The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Build Advice

smausage
smausage
Ugh.
I've had this game since 2014, and the highest level I've ever gotten a character to was 33.

To the point, then.
As the title suggests, I'm looking for advice on what class I should build.

I usually go for stam NB (I have like... 6 of them), but it gets a bit boring remaking the same class all the time.

I think the only classes I've gotten above lv30 were a NB, and a DK.
Everything else, I haven't even breached lv15 with.

I generally dislike ranged combat in this game, though it probably gets better after you, you know... actually have more than 3 skills to use.
So what do you think is the most fun (pve) class?

I have necro, but not whatever the other one is.

I think my problem is just that I don't enjoy how leveling works in mmorpgs--super boring in the start, more fun near the end.
I always end up playing through the opening island, a little bit of the first zone, get bored and pin that boredom on the class, then restart.

In 5 years, I've probably played the opening islands 150ish times, and gotten past the first zone maybe... 6 times?
And past that the number dwindles even more.
I don't think I've ever managed to complete any of the alliance stories, yet... :/

• APGaming
    APGaming
    ✭✭✭
    It's really up to your playstyle. As you said you aren't a fan of ranged combat, but I still encourage you to try it out. For example, I hate tanking, I have a max level tank and never use him. I have him just in case I one day decide to use a tank for whatever reason. But if you aren't a fan of ranged you have so many options. I personally believe the two easiest classes to pick up are Templar and Sorc, maybe give them a try. Templar can be melee really easy for both mag and stam because of the very first Aedric Spear ability being a close range skill. Another close range mag class is Dragonknight. Alot of those skills are up close regardless of mag/stam. If you ultimately do decide to go stam, all of the classes will end up being close range. Another thing to add on, I came to ESO from single player Elder Scrolls, meaning I like the questing around and the RPG leveling system. Depending on how you got into eso, you might prefer to level a different way. Maybe Google some leveling guides if youd rather not play the quest content. Hope this really long response helps!
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smausage wrote: »
    Ugh.
    I've had this game since 2014, and the highest level I've ever gotten a character to was 33.

To the point, then.
    As the title suggests, I'm looking for advice on what class I should build.

I usually go for stam NB (I have like... 6 of them), but it gets a bit boring remaking the same class all the time.

I think the only classes I've gotten above lv30 were a NB, and a DK.
    Everything else, I haven't even breached lv15 with.

I generally dislike ranged combat in this game, though it probably gets better after you, you know... actually have more than 3 skills to use.
    So what do you think is the most fun (pve) class?

I have necro, but not whatever the other one is.

I think my problem is just that I don't enjoy how leveling works in mmorpgs--super boring in the start, more fun near the end.
    I always end up playing through the opening island, a little bit of the first zone, get bored and pin that boredom on the class, then restart.

In 5 years, I've probably played the opening islands 150ish times, and gotten past the first zone maybe... 6 times?
    And past that the number dwindles even more.
    I don't think I've ever managed to complete any of the alliance stories, yet... :/

You should make a decision. Do you want to finish the soloable content or not ? Do you want to see all those stories, landscapes and dungeons or not ? If not, there is no reason to play.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I think you are already aware, you very much need to focus on one character and take them to level 50, then onto Championship point level 160. Only then does the game reach its full potential.

Without getting anywhere near level 50, you have never even unlocked the full potential of the Night Blades you enjoy. Nor are you getting to experience the vast and varied array of content available. Story quests by the bucket load, dailly quests, delvs, public dungeons, dungeons, trials... so much to do.

If you prefer melee then most races and classes are viable. Sorcerer, Templar, Dragon Knight, these are probably the go to classes, besides of course a Night Blade.
    Edited by Grianasteri on May 31, 2019 1:49PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your goal is to do the story content, really, any build will work. So, don't sweat the details or DPS for that.

If your goal is to get better at combat, well story content is safe easy way to practice as it is so forgiving.

Also, this might help, outside of Trials and certain Veteran Dungeons, there is no prize for killing something really fast so stop thinking you need to have the best DPS to succeed. You only need to be alive after the mobs are dead.

Finally, good or bad, a two skill rotation is all you need for Story content. If you feel like the game us overwhelming you with combat choices, simplify it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"