Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild was Accidentally Deleted and Support is Doing Nothing.

JarlUlfric
JarlUlfric
✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone! I hope you all have had better interactions with Support than I have in the last couple of days.

So let me enlighten you all on this situation that I've gotten into. I am (well was) the Guildmaster of Order of the Bear, and I have been on and off for about 4-ish years now. Some of you may remember Order of the Bear as a somewhat hardcore-ish PVE guild. Some of the things Bear accomplished were being within the top 10 clears of vMOL, vMOL HM, vHOF, and vHOF HM back when they released, so they were no slouches way back when. A little bit after Clockwork City / Dragon Bones released the guild kinda fell apart due to a lot of the main members moving on to better guilds and others quitting the game, so we took a bit of a hiatus.

In late 2018 there was an attempt to revamp the guild but it didn't go so well so it again went into another hiatus. Until about a couple weeks ago a good amount of the former players and I decided that we should give it a shot and revamp ourselves as a different type of guild, a guild where we just wanted to have casual clears and achievement hunting. So I put in the ticket to rename the guild and it was accepted so we were good to go.

Except after the name change happened, when I was clearing the guild out of all the inactives so that we could start fresh, I accidentally left the guild on my alt account who was GM (I am also the GM of Eastmarch Trade Company in Wayrest). IT Disbanded the guild! I was distraught. A guild that I had helped grow and flourish for over 4 years was gone, so I filed a ticket, Support has done things like this in the past, so why not now?

Well, all I got was a hand wave telling me that "We are unable to add players back to guilds that were previously left. We understand that this may not be the answer that you'd like to hear and we apologize for that." After telling support that they completely ignored the actual issue at hand seeing that the guild doesn't actually exist or have members in it and that's not the question that I asked, guess what I got?

I got silence.

I have had no responses, nothing. I even had a friend talk to ZOS staff and I still haven't gotten a response. It's really disappointing to see a AAA game like ESO have support so unwilling to help members out. I have put metaphorical blood, sweat, and tears into my communities and I get silence from support. I can't help but think that they're just running the clock out on me before what I want can't actually be done.

All I want is my guild and my community back in my hands, and support isn't willing to do that. This has really tarnished what I thought of ESO honestly, all I want to do is rebuild my community and they're giving me the silent treatment.

Thanks for reading

~Ulf
True High King
Member since August 2013.
Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try rephrasing your ticket to something like:

Hi, I was having issues trying to buy crowns. Also, my guild got deleted.
    Edited by Respect4Elders on May 31, 2019 5:31PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your plan was to start fresh anyway why wouldn't you just recreate the guild?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Ulf. Hopefully they can get it restored. Could get complicated logistically though, like what happens if anyone has filled their 5 guild slots since it disbanded?

I would say your best bet might just be to recreate it and start inviting people from the Discord roster. I’d like to see OotB make a comeback, we had some good times in there, including my first vMoL HM.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel bad for you and I have no idea what process in involved when a GM leaves their own guild.

Having said that, from a much broader perspective, I don't think that customer service should be helping with people's mistakes of this nature. They only have so much manpower and as such they should prioritize things that are beyond the player's control, i.e. billing issues or technical issues.
    Lethal zergling
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    If your plan was to start fresh anyway why wouldn't you just recreate the guild?

That was my first reaction too, but how do you find the members of the old one to re-invite them, if the list just went away?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When gm leaves own guild it goes down to highest ranked and longest member. So technically as long as one person exists in it then you should be fine.

You might be mistaken that guild was disbanded.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never done anything on this level that required this level of support, so all my interactions of support have been stellar.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

That was my first reaction too, but how do you find the members of the old one to re-invite them, if the list just went away?
    Judging by the previous comment a discord server for the guild exists?

And according to this
    JarlUlfric wrote: »
    Until about a couple weeks ago a good amount of the former players and I decided that we should give it a shot and revamp ourselves
    this is the group of people who mainly wanted to revamp and are in contact with each other?
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    When gm leaves own guild it goes down to highest ranked and longest member. So technically as long as one person exists in it then you should be fine.

The only two people in the guild were me and my alt account that was GM. I accidentally left it on my Alt account that was GM, and it kicked my main account from the guild leaving the members down to 0.

