The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Defeat Ulguna Soul-Reaver not ticked in Vaults of Madness Conqueror achievement

Merlight
Merlight
✭✭✭✭✭
PC/EU

Her body is not on screenshot because I returned there for the shot after completing the dungeon and finding out the achievement is incomplete. It was such a frustrating fight that I might be inclined to skip it, but I didn't, and have the staff she drops as proof (not on screenshot, either, sorry didn't think about it at the moment).

missing-ulguna.jpg

EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a similar issue a couple weeks ago with Captain Thoran in Blessed Crucible. Killed everything in the dungeon, but didn't get the "Defeat Captain Thoran" achievement tick. I was not in group, had Storm Atronach up and Thoran spawned his Lava Atronach just before dying. So it's possible my Atronach finished the boss right after I nuked the Lava Atronach, and I didn't get credit. Yesterday I ran Blessed Crucible again, this time ensuring I deliver the killing blow, and got the achievement.

As for the original topic, Ulguna, I don't remember whether I had an Atronach up when she died, but considering how much time I spent in CC during that fight, it's pretty likely my Atronach did the final zap there as well.

When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So yesterday I watched another round of Storm Atronach vs Ulguna Soul-Reaver. Is it still PvE, or rather EvE?

Once my Atro killed her, I got kill notification for Pledge: Vaults of Madness, but again no tick for "Defeat Ulguna Soul-Reaver" under "Vaults of Madness Conqueror" achievement. And also no "Vaults of Madness Survivor" after completing the dungeon without dying.

Next time there's a pledge, I'll try killing her with a spell, will see if I get the achievement then.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another run through Vaults of Madness. Killed Ulguna with DoTs, no Atronach or other pet out at the moment of her demise. Pledge quest advanced as expected, but no tick for Conqueror achievement; and consequently, no Survivor achievement at the end.