Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any good Necro main tank vet dungeon and trial builds?

Xsarec
Xsarec
✭✭
Was wondering if anyone has seen a good vet dungeon and trial build for a necro main tank that they could link.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly working on finishing both tank and dps skills still so I don’t have a ton of data for difficult content yet, but the rough outline for the build I’m planning to run is:

-Imperial
    -64 into stam
    -Double bloody Mara
    -6/1 with perf. Yoln + alkosh, unsure of monster set atm (used dragonguard until I got Yoln, have been using bloodspawn for monster set)
    -Snb bar: pierce armor, hungry scythe, necrotic potency, heroic slash, beckoning armor, aggressive war horn/atro
    -destro staff bar: ranged taunt, flex spot (empowering grasp), elemental blockade, mortal coil, spirit guardian, renewing animation/ravenous Goliath
    -mag regen jewels, crusher staff enchant, weakening snb enchant
    -lord mundus stone

Note I intend to swap between tank and stam dps with this character and you might allocate resources differently and use different food if you go full tank build. Nord could be a better full tank race and orc could be better for part time dpsing (while being practically as good of a tank). I went with imperial just for personal preference.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtXrDYFgArI

It's a long video, sorry about that. Might do a written guide later though.
  • Xsarec
    Xsarec
    ✭✭
    [quote="It's a long video, sorry about that. Might do a written guide later though.[/quote]

Excellent video, thank you that gives me a lot of great info...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »
    Mostly working on finishing both tank and dps skills still so I don’t have a ton of data for difficult content yet, but the rough outline for the build I’m planning to run is:

-Imperial
    -64 into stam
    -Double bloody Mara
    -6/1 with perf. Yoln + alkosh, unsure of monster set atm (used dragonguard until I got Yoln, have been using bloodspawn for monster set)
    -Snb bar: pierce armor, hungry scythe, necrotic potency, heroic slash, beckoning armor, aggressive war horn/atro
    -destro staff bar: ranged taunt, flex spot (empowering grasp), elemental blockade, mortal coil, spirit guardian, renewing animation/ravenous Goliath
    -lord mundus stone

Note I intend to swap between tank and stam dps with this character and you might allocate resources differently and use different food if you go full tank build. Nord could be a better full tank race and orc could be better for part time dpsing (while being practically as good of a tank). I went with imperial just for personal preference.

No Siphon for mag recovery?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    jypcy wrote: »

-Imperial
    -64 into stam
    -Double bloody Mara
    -lord mundus stone

Well, I have the detonating siphon morph for when I dps. The intent is to be able to change roles on the fly without needing to go to a shrine. Plus, unless I’ve missed something, wouldn’t you have to build pretty heavily around it simply for the skill to not be a net magicka loss when used in heavy armor?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Siphon isn't a good Magicka sustain skill. It costs more than it restores unless you invest into Magicka Cost Reduction. Base cost is 3240 Magicka and it restores 2844 Magicka over 12 seconds. So only thing you get out of it is 3% damage increase as a passive and some shock damage for 400 Magicka cost. Also, it consumes a corpse which could be used for better things such as Ultimate regeneration (and healing) with Necrotic Potency or stamina sustain (and healing) with Mortal Coil.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also worth noting that necromancers are jam packed with desirable tanking skills, so even if you reduced the cost of it to the point where you at least get a net magicka return I think it’d be hard to justify taking a bar space over what else you have available.