Because there was a guild bank full of supplies and the 'founded' date from 2015 that's very important to me?
    True High King
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    OH and here's the kicker. When I try to remake a guild with the name that we changed it to, I get "guild name is already in use." So I can't do that either.
    True High King
  • Dracheimflug
    Dracheimflug
    ✭✭✭

If you did not stay in touch with them, you do not. By asking to have the guild 're-formed' you are essentially asking for prior members to once again be members regardless of how they feel about that. If the guild broke up and re-formed twice already, perhaps it is a sign that it is time to start fresh.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because there was a guild bank full of supplies and the 'founded' date from 2015 that's very important to me?

Fair point. I really wouldn't get my hopes up with support since this might be a bit outside of their capabilities but I wish you luck.
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭

If you did not stay in touch with them, you do not. By asking to have the guild 're-formed' you are essentially asking for prior members to once again be members regardless of how they feel about that. If the guild broke up and re-formed twice already, perhaps it is a sign that it is time to start fresh.

You miss my point, The guild does not exist and is no longer in my hands as of two days ago. All I'm asking is to get it back with the 2 members that were in it at the time of that happening, which were me and my alt account. I'm not asking support to put a bunch of people back into the guild. I'm mainly looking to get the name, the founded on date, and the contents of the guild bank back.
    True High King
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH and here's the kicker. When I try to remake a guild with the name that we changed it to, I get "guild name is already in use." So I can't do that either.

So the guild still exists in some form then? I wouldn't be so sure that it was truly deleted if that was the case.
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭

So the guild still exists in some form then? I wouldn't be so sure that it was truly deleted if that was the case.

There are no members in this nonexistent guild then. Which if that's the case then it shouldn't be an issue of getting it back into my hands. I don't understand why support is silent on this because this is something they have done before with people (I hang out with a lot of other trading guild GMs, this is something I have heard done.)
    True High King
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only two people in the guild were me and my alt account that was GM. I accidentally left it on my Alt account that was GM, and it kicked my main account from the guild leaving the members down to 0.

In the OP you talked about you and other players wanting to revamp the guild. But it's only you and you who were in the guild? How is this an issue? Just make a new guild if you were the only member. I agree with an earlier comment, this isn't this type of issue that ZOS should be spending their time on. Now, if the guild deleted and there were 10s or 100s of players, sure it would be an issue. But if all you are worried about is guild bank items and a name and creation date, it's a non-issue. Just like if I delete one of my characters and forget to put items into my bank, it isn't on Zos to remedy my mistake.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

In the OP you talked about you and other players wanting to revamp the guild. But it's only you and you who were in the guild? How is this an issue? Just make a new guild if you were the only member. I agree with an earlier comment, this isn't this type of issue that ZOS should be spending their time on. Now, if the guild deleted and there were 10s or 100s of players, sure it would be an issue. But if all you are worried about is guild bank items and a name and creation date, it's a non-issue. Just like if I delete one of my characters and forget to put items into my bank, it isn't on Zos to remedy my mistake.

Took the text right out of my keyboard.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame that these days too many people think that when they make a mistake they have an entitlement for someone else to put it right, rather than simply learning from it.

In this case, given the history of the guild it sounds like it was a shadow of a guild at the point where it was let go. I can understand why ZOS didn't feel it was something that merited a lot of time and effort to reinstate it. They have some pretty serious issues to deal with, and to be brutally honest this doesn't sound like one of them. Learn and move on.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Support doesn’t have the power to restore an entire bank like that.

You also confirmed the disbandment of the guild, because it does require the guild be empty before it lets you disband. I did it for a very old guild a while back, and it wouldn’t let me do a thing while there were still members in it.
    Edited by Jhalin on May 31, 2019 11:54PM
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭

Well it's not just me and my alt. By the time we came to revamp the guild it there are several people coming back to rejoin but at the time it was just essentially a bank guild. I have about 20-25 people who were going to rejoin it so we could get things back and running when it happened.

