Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rapid Strikes Animation Cancel Question

ffyre
ffyre
✭✭✭
This is a noob question, but I'm curious if anyone knows for sure either way:

When using Rapid Strikes in the rotation, it's pretty easy to animation cancel it and light attack weave. BUT - if I cancel the animation, do I still get the final tick of damage? Or do I need to let the animation finish in order to get that stronger damage tick?
Jo'Raashaa - Khajiit StamDK | Do'Zhi-ra'dala - Khajiit StamDen | Dada'la-daro - Khajiit MagPlar
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    You lose damge, its a (short) channel.

Anyway, the only cancelling you need to do this days, specially as stam is barswaps and light atack weaving, blockcancel will kill your stam regen for a minuscule gain (if any). You can bash cancel for a small bit of damage if you dont need the regen, like on execute phase while excuting: light + killer's blade + bash. I think if you bind your bash to a key (not both mouse clicks) you don't lose the regen when bashing, but never bothered to try it.
    Edited by caperon on May 31, 2019 3:28PM
  • ffyre
    ffyre
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info @caperon. I never bash cancel actually - and I'm on console rather than PC - but I was curious about that animation, so I appreciate the quick response!
    Jo'Raashaa - Khajiit StamDK | Do'Zhi-ra'dala - Khajiit StamDen | Dada'la-daro - Khajiit MagPlar
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I will note is that even if you could ani cancel flurry it would be unnecessary, the skill channels for 0.6 seconds, therefore it is easy to cast the skill every 1 second as is allowed by the 1 second global cooldown timer on skills, even with light attacks weaved in. Also I will note that block cancelling is still relevant in PvP and duels.
  • ffyre
    ffyre
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the insight, @MentalxHammer. What I've discovered (per a guildie's advice) is that I was animation cancelling Rapid Strikes on my light attack because the channel is just slightly longer than the global cooldown on the light attack. I don't actually spam the skill back to back except for once per roto. I just need to slow down slightly.