Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to continue main quest beyond "Castle of the Wurm"

Captaind2020b14_ESO
Captaind2020b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
It doesn't look like the Banekin to start "The Tharn Speaks" has appeared for me. I don't currently have any main quest lines listed in my journal and I am unable to find anyone to move the quest forward in the Harborage or the Mages Guild in Daggerfall. I checked to see if I could find the Banekin in any of the cities I have been to and I was unable to find it. I am currently CP130 and I have soul magic 3 so I am fairly positive that is the last step that I left off at. I have a theory that I may have missed something when I left Sancre Tor at the end of Castle of the Wurm because I didn't accept any new quests while there thinking it was a new area and I didn't want to load up on quests until I started that area as I have been clearing each area before moving to the next. If there is something I have missed please let me know. Thanks for the help!
  • Captaind2020b14_ESO
    Captaind2020b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It doesn't look like the Banekin to start "The Tharn Speaks" has appeared for me. I don't currently have any main quest lines listed in my journal and I am unable to find anyone to move the quest forward in the Harborage or the Mages Guild in Daggerfall. I checked to see if I could find the Banekin in any of the cities I have been to and I was unable to find it. I am currently CP130 and I have soul magic 3 so I am fairly positive that is the last step that I left off at. I have a theory that I may have missed something when I left Sancre Tor at the end of Castle of the Wurm because I didn't accept any new quests while there thinking it was a new area and I didn't want to load up on quests until I started that area as I have been clearing each area before moving to the next. If there is something I have missed please let me know. Thanks for the help!

I should also add that I noticed this on Monday so I have logged out multiple times and more than 24 hours have passed since. Sorry for the extra reply. I couldn't figure out how to edit my post.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not alone. Many of us have not been able to progress past this point, me included.

So many bugs with Elsweyr.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always wondered how a quest that was part of the core game gets screwed up from time to time. I understand if they are tweaking the MQ, but this is a new chapter.

This is not the first time the MQ has been messed up. Best advice, put the MQ on hold for now, you can always pick it up later. And, your journal will get you back on the path again.

ZOS will fix this soon, they always do.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have the Tharn quest activated this happens. Cancel the quest and the Banekin will appear. It happened to me but after cancelling it worked just fine. You can get the Tharn quest later.
  • Takis1979
    Takis1979
    ✭✭✭
    I have completed the quest "castle of worm" and after i left the harborage the banekin never appeared. I uploaded my achievement page and the quest journal

ouxhhq3n0hr4.png
    5uj424rwtf6y.png
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a prologue quest for Elsweyr open? That also involves Abnur Tharn and it seems to somehow interfere with other quests that involve Abnur Tharn. If you do, drop the Elsweyr prologue quest and try to pick up the main quest again.
  • Takis1979
    Takis1979
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Do you have a prologue quest for Elsweyr open? That also involves Abnur Tharn and it seems to somehow interfere with other quests that involve Abnur Tharn. If you do, drop the Elsweyr prologue quest and try to pick up the main quest again.

thank you, it worked
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abnur ain’t good enough to be everywhere at once. He’s not as spry as he used to be.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

This was exactly my situation. I put in a ticket and they recommended doing exactly this (abandoning the Elsweyr prologue quest if not completed). Worked perfectly and I was quickly approached by the banekin quest giver for the next main questline quest. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo