Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

House Decorating Ideas & Tips: Tutorial Guides (no FX)

JaidaRayne
JaidaRayne
✭✭✭

How to Guides: Furniture and More

I've started making guides on the furniture and features i make in my houses in case anyone wondered how it was done or wanted to make their own.

No addons are required, no FX is used. I use EHT purely to get things perfectly aligned, it is not essential.

Hoping to add more to the collection soon.

Built-in Fish Tank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EDqQ2J2nwk

Easy Affordable Windows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnahOUukZKA&t=23s

Computer and Laptop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2rk0UCLAVc&t=6s

Stereo / Hi-Fi System
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyLk083QUL4&t=99s

Edited by JaidaRayne on June 30, 2019 1:44PM
Jaida Rayne
ESO Creations and Inspirations
Youtube | Twitter | Forums
  • JaidaRayne
    JaidaRayne
    ✭✭✭

Feeling peckish? New guide added: Ovens
    You'll never have to eat could beans out of the can again! Welp, unless you want to. I don't judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar4fPMxjxK8&t=2s

Edited by JaidaRayne on May 28, 2019 3:20PM
    Jaida Rayne
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are amazing @JaidaRayne ! Thank you so much! <3
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God that fishtank is amazing, I love the alinor waardrobe idea.. shame it likely takes like 50 item slots
  • JaidaRayne
    JaidaRayne
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @mayasunrising

Haha yeah @NorthernNightmare it does use up a lot of items unfortunately, although you can use the grand alinor bookcases instead to save some space. They're much larger and have the same smooth wood grain. In my office house build here i used a mix of the two and you can't tell the difference. I think it ended up being less than 10 bookcases to box the tank in, with an extra 6 to make the parts next to it.

:)
    Jaida Rayne
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    i absolutely love these! I'm definitely going to recreate these in my homes. I was super excited to see these kinds of guides since I tend to try to create more modern themes.

My current challenge is trying to create a piano. Preferably a closed on since adding keys would be too item intensive. I've got maybe 5-10 spaces to try to make one :\ Do you have any guides on pianos?
  • JaidaRayne
    JaidaRayne
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @mergadeth thank you. I'm afraid i don't. But a piano sounds awesome so i had a quick play on pts for you to see if i could come up with anything. I'm sorry it's very rough and not very good, i didn't have much time. But maybe you could take it and improve on it. Or maybe it'll just help give you some ideas. I've included a picture of the sort of piano i was basing it on. Anyway, hope it helps. Best of luck on your creation.

Open for Images
    ujflfd7gyuz2.jpg

efid3stgm1to.png
    20w0fwtjs0cc.png

Edit: Should have mentioned, It uses 7 items, 8 including the stool.

Edited by JaidaRayne on May 31, 2019 5:06PM
    Jaida Rayne
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely a piano. Looks pretty good to me :)
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Immediately hits subscribe

That fish tank is everything.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JaidaRayne You do amazing work. I would genuinely love to see what you could do with EHT. To me, your style and approach is akin to the amazing creations that @Chryseia can produce with custom FX. Both of you could seemingly cobble appliances, or even entire structures, together out of constituent parts with both eyes closed. ;-)
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    @JaidaRayne it's not bad. I wonder if any of the alinor wood items would work for that polished look? What are you using for the little feet/pedals (can't remember what they are actually called)?
  • JaidaRayne
    JaidaRayne
    ✭✭✭
    @mergadeth haha yeah sorry it was a bit rushed, i reckon you could do a really nice version in that style though, the boxy style so that you don't have to worry about the fancy curved back bit. The pedals are the bottom of two stools, I used the green quality 'Redguard Stool, Sturdy' to make it affordable. They're just tipped over and pushed into the floor.
    Jaida Rayne
  • JaidaRayne
    JaidaRayne
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K thank you very much, that's really nice of you to say. I actually use EHT already to get things nice and neat and lined up lol. It's truly a wonderful addon. I turn off the addon when i record as it's not my addon and i don't want anyone thinking it is lol. But with your permission i'd love to show off the sort of things it can do.

I have no idea how to do all the fancy FX stuff though, it's probably easy to learn but i'm far too much of a basic... girl lol.

P.S. I fully support your endeavor to get some of it's features added to the base game.

Thanks again.

Edited by JaidaRayne on June 21, 2019 8:07AM
    Jaida Rayne
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JaidaRayne So glad to hear it! And feel free to show what the tool can do - my long-term goal with Essential Housing Tools is to get as many of its features into the base game as possible; so, the more players that are aware of it and that advocate it, the more likely that outcome is (at least that's my theory anyways).

Also, a super quick demonstration of FX, if you have a spare 60 seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adF2QyHA4M4

<3
  • JaidaRayne
    JaidaRayne
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh nice, dying. I wish that was built into the game, could make so many more things. :wink:
    Jaida Rayne
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    God that fishtank is amazing, I love the alinor waardrobe idea.. shame it likely takes like 50 item slots

Yeah, this is what always puts me off trying anything like this.

