Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[help] 180CP MagPlar - How to Improve / Goals to Aim for

neski
neski
Soul Shriven
Hey all,

Returning player here. I'm looking for a bit of guidance/suggestions on moving forward. First time posting (I hope I'm in the right place)

My average Vet Dungeon I pull about about 10k Minimum and 18k Max DPS on single target bosses.
Couldn't tell you AOE DPS

I feel like I'v hit some-what of a wall. I know a degree of that is needing a group to to do trails with, i may have found one.
But before I do, I want to make sure I am as well prepared as I can be and I'm not sure what my gear goals are/should be.
Or even if my skills could be improved.

I am still learning my rotation but at this stage its something like this

Rotation

BoS > BlazingSpear > SolarBarrage > light attack > Degeneration *BarSwap*
PurifingLight > light attack > Vamp bane > light > Psweeps > light > Psweeps > Light *BarSwap&Repeat* (This is when BoS and back bar spell run out)

Note:
*replace 2nd Psweep with heavy attack if magika getting low or off-balance comes up
*Harness Magika comes in depending on the fight. (after Solar Barrage)
*AOE trash is basicly - BoS > BlazingSpear > SolarBarrage *BarSwap* VampBane > light > Psweeps (repeat light/Psweeps till deal or lay first bar again)

Character Overview

180ishCP
Breton
64 AP into Magika.
Mundus stone - Shadow
Food - Witchmother's Potent Brew
Pots - general Magika Recovery, Cant afford a lot of Essence of Spell Damage - that's why Degeneration is on the bars.
Spell Crit - 50.0%
Spell Damage - *will edit when home*

Set up

Head (heavy) & Shoulders (light but aiming for a med need more keys!) - Grothdarr
5 Piece Light Armour set - Mother's Sorrow - Mag Enchant (traits are a bit all over the place)
Lightning Staff x2 - Law of Julianos. Both with Fire Enchant
Ring x2 - Law of Julianos - Spell damage
Necklace - Law of Julianos - Mag Recovery

*All gear is purple, minus the Jewelry.

Bars

Front Bar
Purifying Light, Puncturing Sweeps, Vamp Bane, Radiant Oppression, Inner Light | ULT - Elemental Storm

Back Bar
Blockage of Storms, Blazing Spear, Solar Barrage, Degeneration, harness Magika | ULT - Crescent Sweep

Champ Points

Blue
30 points into Elemental Expert
9 points into Spell Erosion
working on 75 points into Thaumaturge

Red
11 points into Quick Recovery
now just balanced leveling of Hardy, Elemental Defender and Thick Skinned

Green
Balanced leveling of Tenacity and Arcanist

Any other info needed please ask :smile:

Thank you for taking the time to read though this. If you have ANY suggestions I am willing to learn.

Thank you, again, in advance,

Neski
Edited by neski on May 30, 2019 4:30AM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like your trying to run a crit build using the shadow mundus and mothers sorrow/julianos sets yet your not really investing in elfborn for champion points. Thats kinda a head scratcher.

Also your not using any skill to help buff your crit (minor force) like channeled acceleration or rearming trap.

Yeah offbalance is decent but you just gave up easily over 20% more crit on a crit build (~15% in elf born and 10% in minor force . Might want to make a change.

Like make necessary CP changes, upgrade your monster set to Zaan, lose meh skills like purifying light, vamps bane and sweeps for skills like ele weapons, solar barrage and channeled
    Edited by Drdeath20 on May 30, 2019 5:55AM
  • neski
    neski
    Soul Shriven
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Seems like your trying to run a crit build using the shadow mundus and mothers sorrow/julianos sets yet your not really investing in elfborn for champion points. Thats kinda a head scratcher.

Also your not using any skill to help buff your crit (minor force) like channeled acceleration or rearming trap.

Yeah offbalance is decent but you just gave up easily over 20% more crit on a crit build (~15% in elf born and 10% in minor force . Might want to make a change.

Hey thanks DrDeath,

Gotcha! - I havn't unlocked the Psijic Order skill lines, I think that should be up there on my to do list. I tried rearming trap but I found too often id lose out of being able to use it if I had to break a stun or vice-verser.

