Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BG Ques..Can we get acknowledgement?

HEBREWHAMMERRR
HEBREWHAMMERRR
✭✭✭✭✭
I am writing in hopes we can get some sort of acknowledgement or clarity in regards to the battleground que system that seems to be broken.

Some back story, I waited until the minute the ESO AMA went live on Reddit 2 years ago to ask about battlegrounds pre the release as it’s something I’ve been passionate about and waiting since the games release. Finally morrowind comes and my much anticipated battlegrounds were live! However, this was met with a completely unplayable new feature as the que system did not work almost entirely. Solo was met with 1-2 hour que times while if you were grouping with friends you’d be lucky to get a game every 2 hours+. This was frustrating as dedicated pvp players waited and waited for some form of small scale focused pvp to release. We went months without so much as a comment from the developers and the silence was deafening and many people quit altogether.

Some changes were made and a “MMR” system was finally implemented after much community begging. I took almost a year off and came back and rejuvenated my love for ESO sand specifically in regards to PvP.

That being said, it seems the que system that has been tweaked, is breaking more and more each day. I don’t know if this is due to the MMR system implementation but there has been several players on PC who have tried group queing three 4 man premades at the same time around the same MMR, and are still facing the same struggles as a solo or group que faces daily.

The group finder is plagued with “player decliner, you’ve been placed at the front of the que” almost indefinitely. There have been people who have reported receiving this over 250 times before getting placed in to a single game. I among with several others have been constantly asking ZOS to look in to this issue, provide some sort of feed back, look at the MMR system, ANYTHING.

Yet again, we are met with complete silence from the developers and it’s very reminiscent to the morrowind release. I think it’s very safe to say this correlated directly to the new release that this has been a bottom priority for them. They simply don’t care and are reverting back to the same money grab tactics that have been relevant since release.

There are some excellent suggestions for a custom lobby on the battlegrounds sub forum but I don’t know if that is ever even looked at.

Can we please get some acknowledgement that this has been received and is having some further investigation? Some of us are exhausted from 5 years of cyrodill and want to be able to log in, que for a BG and play some instant pvp fights without playing horse simulator. Last night was my breaking point as I got a total of 5 games in and was queing for around 5 hours. This is unacceptable for a game of this size to have an entire function just not work as intended.

TL;DR : BG ques have not been working properly since release and are currently as bad as they’ve ever been.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @brandonv516 @Iskiab @Thogard @Gilliamtherogue
Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on May 30, 2019 4:13PM
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why make things so damn complicated? Take the first 12 solo in the queue and split them into 3 groups which are closest in rank. Every other death match game manages to match people pretty much instantly. There are loads of games which only have a battle royale type theme, nobody would play if they had to wait 5 minutes for a match, let alone an hour or 2.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why make things so damn complicated? Take the first 12 solo in the queue and split them into 3 groups which are closest in rank. Every other death match game manages to match people pretty much instantly. There are loads of games which only have a battle royale type theme, nobody would play if they had to wait 5 minutes for a match, let alone an hour or 2.
    Exactly! This isn’t reinventing the wheel. Multiplayer has been around for so damn long the fact it’s this big of a problem is baffling.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have we not learned that tagging every ZOS employee that you can and demanding an "official statement" never works?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too long. ZoS didn’t read.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Have we not learned that tagging every ZOS employee that you can and demanding an "official statement" never works?

I message and tweet them too. Doesn’t hurt to try when you’ve been patient for 2 years. Ha
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Too long. ZoS didn’t read.

Damnit, you’re right. Editing a Tl;dr.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35zpb92kfggx.gif
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    Yah its terrible, i canceled my eso+ over it. Why pay to play a game that you cant play?
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lisutaris wrote: »
    35zpb92kfggx.gif

Get miat's bg addon!
  • Takanami
    Takanami
    ✭✭✭
    Unable to get acknowledgement at this time.
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s interesting that so many balance changes seem to be made with PvP in mind, but there are not really any efforts to make PvP more playable.
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »
    It’s interesting that so many balance changes seem to be made with PvP in mind, but there are not really any efforts to make PvP more playable.

Thats a pretty good point.
    Edited by Get_Packed on May 30, 2019 6:07PM
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »

Keeps everyone distracted from the real issues at hand.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got home from work..going on over 30 minutes with no que pop! Awesome.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I acknowledge BG queues.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I acknowledge BG queues.

Thank you for your contribution
  • Ananoriel
    Ananoriel
    ✭✭✭
    We are just imagining this issue. Everything is working fine.
    *presses 'f' 250 more times*
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lisutaris wrote: »
    35zpb92kfggx.gif

I am stealing this lol ty
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks OP for raising this although I think it will be a fruitless task as its quite apparent that BGs aren't high on thier priorities.

I also find it rather rude that we don't get at least an acknowledgement whether or not its something on thier list that they plan to look at, especially as there has been countless threads on the following subjects over the last few years:

1) Poor / buggy queuing system.
    2) PuGs being teamed against organised premades. Separate queues are really needed with additional incentives to get more premades involved.
    3) Pet and monster helm pet targeting which gets abused.
    4) A poorly implemented MMR system which continuously puts you against the same players, even though there are a plethora of names on the leaderboard who I've never played against (gets boring and would be good to mix it up a bit).

Do we actually have a BG representative who can speak on our behalf at these catch up sessions that seem to happen occasionally between ZoS and the class reps?
    Edited by Weesacs on May 31, 2019 6:24AM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    Thanks OP for raising this although I think it will be a fruitless task as its quite apparent that BGs aren't high on thier priorities.

I also find it rather rude that we don't get at least an acknowledgement whether or not its something on thier list that they plan to look at, especially as there has been countless threads on the following subjects over the last few years:

1) Poor / buggy queuing system.
    2) PuGs being teamed against organised premades. Separate queues are really needed with additional incentives to get more premades involved.
    3) Pet and monster helm pet targeting which gets abused.
    4) A poorly implemented MMR system which continuously puts you against the same players, even though there are a plethora of names on the leaderboard who I've never played against (gets boring and would be good to mix it up a bit).

Do we actually have a BG representative who can speak on our behalf at these catch up sessions that seem to happen occasionally between ZoS and the class reps?

Exactly. All I am asking is some sort of acknowledgement of even half the issues that currently plague BGs. The subforum of battlegrounds is littered with posts but it just seems to fall on deaf ears unfortunately. Trying to raise awareness any way I can to these problems.
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    cancelled eso+ :')
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhh dont mention BGs problems, u will get muted like i was yesterday 🤫
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haojin wrote: »
    cancelled eso+ :')

So I just have to buy $15 worth of crowns now.
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    Bumped for relevance. Please address.
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • Tulare_Verlaris
    Tulare_Verlaris
    ✭✭✭
    Acknowledge what? The problem has been around for years, you think there is any hope of it being resolved now?

I know a certain someone was supposed to be able to part the waves, but you have more chance of witnessing that in real life in the 21st century than that occuring.
    Still in the queue, spamming "F"...
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/477365/update-on-lfg-system

Well. I got my acknowledgement about 5 hours ago, stickied on top. Thanks for all who contributed in helping the cause.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on June 1, 2019 12:21AM
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/477365/update-on-lfg-system

Well. I got my acknowledgement about 5 hours ago, stickied on top. Thanks for all who contributed in helping the cause.

AWESOME!

And holy ***! A response!