Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sunspire unfortunate naming

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    recreationally offended

This actually explains a whole lot.

Btw, I would expect someone called ThiccLady to have a thicker skin.
    Edited by Royaji on May 31, 2019 8:21PM
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao give me a break.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we do really live in snowflake safe space outrage cancel culture where everyone is recreationally offended constantly...my god this is tiresome

I'm offended by that.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everyone is recreationally offended constantly...my god this is tiresome
    You sound offended.
    Lethal zergling
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank looking for a veteran SS raid
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see OP asking for any censorship nor saying that they're offended. So I'm a bit confused where those comments are coming from.

All OP asked for is whether the playerbase has any ideas for abbreviating the trial in a different way. They did not claim to be victimized nor did they ask ZOS to ban or censor the SS abbreviation. Naturally, that could cause countle** i**ues :tongue: There's nothing wrong with looking at alternative shorthands for things, and many good ones were already suggested - calling it nSpire or vSpire for example should work without any problems.

There'd be nothing wrong with ZOS coming up different names in the future either, for example calling some potential new trial 'University of Fire' rather than 'Fiery University' :wink:
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    well lets see

Steam Ship (SS name here)

Space Station (as in ISS - intonational Space Station)

Super Sonic

Stainless Steel

Structural Steel

South Sudan (country, ISO/TLD code: SS)

Solid State (as in SSD etc)

Schutzstaffeln comes a long way down the list really of the hundreds of possibilities, unless it was conjoined for example with other words playing on negative connotation of combining them.
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my god, are you serious?

picard-facepalm.jpg
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...recreationally offended...

Such a perfect way of describing this totally selfish and narcissistic phenomenon.

Plus if cheapens the cause of people that actually suffer.

Pass it off as cultural growing pains in the digital age, I guess.

Edited by WhyMustItBe on May 31, 2019 8:44PM
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt the developers thought their new Daedric artifact would be called "Volendong" either.
    Lethal zergling
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confucius say, 'man who looks for cause to be offended sees persecution and malice behind every harmless leaf and shadow.'

Cannot see forest. Too many offensive trees.

Edited by WhyMustItBe on May 31, 2019 8:57PM
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    As someone from a Jewish family this has not crossed my mind.

It's not supposed to. You see, it's other people's duty to be offended on your behalf. Especially when you're not actually offended.

It's the only way that all those insensitive people will learn that you could have been offended in some way even though you don't find it offensive at all.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I got it. We'll call it Trumptower instead of sunspire.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am from society where for using those two lightnings or even mentioning anything non-negative about ***, you will be greatly despised, beaten and even may end up in jail... and still in 2 weeks of nSS and vSS runs I never have a single association with what you mention.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I googled it. So it's like Nazis and stuff.

You should be more upset with the thalmor.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's up with the influx of sjw morons to these forums?
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SJWs ruin everything.

Now they're coming for the Sunspire.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is outrageous. We need to go a step further and simply remove the letter S from the alphabet.

Also, HRC. Hillary Rodham Clinton. Ban it. Put it in jail.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This planet needs a cull, bring on a meteor please mighty space turtle!
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guarantee you that at some point in our history, some terrible thing happened with trees in full view of the perpetrators. Should we cut down all the trees to avoid the trauma of awareness of these random harmless coincidences?

Apparently so:

https://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/12/20/city-officials-commit-removing-racist-trees-golf-course-palm-springs
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thicclady wrote: »
    Hello,

I just want to ask you opinions, I doubt developers thought this before making Sunspire raid, that its now shortened with SS. That is really unfortunate indeed, because for many people especially in NA and specific EU countries it brings really bad vibes. Maybe we could make some kind of other abbreviation like SuSpi, "LF2m SuSpi" for example? Any thoughts?

WTF lol.

Ok from now on I'm going to put in craglorn zone chat.

LF DPS for the dungeon with three dragons and cat people with many chests.

I hope that does not offend anyone.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess what if we start changing everything that sounds bad or disapproved there is no end.

51-eCJQImDL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Lazio.png

The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sober Santa? Although that's probably a myth.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    This thread is a f'in joke

I have to agree. This thread really is a joke!
    Edited by KillsAllElves on May 31, 2019 10:43PM
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every one now days wants to be offended by something so stupid.

I hope you never see the emblem on a Support Sport chevelle driving down the road.

Just WOW
    Edited by KillsAllElves on May 31, 2019 11:37PM
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just stop.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.
    giphy.gif
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1969 Chevy Malibu SS

Man, I wish I was 16 again!
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello,

I just want to ask you opinions, I doubt developers thought this before making Sunspire raid, that its now shortened with SS. That is really unfortunate indeed, because for many people especially in NA and specific EU countries it brings really bad vibes. Maybe we could make some kind of other abbreviation like SuSpi, "LF2m SuSpi" for example? Any thoughts?

Im fom canada and i have no idea what you mean by that
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Im fom canada and i have no idea what you mean by that

whats the education system like in Canada?
This discussion has been closed.