So, ditch the Thaumaturge and put them into elfborn. Champ points have purely been from looking at guides. I must say I haven't really don't the right research on that.

Zaan is on the to do list - need that 300cp to Q :(

Thank you, I will work on this when I get home!

Edit - saw your edit removed part
    * isnt Sweeps like my bread and butter as a MagPlar?
    Edited by neski on May 30, 2019 6:03AM
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on PC just install minion, download combat metrics and constellations, find a guild and ask who has a parse dummy, practice your parse until you feel comfortable with it and are able to sustain it, export that the damage report to constellations and it will tell you the best possible CP allocations for you, apply the suggested changes and then try your parse 3 times again.
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    neski wrote: »
    Hey all,

Returning player here. I'm looking for a bit of guidance/suggestions on moving forward. First time posting (I hope I'm in the right place)

My average Vet Dungeon I pull about about 10k Minimum and 18k Max DPS on single target bosses.
    Couldn't tell you AOE DPS

I feel like I'v hit some-what of a wall. I know a degree of that is needing a group to to do trails with, i may have found one.
    But before I do, I want to make sure I am as well prepared as I can be and I'm not sure what my gear goals are/should be.
    Or even if my skills could be improved.

I am still learning my rotation but at this stage its something like this

Rotation

BoS > BlazingSpear > SolarBarrage > light attack > Degeneration *BarSwap*
    PurifingLight > light attack > Vamp bane > light > Psweeps > light > Psweeps > Light *BarSwap&Repeat* (This is when BoS and back bar spell run out)

Note:
    *replace 2nd Psweep with heavy attack if magika getting low or off-balance comes up
    *Harness Magika comes in depending on the fight. (after Solar Barrage)
    *AOE trash is basicly - BoS > BlazingSpear > SolarBarrage *BarSwap* VampBane > light > Psweeps (repeat light/Psweeps till deal or lay first bar again)

Character Overview

180ishCP
    Breton
    64 AP into Magika.
    Mundus stone - Shadow
    Food - Witchmother's Potent Brew
    Pots - general Magika Recovery, Cant afford a lot of Essence of Spell Damage - that's why Degeneration is on the bars.
    Spell Crit - 50.0%
    Spell Damage - *will edit when home*

Set up

Head (heavy) & Shoulders (light but aiming for a med need more keys!) - Grothdarr
    5 Piece Light Armour set - Mother's Sorrow - Mag Enchant (traits are a bit all over the place)
    Lightning Staff x2 - Law of Julianos. Both with Fire Enchant
    Ring x2 - Law of Julianos - Spell damage
    Necklace - Law of Julianos - Mag Recovery

*All gear is purple, minus the Jewelry.

Bars

Front Bar
    Purifying Light, Puncturing Sweeps, Vamp Bane, Radiant Oppression, Inner Light | ULT - Elemental Storm

Back Bar
    Blockage of Storms, Blazing Spear, Solar Barrage, Degeneration, harness Magika | ULT - Crescent Sweep

Champ Points

Blue
    30 points into Elemental Expert
    9 points into Spell Erosion
    working on 75 points into Thaumaturge

Red
    11 points into Quick Recovery
    now just balanced leveling of Hardy, Elemental Defender and Thick Skinned

Green
    Balanced leveling of Tenacity and Arcanist

Any other info needed please ask :smile:

Thank you for taking the time to read though this. If you have ANY suggestions I am willing to learn.

Thank you, again, in advance,

Neski

For your CP level, that isn't actually terrible. Thaum 75 is already going to add a lot -- consider going for 81, as blockade, sweeps, and radiant beam are all DoTs.

Really, you are short a lot of CP bonuses and raw attributes (20% from 100 into each relevant tree on health, stam, mag) and with your staff setup---Change your backbar staff to Infused Inferno Staff with Spell Damage enchant, not fire. The 100% uptime on that is an extra 452 spell damage into your rotation and burning does more overall than concussion for an individual parse, while off-balance and concussion contributes to group dps, but not personal as highly. Grothdarr is okay for Templar, I still prefer mixing and matching; consider trying out Valkyn or Slimecraw instead if you have the keys and inclination to farm it out. For your current setup, until you get more points invested into Elfborn, you would likely be better off running Thief, Apprentice, or Lover for your mundus.