The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Newbie Question on Armor

Azuzza
Azuzza
Soul Shriven
So I notice I have an icon that says "A piece of equipment armor is fully damaged" The bracers say 0/866. Does that mean they are now unusable and need to be replaced or is there a way to fix? :/ (son confused)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go to a vendor and there should be an option at the bottom of the screen to [repair armor] with a gold cost. That will make it usable again.

Alternatively, you can buy Grand Repair Kits from Guild Stores and one of those will repair one piece of armor. You might have a Crown Repair Kit from the login rewards which will do the same.

If you are still leveling, it might be easier to just replace the armor if its lower level.
  • Azuzza
    Azuzza
    Soul Shriven
    Vendor will not repair it, doesn't give the option.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azuzza wrote: »
    Vendor will not repair it, doesn't give the option.

Depends on the vendor I think? Most of them do but some don't. Just look on a city map for the armor building and the blacksmith dude can repair it for you.
  • Azuzza
    Azuzza
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you both
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may not be every vendor, but here's a picture that shows where it is:
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds odd. The local chef, alchemist, brewer, enchanter, woodworker, and mystic can repair my gear. My main is a maxed out 9 trait all-but-3-motifs crafter and she can't repair gear, but the chef and the brewer can.....
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Sounds odd. The local chef, alchemist, brewer, enchanter, woodworker, and mystic can repair my gear. My main is a maxed out 9 trait all-but-3-motifs crafter and she can't repair gear, but the chef and the brewer can.....

It is merely a gold sink mechanics, with convenience added, so that almost any NPC merchant can provide the service, except for the bankers, fences (I think) and your own Assistant NPC's (banker, merchant, fence).

Your characters actually can repair their own gear, but they need Repair Kits. These are available at NPC merchants and they are awarded for daily crafting writs too.
    Edited by Watchdog on June 1, 2019 4:11AM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »

It is merely a gold sink mechanics, with convenience added, so that almost any NPC merchant can provide the service, except for the bankers, fences (I think) and your own Assistant NPC's (banker, merchant, fence).

Your characters actually can repair their own gear, but they need Repair Kits. These are available at NPC merchants and they are awarded for daily crafting writs too.

I know. I know its a gold sink. I know you can use repair kits. I would love for there to be an alternative however. I use crafted sets. My master crafter *made* every piece of armor, every sword, axe, staff, and shield for my full roster of characters. My crafter can make every set of crafted armor and weapons in the game from bars of metal, bolts of cloth, pieces of tanned hide, and planks of wood, but somehow isn't skilled enough to *repair* the gear she made from scratch? Let the appropriate npcs sell the special one time use only repair tools if there is a need for a gold sink [wouldn't be the first time; original single player Morrowind you could buy repair prongs and hammers to fix your gear; so many uses and they broke, so you would need to buy more]. Imo it sucks that a master crafter can't fix the gear they made, but the local brewer can slap things back together in between the latest batches of ale.....
  • Azuzza
    Azuzza
    Soul Shriven
    The repair kit did the trick (thanks!). Now if only I can finish some of my quests without dying 150 times :s