Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Beckoning Armor pulling in enemy sieges?!

RMerlin
RMerlin
✭✭✭✭
Happened twice to me tonight. This is an enemy ram that's on the second floor of the frontdoor postern, it just popped there as I was oiling it...

1dmisaekh0oe.png

I can only imagine it was pulled to me by my Beckoning Armor...

Edited by RMerlin on May 31, 2019 4:22AM
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is the owner of this ram? I have a message for him.
    offensive-business-cards-550x316.jpg
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is hilarious!
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen a Ram on the 2nd floor too.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to imagine the AD siegers when their RAM magically disappeared from the door they were hitting, wondering "Where the F is our RAM?!"

I guess as a necromancer, I can also summon dead trees to me :)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well we’ve lost a number of rams since the patch and from our point of view the ram just sort of shimmies up the front elevation of the keep and either slips inside the second floor or parks itself on the third floor.

And then some well-meaning but clueless opposing player burns it which allows us to set another down.

Is it possible it’s a necro using the armor ability that pulls opponents closer that affects the ram? It certainly didn’t happen before Elsweyr.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Well we’ve lost a number of rams since the patch and from our point of view the ram just sort of shimmies up the front elevation of the keep and either slips inside the second floor or parks itself on the third floor.

And then some well-meaning but clueless opposing player burns it which allows us to set another down.

Is it possible it’s a necro using the armor ability that pulls opponents closer that affects the ram? It certainly didn’t happen before Elsweyr.

That's why I wonder if maybe it's caused by Beckoning Armor, since I use it, and it it happened twice for me last night (my first trip to Cyro on my necro).

I wouldn't call people clueless for burning the ram when it occurs, since this is most likely the result of a bug. Just like if I get accidentally ported inside an enemy keep while using Ambush on my stamblade, I always run for the nearest exit, I don't try to abuse it by attacking everyone inside the keep. It's about being fair to people, rather than willingly abusing of these bugs for your own advantage.
    Edited by RMerlin on May 31, 2019 8:58PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rams have been 'Dancing' and disappearing up walls since day 1 of Elsweyr.
    Rams have also been glitching through keep doors before they are even open.
    There has to be a ridiculous bug in each update or it wouldn't be ESO :) its the season of the Ram >:)