I feel like I would be doing something wrong, if I didn't attempt to light and furnish the entire interior of a house (at the very least), so have largely just resigned myself to keeping things fairly simple, in most houses.

I indulge in a few small fruit bowls and stacked plates, here and there and that is about it. xD

I was inspired to make a gift shop, on my island, which is quite object-intensive, so I guess I could have been more adventurous there.

However, it doesn't really feel like the place for a fish tank and the places that do, don't tend to have a big enough slot-to-space ratio.

Maybe I'm just a furnishing slot coward, at this point?! xD
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 1, 2019 7:00PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JaidaRayne wrote: »
    Ooh nice, dying. I wish that was built into the game, could make so many more things. :wink:

I know, that function is near the top of my wishlist.

Just the process of dying furnishings itself would be satisfying, let alone what you could then do with them.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 1, 2019 7:02PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for sharing these, the windows made from paintings is an absolutely brilliant idea, I'll definitely be giving this a go!
  • JaidaRayne
    JaidaRayne
    ✭✭✭
    @Tigerseye haha yeah the item count can be so frustrating, i find the largest houses are the worst, the space to item count ratio just feels really off. so hard to fill the whole space.

I did make the fish tank, stereo and computer all within one house, as well as a coffee machine, desk, filing cabinets and stuff. It's an office in Hammerdeath Bungalow, item count 200, uses the whole space. I've put a link to the video tour below in case it's of any help to you. You'd be surprised how much you can fit into those smaller houses.

Although if you don't have ESO plus for double item count... eep!

Open for video
    Jaida Rayne
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    pbfnjxbbe6kg.jpeg
    @JaidaRayne I did it!
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mergadeth wrote: »
    pbfnjxbbe6kg.jpeg
    @JaidaRayne I did it!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

@mergadeth would you be willing to share you final "recipe." I'm a musician irl and need to have this in my Villa. :)
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • JaidaRayne
    JaidaRayne
    ✭✭✭
    Ahmagawd @mergadeth it's amazing! You did such a great job. The Alinor bookcases worked so well for it. Bravo.

Edited by JaidaRayne on June 2, 2019 8:07AM
    Jaida Rayne
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising thank you! I can tell you what items I used but it’s hard to describe how it goes together.
    The “body” is three alinor wardrobes stacked together with two acting as endcaps on either side of the middle one to cover up all the ends and odds of everything else. The legs is a alinor cabinet flipped upside down. The middle part where the keys are and the shelf for the sheet music is two alinor pews. One upside down with the book rows set into it and the other just flipped on its front for the shelf part.
    -3 alinor wardrobes or bookcases
    -1 alinor cabinet noble
    -2 alinor pews
    -2 book rows, long
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    @JaidaRayne I’m so glad you posted your vids! It’s nice to find someone else who loves to create more modern designs ❤️. Please keep up the good work and sharing with us.
  • Treat
    Treat
    ✭✭✭
    These are incredible! Thanks for sharing! You're SO creative!!!
    @Treat
    The Harbinger of Cheer!!!!!
    Ankle Biters
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mergadeth wrote: »
    @mayasunrising thank you! I can tell you what items I used but it’s hard to describe how it goes together.
    The “body” is three alinor wardrobes stacked together with two acting as endcaps on either side of the middle one to cover up all the ends and odds of everything else. The legs is a alinor cabinet flipped upside down. The middle part where the keys are and the shelf for the sheet music is two alinor pews. One upside down with the book rows set into it and the other just flipped on its front for the shelf part.
    -3 alinor wardrobes or bookcases
    -1 alinor cabinet noble
    -2 alinor pews
    -2 book rows, long

Thank you so much @mergadeth ! <3

• JaidaRayne
    JaidaRayne
    ✭✭✭

In need of a clean? New guide added: Kitchen Sinks
    Bit of a long one, hope it’s not too draining... Geddit? Draining. Coz it’s a sink. Cough, I'll see myself out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i88WN14bqEg

Jaida Rayne
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    @JaidaRayne Oh wow! That's probably the best looking sink I've seen so far. I've tried to make versions with a modern faucet but couldn't find anything with the right shape(s). I end up using alinor fountains. Thank you for this. I'm going to have to see if i can revamp my sink in my Alinor townhouse. I put a video tour of it up as well in case you wanted to check it out.

Please keep posting more of these! I check back often <3
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really amazing but if you're using add-ons there will be something that's not possible on console. Is there anyone out there who is on Xbox and makes videos of cobbled-together items in their houses? Sorry to hijack your thread @JaidaRayne . I really love what you do but can't do it on my Xbox.
  • JaidaRayne
    JaidaRayne
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @LadySinflower Thank you, I'm glad you like them. Just in case it's not clear my guides don't require an addon. There's no fx or anything, what you see is what you get. It's just items available in the game, cobbled-together as you say. :p

Console players can make them, they'll just have a harder time getting things perfectly aligned is all.

Edit: I've updated the original post to say 'no FX' to try to make it clearer. Thanks again.

Edited by JaidaRayne on June 9, 2019 7:19PM
    Jaida Rayne
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yassss! These are all so beautiful and helpful! /bows
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.