The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar Healer - What skill to drop for Inner Light?

Puxo1105
Puxo1105
Right now I use:
Healing Springs (no master staff)
Mutagen
Breath of Life (instant heal)
Combat Prayer (minor beserk)
Purifying Light (minor sorcery)

So if I want Inner Light for the Prophecy and Max Magicka what skill should I drop?
My first though is Healign Springs cuase its heal is lower then Mutagen.

This is in dungeon's (not doing trails, and also dont want to chug pots all the time)

Also, how much diffrent does Blockade of Storm doing? (the off balance proc) in a dungeon? Are we talking, 1% more overall dmg or 10% more dmg?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would do one of these, first one preferred:

1- Drop both Springs and Mutagen for Energy Orbs and Inner Light.

2- Drop Breath of Life and use Combat Prayer for burst healing.

And yes, you need to keep Blockade for enchant procs.
  • Puxo1105
    Puxo1105
    Liofa wrote: »
    I would do one of these, first one preferred:

1- Drop both Springs and Mutagen for Energy Orbs and Inner Light.

2- Drop Breath of Life and use Combat Prayer for burst healing.

And yes, you need to keep Blockade for enchant procs.

Energy Orbs, is it so good? :) I like Mutagen cauase of no need to aim (and random groups in dungeons, ppl tend to not really stand still etc ;o)
    I have both Breath of Life and Combat Prayer :P BoL is like... must have for saving random noobs :P

So its more of an enchant proc usage of blockade? Right now I have a crappy destro staff so :o
  • Puxo1105
    Puxo1105
    Drop both Springs and Mutagen for Energy Orbs and Inner Light.

Sounds like a good idea (looked on energy orbs abit more and it looks nice imo, only tried it before)
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Energy Orbs is currently the best heal skill in the game. It heals once every half seconds which is amazing paired with Bogdan (or Sentinel) as more healing ticks will increase the proc frequency. It gives resources to your allies. The synergy itself is a huge AoE burst heal and extremely cheap when used with Asylum Resto.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replace Breath of Life with Prayer only if you are super cool experienced healer who play with super cool experienced static group. Otherwise keep BoL as panic healing tool.

My current bars:
    Inner Light, Structured Entropy, BoL, Rapid Regen (Mutagen is meh and probably bugged), Orbs; Temporal Guard
    Pury Light, Blazing Spear, Ritual, Radiant Oppresion, EleDrain; Barrier

this is only for dungeons, static group or randoms absolutely doesn't matter.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puxo1105 wrote: »
    Right now I use:
    Healing Springs (no master staff)
    Mutagen
    Breath of Life (instant heal)
    Combat Prayer (minor beserk)
    Purifying Light (minor sorcery)

So if I want Inner Light for the Prophecy and Max Magicka what skill should I drop?
    My first though is Healign Springs cuase its heal is lower then Mutagen.

This is in dungeon's (not doing trails, and also dont want to chug pots all the time)

Also, how much diffrent does Blockade of Storm doing? (the off balance proc) in a dungeon? Are we talking, 1% more overall dmg or 10% more dmg?

My current bars:
    Elemental blockade, Luminous shards, Radient oppression, Energy orbs, Purifying light, Elemental rage ulti
    Combate prayer, Healing springs, Mutagen, Extended ritual, Elemental drain, Reviving barrier ulti.

Mutagen is often removed and replaced when running in a trial, as it is not practical to spam enough times to cover everyone with its buff/proc (though can be done if you want). Depending on the content, I may slot Purify for Mutagen, or indeed Inner light. There are also other useful options, a damage shield or Rune focus for instance, again depending on the content.

A note on mutagen, I like it because it automatically removes a harmful effect and heals, if the ally drops below 20%, so if you are incapacitated, down, out of resources or dont notice etc, you can still save an ally (or yourself) with the proc - fire and forget.
  • Iki
    Iki
    ✭✭✭
    Sun fire also give major prophecy, so you could use vampires bane/reflective light to both get spell crit buff and give minor sorcery. Increase to max magicka from inner light is negligible for healer, as increase to healing power is relatively low and not really needed, in my humble opinion. I prefer having breath of life or ritual of rebirth in that slot.

Here is bar-setup I have used with my templar healer for a long time.

Resto-staff: Healing springs, rune, energy orbs, combat prayer, breath of life/ritual of rebirth, lights champion ultimate.
    Destro-staff: Blazing spear, reflective light, ele drain, blockade, crushing shock/jesus beam, aggressive warhorn ultimate.
  • Puxo1105
    Puxo1105
    Now im leaning on going with:
    Resto Staff: Energy Orb - Mutagen - Breath of Life - Combat Prayer - Vampire's Bane -
    Destro Staff: Luminous Shard - Channeled Focus - Extended Ritual - Elemental Blockade - Elemental Drain - Aggresive Horn

Ultimate on the resto staff, not 100% sure.. Right now I have Solar Prison (but not really using it) so maybe better to go with either Light's Champion (for healing + crit damage buff) or any morph of Barrier? But dunno what would be best :)

Other then that, anything else that is more of waste then a gain?