" into the Run box that opens and press enter.
    • Press the radial button next to "Selective Start-up"(Take note of where it says "Normal Start Up". If you press this and then "Apply" and "ok", then restart your computer, all changes made in this tool during these steps will be reversed.)
    • Uncheck the "Load Start-Up Items" checkbox.
    • Press on the "Services" tab located at the top of the box.
    • Check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" checkbox.
    • Press the "Disable All" button.
    • Press Apply and Ok and you will be prompted to restart your computer. Please restart your computer.
    • Launch your game and run the "Repair" from the launcher's game option, which are located in between the news title and the news articles.

i have the same issue and I have done this msconfig yet the launcher still wont launch.i just have the bare minimum processes running for my computer.