The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

constant unknown error disconnects...

tinoc666cub18_ESO
It seems that i cant even play for over 15 minutes without getting this error. My room mate and i both experience this issue and have done everything that Zenimax agents have suggested. We currently use comcast as our isp. I was wondering how many other people have this issue and are currently using comcast. If you have found a way to fix it or have suggestions those would be greatly appreciated

• Tempiis
    Tempiis
    I have comcast and this issue is horrible
  • Vargtask
    Vargtask
    ✭✭
    Doubt it got anything to do with comcast alone, alot of people using different services have the same problem. I get the same and I use the same provider I've used for the past 8 years without any problem up until ESO.
  • tinoc666cub18_ESO
    Vargtask wrote: »
    Doubt it got anything to do with comcast alone, alot of people using different services have the same problem. I get the same and I use the same provider I've used for the past 8 years without any problem up until ESO.

well i ended up using my roomates iphone hot spot and didnt dc once in 4h so idk
    Edited by tinoc666cub18_ESO on April 9, 2014 12:39PM
  • tinoc666cub18_ESO
    so even though we dont use wifi to connect it seems changing the channel on the wifi broadcast might have fixed the issue. ive played for over an hour no diconnect
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    so even though we dont use wifi to connect it seems changing the channel on the wifi broadcast might have fixed the issue. ive played for over an hour no diconnect

changin channel only fixes local problems, in this case, if there are several wifi-networks in same area.

Good idea to check the area with some sort of wifi analyzer to see what channels are mostly swamped.

Personally i never use Wifi connection with my gaming rigs.
    Edited by Belrim on April 10, 2014 5:20AM
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
  • tinoc666cub18_ESO
    we dont use wifi for anything at all but our phones but doing that and i guess changing the firewall settings have solved the issue it seems
  • mikko.alandereb17_ESO
    I played for a few days without problems, but today unknown errors came back.
  • istanicas
    istanicas
    I haven't been able to play in four days now.
  • istanicas
    istanicas
    E: actually, here's the fix
    "Looking at the tracert that you sent in we determined that it looks like the information is going through a bad route to get back to you and thus could be why you are getting the kickouts and lag spikes. To attempt to fix this please follow these steps to flush your DNS:
    Windows 7:
    Click on the Start button Type cmd in the Start Menu Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter If it was successful, you will see the message "Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache." Power cycle the router to clear the cache so that it doesn't store the bad route "
  • raojalaeb17_ESO
    istanicas wrote: »
    E: actually, here's the fix
    "Looking at the tracert that you sent in we determined that it looks like the information is going through a bad route to get back to you and thus could be why you are getting the kickouts and lag spikes. To attempt to fix this please follow these steps to flush your DNS:
    Windows 7:
    Click on the Start button Type cmd in the Start Menu Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter If it was successful, you will see the message "Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache." Power cycle the router to clear the cache so that it doesn't store the bad route "

sorry to burst your bubble but this doesn't necessarily work. iv'e done every trick i can find in my isp homepage, here or in google, and it still keeps doing that. i can sometimes get decent game sessions but still it keeps ending in unknown error.
  • moloTov
    moloTov
    Any chance u are using the beta launcher still? It will get you into the regular game, but may be the problem. After i switched, i haven't been dropped yet.
  • topku
    topku
    Soul Shriven
    unknown error happens to me as well. will check for regular launcher now.
  • verakum
    verakum
    I checked for regular launcher and I still get the errors.. specially the huge LAG