Also deleted characters can and have been restored by ZOS support so I fail to see your equivalence. Also like I said earlier that I actually can't recreate the guild because the system is telling me that the 'name is already in use'. So it's in some sort of Limbo area where the guild exists but has no members in it.
    True High King
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like someone was the last of 2, has imaginary friends that were going to in the future rejoin this 2 person guild in their imagination...were using it as a personal bank...and foolishly left thus accidentally disbanding and loosing their piggy bank.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Support doesn’t gave the power to restore an entire bank like that.

You also confirmed the disbandment of the guild, because it does require the guild be empty before it lets you disband. I did it for a very old guild a while back, and it wouldn’t let me do a thing while there were still members in it.

They've done it before with other guilds, I don't see why they can't with mine.
    Tandor wrote: »
    It's a shame that these days too many people think that when they make a mistake they have an entitlement for someone else to put it right, rather than simply learning from it.

In this case, given the history of the guild it sounds like it was a shadow of a guild at the point where it was let go. I can understand why ZOS didn't feel it was something that merited a lot of time and effort to reinstate it. They have some pretty serious issues to deal with, and to be brutally honest this doesn't sound like one of them. Learn and move on.

Also like I said, there were two accounts in the guild, both of mine when I accidentally left on the GM account, the game kicked my other account. That is a glitch that was no fault of mine that the game deleted my guild.

So you mean to say the game deleted my guild when there was still 1 person left in the guild, you think support shouldn't help out with that? Come on man.

True High King
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    AnonomissX wrote: »
    Sounds like someone was the last of 2, has imaginary friends that were going to in the future rejoin this 2 person guild in their imagination...were using it as a personal bank...and foolishly left thus accidentally disbanding and loosing their piggy bank.

Definitely don't have imaginary friends, I can list you all of the people that are going to join in DMs if you want to.
    True High King
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Except ZOS effed up here too since it shouldn't have kicked his main account from the guild as well. I would guess they changed stuff on the back end and now, even if you are the highest ranking member when the GM leaves, your main account can't be GM of 2 guilds at once. That's the only reason I can think of why his main account would have been auto kicked after accidentally leaving while on his alt.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If worse comes to worst and you have to start a new guild, but can't reuse the original name, maybe

New Order of the Bear
    Re-Order of the Bear
    Order of the Bear 2
    etc.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well it's not just me and my alt. By the time we came to revamp the guild it there are several people coming back to rejoin but at the time it was just essentially a bank guild. I have about 20-25 people who were going to rejoin it so we could get things back and running when it happened.

Also deleted characters can and have been restored by ZOS support so I fail to see your equivalence. Also like I said earlier that I actually can't recreate the guild because the system is telling me that the 'name is already in use'. So it's in some sort of Limbo area where the guild exists but has no members in it.

Unless....

Some other new guild actually put in for the exact name (which, IMO, because of the basic coolness of the name, is not as much of a longshot as it may seem) Have you tried contacting the Guild Order of the Bear?

If the name is gone, and you start a new guild that is geared more to the casual player, may I recommend Order of the Beer.

• JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

Unless....

Some other new guild actually put in for the exact name (which, IMO, because of the basic coolness of the name, is not as much of a longshot as it may seem) Have you tried contacting the Guild Order of the Bear?

If the name is gone, and you start a new guild that is geared more to the casual player, may I recommend Order of the Beer.

So we renamed the guild to something other than "Order of the Bear," the name that I'm worried about is the new name that Support changed it to.
    True High King
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfStar07 wrote: »
    Except ZOS effed up here too since it shouldn't have kicked his main account from the guild as well. I would guess they changed stuff on the back end and now, even if you are the highest ranking member when the GM leaves, your main account can't be GM of 2 guilds at once. That's the only reason I can think of why his main account would have been auto kicked after accidentally leaving while on his alt.

It is working as intended. You are definitely not allowed to be GM of two guilds at the same time. So, being the only player in the guild, it disbanded the guild because the account couldn't become GM.
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    No, in the past an account could be GM of two guilds if those conditions were met. I might have seen that once myself (I am no longer in those guilds to verify). But if they changed the conditions on the back end, then as we have both agreed this is how it would play out.
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear this has happened, Ulf. But unfortunately i do not think support has the capability to completely restore the guild with the same date of creation it had :/
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor